Silver Creek Senior Living - San Jose, CA

Vintage Silver Creek Senior Living in beautiful San Jose, California is an independent and assisted living community which also specializes in the care of dementia.

It would be difficult to imagine a more perfect setting for making the most of one's senior years than at Vintage Silver Creek in the upscale neighborhood of the Silver Creek golf course. Surrounded by more than three-and-a-half acres of exquisitely manicured grounds, gardens and walking paths, Silver Creek also offers an inviting large patio with a beautiful back gardens, and breathtaking views of the evergreen hills. It is easy to make yourself at home at the Vintage Silver Creek in San Jose, California. It’s a friendly, flexible environment that celebrates your individuality and nurtures your soul. We recognize that each new resident has a unique lifestyle. So we’ve tailored solutions to match: Independent Living, for our most active seniors.

Assisted Living, when you need a helping hand.

Memory Care, special care for those with memory challenges e.g. Alzheimer’s and dementia.

Short Term Care, for a respite or recovery period.

Serving Silver Creek, San Jose, Buena Park, Ashbridge, The Village, Richmond Ranch, The Estates and Silver Creek Valley Country Club.

All options include: A safe, secure environment, compassionate, capable staff, busy days, rewarding activities, 3 chef prepared meals daily, scheduled transportation for errands, medical appointments and field trips and friendly people and a sense of community.

Nearby attractions include extensive fine dining and shopping, Silver Creek golf course as well as cultural, educational and entertainment opportunities abound. The Regional Medical Center of San Jose, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente Medical Center are all near by.

Vintage Silver Creek, a Vintage Senior Living retirement community, offers Independent and Assisted Living, depending on availability and floor plan.

Clean Community!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my loved one at this community. The staff have been wonderful to her and have made sure to accommodate her needs at the best of there ability. She has had no complaints about the meals and really has enjoyed all of the activities they have available throughout the week. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

The food needs a lot of improvement!!

My father is actually doing very well, he is not complaining and it has been a good fit. They say that ever since sunrise took over, the food has gone downhill. I have lunch with my father quite often, and the food is just bad. If they could just improve on the food, it would be a much better experience. The people there are wonderful, the nurse and assistants are really nice and my father is enjoying the people. Everything is very clean and it has been a good experience so far, I just wish they would improve on the food.

Care and Comfort for mom

The care at this community. the staff is nice and caring. they allways keep me informed on her progress. the meals are outstanding and the variety is wonderful. The activities are offered to her. I liked the clean and beautiful community. The residents are able to do gardening and that is something that my mom really likes doing. The community has a good feeling about the environment. We would highly recommend this community for the great care and value for a loved one.

Review

The facility is very clean and the staff are extremely friendly and caring.
Would like to see more variety of meals in the dining room.
I would like to see a wider variety of daily activities in and outside of the facility.

The staff is friendly and caring. Facility is clean with a variety of areas to enjoy.

Not The Place For Us

We did not select this community because they were not understanding of our needs. The tour was fine but the gal was not understanding. I kept going over and over the details. She could have reassured me and my concerns were validated and maybe it would have worked out.

Sunrise Senior Living

The building is nice, but it is too big.

It is a big community. The outdoor space, which is not that great, also doubles as a smoking area. The building is nice, but it is too big.

Excellent respite care

My loved one was here for a short respite stay, and overall I thought Vintage Silver Creek did an excellent job! It is a nice looking, clean community, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. I really appreciated that the community has a full-time transition coordinator to help new residents integrate and make connections with other residents and caregivers. My loved one mostly keeps to herself but I like that they were making sure she had the opportunity to get out and socialize if she wished!

Great Experience

My loved one was here for a short time, but they did a great job! It was a fantastic stay! My loved one had a really good time here! The facility itself is much better than some of the others around, and they were a real class act! It was great!

Very good overall

My loved one really seemed to enjoy his stay here. The staff were all very very friendly, and they kept the building looking nice and clean. I also heard from him that the food was very good! I can't really think of any specific way that they could improve, they're very good overall!

He wanted out of here, he felt like he was talked down to and not treated with respect. The food wasn't very good, and he didn't like having to stand in line for your meals. They scolded you and wouldn't give you anything if you came late, for meals. It was very rigid.

Respite care

My father thoroughly enjoyed his two week stay at Vintage Silver Creek. He has always liked dining out at fine restaurants. The wonderful selection of meals offered along with the courteous serving staff at Silver Creek afforded him that experience again.

Everyone in management and the staff create a safe and caring environment for the residents. I will definitely arrange for my father to stay their again in the future.

Locked, Secured Alzheimer's Facility

I think they could do better activities and I think the need more staff to manage the people in the Alzheimer's unit. Every time I go over there, there never seems to be enough people to manage the residents. My mom is there and we chose it because it's a locked, secure facility. We needed that because she was exit-seeking.

seemed very nice. Definitel...

seemed very nice. Definitely in contention.

Both these facilities back onto a nat...

Both these facilities back onto a nature preserve, deer roam the grounds outside the fencing. Limited patio area. 1 bedroom was the most spacious I've seen so far, and a huge plus was bathroom door from Living room, another door from bedroom. Upshot here, when one is resting, one doesn't have to go thru bedroom to get to the bathroom -- hurray.

Very nice, small size apt. 780 sq. ft...

Very nice, small size apt. 780 sq. ft. but nice layout Good food. Flexible eating times, 7 - 7. Park outside - no charge. About 14 mi. to Good Sam - too far for shuttle.

Smallish, close to my existing home i...

Smallish, close to my existing home in the Villages, a real plus. However, frankly, there isn't much nearby although scheduled outings work to make up for it. I'd call this 3 stars plus for maintaining contact with friends and neighbors.