Atria Del Sol - Mission Viejo, CA

Key staff positions remained vacant which impacted the level of oversight and quality of service.

Kate Vance

Hello, and thanks for taking time to provide feedback-I'm sorry to hear that you've had some concerns. If you'd like to talk with someone directly, please send us your contact information and anything else you'd like to share at [removed].

[Removed] toured us and made us feel welcome. They seemed to have a variety of activities for the mind and body. Their community seemed very nice although it was more expensive

Nice Community

This community was nice however the fact that my uncle primary language he speaks is Spanish sometimes he will talk all in English but he prefers Spanish and the fact that wasn't a language spoken by the staff that may have been an issue. The staff was nice and very welcoming. The community was very clean and well maintained great grounds.

There were a lot of determining factors that had to go into my decision thought process. I had to take into consideration the location, pricing and if my mom would feel comfortable being there. Thankfully she and I have similar taste so if I felt that the house might be a little too cluttered either by furniture or personal items being around the house then I tended not to consider them. The staff was nice here friendly and the house was clean.

Recently Renovated

This community was very nice it has been recently been renovated in the last couple of years so everything is nice and clean and well maintained. The community is in a nice residential area with a golf course nearby. The staff was very informative and friendly when we were there.

Helpful Staff!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff did a great job providing us with great information and answering any questions we had for them during our presentation. I liked the open floor plan and felt it was easy to navigate through the building. It was just not the right location for my mother in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

This is a Beautiful Fit for my Mother

My mother's transition at Atria Del Sol is going well as she just lost my sister,
My mom is in an independent apt which is nice and very clean. It has a beautiful landscape and she has a sliding glass door that opens on to her patio which is facing a beautiful golf course. Something that my mother loves.
All the staff there very friendly they make sure my mother knows about the activities and they make sure they invite her to join-in as well.
My mother does both cook for herself and goes to the dining room for her meals. She did mention to the staff that she really didn't care for the menu and the chef actually came to her apt and ask her what she would like to see changed and what her favorite meal would be and then he fixed that for her. The chef also invited her to a Private dinner party in the Private dining room which she is really looking forward to attending. They do try to accommodate the residents as much as possible and do listen to their concerns. They offer transportation to outside activities like shopping, grocery stores, and doctor appointments as well.
I would definitely recommend Atria Del Sol to my friends and neighbors as it is a beautiful place.

Good Reputation in The Community

My mother in law is doing great with her move to this community. We couldn't be happier with this community. Everything is working out very well, and she is in good hands at this community. I chose this community because it has a good reputation in our community. They have great care givers, and we are pleased with all they have done for us. This is a community I would recommend, it is a really nice place.

Accommodating Staff!!

The staff at this community have been very accommodating to my mothers needs and making sure she has made a smooth transition into her new living environment. She has had no complaints about the food and enjoys participating in the activities they have to offer throughout the week. Overall we are pleased and would recommend this place to anyone.

Lovely place

Atria is a lovely place. Very green and nestled behind beautiful eucalyptus trees. It has a pretty patio. Because it's small, the caregivers know everyone's name. They are cordial, efficient, and caring. The food is fantastic! My mother is beginning to enjoy her life here.

It went well...

The move to Atria Del Sol was overall a good experience but there were some bumps in the road. 3 days after my loved one moved in we were told that if he did not improve, they would not be able to keep him there without extra help so we had to hire an outside company. I feel that they should have told us that would be the case prior to making such a big move.

Very Pleased with This Community

We are very pleased with my mother in law move this community. Everything is working out very well. This is a very nice facility, and she is doing great. We are comfortable with the care she is receiving, we know is she is in good hands. Overall all is well, and this is a community I would recommend.

Care for mom and dad

I like this community for the care for my mom. The staff is very helpful with everything including meds, and do appointments. The food is outstanding. The activities are really good and they enjoy the going out of the community. I would highly recommend this community for the great care and they have a great memory care.

Lovely Staff!!

The staff that took me on my tour of this facility where lovely. They made sure to take there time and answer any questions my loved one and I had for them in detail. They also offered us to try one of there meals that they serve to there residents to make sure my mom would like it. It was just not the right fit for my mom, the location was a little far and the community was too big.

Atria

Pleased by the staff, surroundings, and cleanliness of facility. Also activities planned are meaningful and stimulating for residents.

A Place for Mom representative, [Removed], was instrumental in assisting me in finding this company that my loved one will go to the end of this month. She was wonderful support in this process.

Terrific marketing person!!

I was overly pleased with the gentlemen who gave my mother and I the tour of there community. He was not too pushy and made sure too give us lots of great information in detail about there facility. My mother is Jewish and wanted to be a little more in that environment so that was the only thing she was not satisfied with at this place. Overall we have had no complaints and would defiantly recommend it

This is a wonderful place

We placed our Uncle in Atria a couple of weeks ago and he has adjusted very well. It is clean and the staff is so helpful. He has not been able to participate in much since he is going through radiation on his ear for the next 3 weeks every day except weekends. It makes him very tired so he has pretty much stayed in his room which he loves. It is not an inexpensive place but it is beautiful and as long as we can afford it he will stay there. I can't wait until he feels better and he can appreciate their beautiful grounds and good food. They cannot seem to do enough for him and he rests very well there. We are so happy.

Excellent Care

This community is great. The staff and the caring are wonderful. We are happy with the care that is received by everyone. They offer a great variety of meals that are appealing. Alot of great activities are offered. I would highly recommend this community to other families

Great senior living

Atria Del Sol is a great living facility for seniors. Great friendly staff. The facility is well kept, bright and cheery. The food is very good with lots of variety and choices on their menu. The residence also have a multitude of activities to participate in. Great place. Great value for the dollars.

Absolutely beautiful community with a lot to offer and very friendly staff. However, quite expensive for very small rooms.

He Is Very Pleased With The Food

My friend is doing very well here at this community. It is a great community with kind people. The community is very well maintained. his room is always clean when I visit. They have a very good staff here. They do offer many activities for him to try out. He is very pleased with the food. I know he is safe and in good hands. I would recommend this community.

It Is Really Great

This community is so wonderful and great, I couldn't be happier. My mom is living at this community that is always clean and the staff are so involved and made sure Mom felt like she was part of the community. There is monthly calendar of daily activities to do and my mom likes that. The food is so wonderful and the cook will make you anything you request, good for diet needs or picky eaters. I would recommend this community

Great meals, caring staff

An Amazing Tour

I enjoyed the tour at this community. The staff are all wonderful and friendly. I like the open community walkway and the cleanliness. I did not choose because the price was high for me and no private bathrooms. The community seem organized.

Dad Wasn't Happy

My father was not happy with this community, so we have moved him to a new place. This is an okay community, with a decent staff. They do a pretty good job of keeping the facility clean. It is a smaller community, and my father was looking to interact with more people. The residents aren't very active. I would say it depends on your loved one if this community would be a good fit.

Kate Vance

Thank you for the feedback – I'm sorry to learn that our community wasn't a perfect fit for your father, but your family is welcome back at any time. If you'd like to share anything else about your experience, I invite you to send me an email at [removed].

A Place for Mom and Dad

I have found everyone to be helpful and friendly. The rooms, hallways and eating areas are cheerful and clean. Maintenance folks have helped my dad set up his TV and computer and make sure he can see the Angels baseball games. My mom (who really isn't aware exactly where she is most of the time) seems comfortable and at ease.

Review of Atria Del Sol - Mission Viejo, CA

loved it. The location is just a little too far from the freeway but I would still keep it on the list.

My Dad is happy!

My Dad is happy living there! That is all that counts. However, the food is very good when we eat together in the dining room.

Review of Atria Del Sol - Mission Viejo, CA

Over budget. Beautiful building and room. Did not see many residents out and about. That is a concern.

Exceedingly Caring

They are just exceedingly kind and caring. The staff understands the needs of the dementia patients and they try and make it as home-like as they possibly can. I am really grateful to have find this place.

Not the Atria Del Sol I remember! Newly remodeled, nice grab and go area, and my dad has a fellow Vet friend already a resident!

Helpful staff

Things are going okay here. The staff is friendly and professional. They are very patient with the residents. The facility is very nice and clean. It does have a cozy feel. Everyone here has been very helpful.

Studio is too high. Food was amazing. Rooms very small.

They make it personable

I think that the caregivers are great. They are really nice people and they are pleasant. They get to know everyone, so they make it personable. Maybe just be a little more sensitivity and awareness to the fact that the people coming in are new.

very happy

Atria Del Sol is a great place. I don't have any complaints at this time. The facility is clean. The people are friendly. We are very happy with this facility.

Five-Star Rating

They keep good track of the residents. They always know who you are talking about and where they are whenever you call them. They also have a lot activities and try to get everyone involved and participating.

extremely friendly and knowledgeable

Everything has been really good at Atria Del Sol. The staff are really good at handling my father-in-law. He has dementia so I know that can be difficult. They are extremely friendly and knowledgeable at this facility.

Very nice community

Unfortunately my loved one was only here for a brief time, but I thought they did an amazing job during her short time here. It's a lovely community, and the staff were amazingly friendly and caring. She also had very good things to say about the food! I'd definitely recommend it to others looking into senior care.

Needed a Place for Mom

My Mom is 91 and just broke her Hip. She was a bit disoriented when we arrived at Atria. The staff is very helpful and very nice and after a few weeks my Mom is starting to adjust to being at Atria. The food is great and the place is very clean. I now have peace of mind knowing my mom is in a clean safe place to live.

Conflicted

I just moved my out of this community. I got talked to by three people including the LVN and the business manager who thought this would work for my mom, that it was just a period of adjustment, but the manager, Laura, said that mom should move to a board and care, which due to timing has been very inconvenient.

Kate Vance

I am sorry if there was any confusion regarding the level of care needed at the time of your family member’s initial assessment and any inconvenience you have experienced as a result. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you further to determine what might not have been communicated effectively so that we may continue to improve. If you are willing, please email us directly at [removed]. In order to quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence, please include “Atria Del Sol” in your subject line. Should you need any further help from us, please do not hesitate to reach out.

No, not interested. Hard to...

No, not interested. Hard to tell what it is like and seems they are pushing for their new memory care facility. I prefer my mother be with others that may also be in wheel chairs.

Very nice atmosphere, but t...

Very nice atmosphere, but they only had studios and our mom wants a bedroom/living area separated.

I am very pleased with Atria so far! ...

I am very pleased with Atria so far! What really stood out to me was the combination of the friendliness of the staff and the facility itself. It offered exactly what we were looking for, as far as features, and the price was within our range as well! Overall, very pleased!

Good place, staff excellent...

Good place, staff excellent, starting on a 18 month renovation soon. They promise it will have no impact on residents and gave good rate

Loved it! Perfect! 2500 was...

Loved it! Perfect! 2500 was told to keep looking. :-(

Too Spread Out

It was older and only had studios. I though it was too spread out. Some of the rooms would be too far away for my aunt to navigate her way around. She can walk just fine but it would have been hard to figure out.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. I would like to clarify that in addition to studios, we have alcove apartments where there is a division between the sleeping and living areas and we also have suites. I would like to assure you that our community is easy to navigate once our residents are acclimated to their surroundings. We know how confusing things can be at first, so we escort our new folks to and from their destination until they feel like they can manage on their own. We welcome your questions at any time and we hope you will return for another visit soon. If we can be of further assistance, contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Very close to our home and liked Dire...

Very close to our home and liked Director and her presentation. Not as inviting appearance as Sunrise.

Older facility with 90 units on three...

Older facility with 90 units on three floors. Well maintained with very friendly staff. One we are considering.

Manager was great, along with all the...

Manager was great, along with all the staff. Very friendly. Very clean. Food was delicious. Outdoors not an issue for Mom but I liked it. Elevators a bit of a walk from rooms shown. Rooms were small, liked the little kitchette feature.

To be truthful I did not like this pl...

To be truthful I did not like this place. It seemed dirty and very old. Also there was no outside areas for people to sit or walk around.

Atria Del Sol is an inviting senior living residence serving active older adults. In addition to independent and assisted living options, our thoughtfully designed community now offers Life Guidance®, Atria's innovative memory care program for residents with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia.

Beneath the gorgeous Saddleback Mountains and overlooking Casta del Sol Golf Course, you'll find a charming community with daily opportunities to socialize, pursue new interests or simply relax. From group outings to cultural events and local sightseeing to walking clubs and news discussion forums, there's always something going on to inspire you.

Just as important as the environment we create inside our community is the one we preserve outside of it. Our recent $8.6 million renovation included eco-friendly enhancements for a greener, more sustainable community, and has earned us LEED® certification.

But what you might appreciate most is the friendly, personal service and discreet care you'll receive from our exceptionally dedicated, professional staff.

It's an intimate, welcoming environment where you can live more independently - with the support that makes it possible.

License #306000372