Vintage Hills at Prairie Trail - Ankeny, IA

Vintage Hills at Prairie Trail

When you think of assisted living and memory care, what do you see? If cookie-cutter apartments, quiet hallways, bland food and stereotypical activities come to mind, then think again. Over twenty years of experience have taught us that today’s seniors want more choices and are leading a more active lifestyle than generations before. That’s why one visit will shatter your expectations.

How do we do it? We start with an environment of choice. You’ll find a great variety of living options from affordable studio apartments to spacious one bedroom suites. When it comes to boring stereotypical activities – you won’t find them here. We know that challenging the mind and stimulating the body have enormous benefit at any age and can even slow the process of memory loss. That’s why, as part of Watermark Retirement Communities, we created Watermark University. Watermark University offers

Nice Place!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I was pleased with how our visit had went. The staff where on time to our appointment and did a great job with the presentation as well as answer any questions I had for them in detail. The property was clean and we had liked the open floor plan. We ended up choosing a different place that was just a little more updated and newer.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks. I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited. Whatever your choice may be, please feel free to call any time if you have questions along the way. We are glad to help in any way we can. Sincerely, Trish Brewer, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Trish Brewer.

Accommodating Staff!!

My mother had recently lived at this community for a short period of time and I was pleased with her experience of this place. It was newer facility so they where still working out some things but for the most part everything went well. The staff where attentive to her needs and I was comfortable with the care she had been receiving. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone interested in an assisted living for there loved one.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you! I will share this comment with our caring, friendly team and thank them for the difference they make every day. We love what we do and I’m so glad it shows. Sincerely, Trish Brewer, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Trish Brewer.

Care and options

We toured this community for care. I felt like they were trying to see me something instead of informing me on the care that is given. They have fees that are nonrefundable. the community is clean and the environment is not what we were looking for. We recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your high marks and for visiting our community. Whatever your choice may be, please feel free to call any time if you have questions along the way. We are glad to help in any way we can. Sincerely, Kristen Canham, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Kristen Canham.

I toured Vintage Hills...

I also toured Vintage Hills at Prairie Trail. This place was also nice, it was clean and everyone from the most part was friendly. Some of the places, though, would not call me back after they evaluated my mother which was very discouraging.

My grandmother lived in another. This is a much nicer place. My mother in law likes this place much better than any of the other places she has seen.

It's been really good.

It's been really good. We haven't had any complaints about the maintenance or other residents or anything. We liked the location it's convenient for us. The lady that helped us was extremely knowledgeable, and once we told her what are situation was, she knew exactly what we were looking for, and the services they provide were just what we needed.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much, I will share your review with our entire team of associates. We’re honored that you chose Vintage Hills and so glad to hear that she’s happy. Please let me know if there’s anything special we can do to ensure she’s thriving. Thank you again your feedback is greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Kristen Canham, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Kristen Canham

A really good facility. Our only complaint is about the food.

The Vintage Hills at Prairie Trail has been really good. The only complaint we have is about the food. The food use to be really good but they have a different chef now. Everything else has been good. My loved one seems to be comfortable there. The facility is really clean. Everyone is nice. The staff seems to be good. They seem really caring. We don't have any major issues or concerns. The Vintage Hills is nice.

Vintage Hills at Prairie Trail Review

My Mother has plenty of activates which keeps her busy.

She has made friends.

Her have Alzheimer's, she feels very save and secure in her environment.

Nationwide. Corporate feel.

Nationwide. Corporate feel.

Excellent place for continued independence

Vintage Hills at Prairie Trail has an inviting atmosphere and its just perfect for my mom who needs assistance in her daily living activities. Once a guru in the kitchen, she has adapted well to being pampered receiving three meals each day. Mom is enjoying meeting new people, adapting to her new apartment, planned activities throughout the day and having her grandkids/dog stay over for the night. There are planned outings twice a week which I'm hoping can be increased in the future. Mom can still living independently while having the security of getting help at a moments notice. The people that assist my mom are fabulous and have really worked with our family to make the transition as seamless as possible.

Short stay

Even though we were only there for six weeks everything about the Vintage Hills has been a wonderful expierence. The community is very clean, the staff is very helpful and the care needs for all its residents was exactly what we needed at the time.

Beautiful community

This is a very beautiful facility, and the staff are always friendly and helpful. One thing I like in particular is that everything feels very open, there's plenty of room to walk around without feeling like you're having to move past or through people. My mother can get her walking done indoors. She walks 1 to 2 miles a day without having to step outside in the cold Iowa winter.

The meals do seem to be hit or miss. That is the only reason for not giving it an overall rating of 5.