Villas At Union Park - Tacoma, WA

This facility was very nice. I enjoyed my visit

The facility is acceptable, but has some minor maintenance issues. The staff is friendly and the food good.

Great Amenities!!

The amenities this community offers is very convenient for my loved one. Her apartment is spacious with beautiful features and a great view. The physical therapist that comes twice a week to see her has helped her improve immensely, she rarely has to use her walker anymore.

My mother complains about the food although it is more nutritional for her. My mom does not want the staff doing certain things when they come to her room to clean up. By the time she gathers things that she does not want the to do it is time for them to go. I'm not happy with it not because of them but because of her. They are currently doing renovations on the outside.

mother-in-law loved it

My in-laws took a beautiful apartment there, and they were there for two days when my mother-in-law fell down and broke her hip and had to go to the hospital. After that, my father-in-law decided she did not want to stay there,

My mother-in-law loved it, but my father-in-law did not. She liked the activities, liked the apartment, and liked the meal plan where she did not have to cook. We were really disappointed with how things worked out, because it was a very nice place.

staff do very well with the activities

My mother is not happy being at Villas At Union Park because she lived at her house for 59 years. It has nothing to do with the facility. She is just not willing to do much of the activities offered right now. While I was visiting we go see a movie they had playing but mom left early because she was not into it. The staff do very well with the activities. They even had a trip to Mount Rainier planned the day I arrived. I was unable to go but it seemed really neat. They have a beauty salon on site and that is really nice. They could improve with the location of the recycle bins. There aren't any close to moms room and she walks with a walker. The dining room with the nice white table cloth is a really nice touch. Overall I am really happy with everything here.

been really good

It's been ok. The people that have helped us have all been really good.

It was a pleasant experience there.

They did a very good job. The staff was very friendly. It was a pleasant experience there. There were some definite billing issues, that we are still working out. There haven't been any complaints about the food. We liked the general atmosphere, and the overall friendliness.

Had nice visit with Melissa...

Had nice visit with Melissa Martin and lunch. Older place and well kept up with lots of storage in rooms. Food great and clients very friendly and happy. Activity level and organized social things not what we felt uncle was looking for. No pool but YMCA option was offered.

Friendly place, happy residents.

We moved our mom into the Villas after a not-so-great experience at another place. So far it's a great improvement. The residents and the staff are VERY friendly and helpful.

The food the day I was ther...

The food the day I was there was rather iffy; just couldn't eat it. I just didn't like the feel of the place. No real reason, but it wasn't a good fit. They talked about paying to customize the apartment as we liked--I don't think we are looking at long term independent living, and they didn't offer any 'assisted' living or dementia care at this location. We would have to split up my parents sooner than later.

Amy

My dad is very happy at the Villas. I have asked him about all of the components listed for rating and he was very happy with all of them. I like the fact that a major hospital is right across the street. The location is near many retail facilities and easy to get to. The employees are always friendly to me when I visit and seem to care about the residents. The food choices are good, but my dad likes the fact that his one bedroom apartment has a complete kitchen in case he wants to cook.
If you are looking for a beautiful exterior to the facility, this is not the place for you. It is plain, but the interior is nice. That is the only reason I gave it an overall rating of 4.

has Indep. Living in one building and...

has Indep. Living in one building and Assist Living in another 10% off for Vets.

Very talkative representatve, but not...

Very talkative representatve, but not always on topic. Facilities were extremely clean and food was fantastic (not institutional). Apartments only with activities list and special events. No condos or independent housing. Inside of rooms was spotless; outside needed some work.

Villas residences provide a warm and comfortable residential environment where older adults can enjoy their retirement years with dignity and choice. Life enrichment programs and outings provide opportunities to socialize and appreciate each day to the fullest. Residents enjoy the privacy and convenience of their own apartments, furnished with personal belongings and treasured mementos. Supportive services, such as weekly housekeeping, daily meals and 24-hour staff, are available to provide a sense of comfort and ease. Special Features- Private apartments - Comfortable common areas - Pleasant outdoor surroundings