Weatherly Inn-Tacoma - Tacoma, WA

The Weatherly Review is very nice

They take great care of my mother and my mom is always spotlessly clean. The environment is very pleasant and always very clean. So I give an A++ for care and cleanliness.
They lack a bit on friendliness.....especially in the first couple months when my mom and me really needed it. Some of the help is very friendly but not everybody. They do have activities, however some of the activities are really not appropriate for the memory care area where my mother is. (i.e. Hangman and other word games)

Overall fine. Activities mostly consisted of watching tv. Care was spotty depending on who was the caregiver. It was the nicest place we visited, but pricey.

A little on the expensive side

This is such a beautiful place. The administrators and director are all tied into the community and talk to the residents. They also had a lot of events and a calendar of things to do. This facility had a really good feel to it. It was bright, homey, and warm. I liked it here but the price was a really big drawback. There's such a large community fee just to be placed here. They also don't work with Medicaid. I would recommend this facility even though it's a little bit pricier.

Mom's enjoying her stay!

My mom's experience at Weatherly Inn is going smoothly! The facility is clean and the staff is nice and polite, and they are sure to take good care of my mother. She also gets many opportunities to socialize and engage in activities. My mother is enjoying her stay!

A beautiful community

My loved one is not doing well at this community. The staff are doing what they can in a difficult situation. The food is good. They offer alarms in the wheelchairs. I do not think the doctor we chose is very vigilant. She was losing weight and I had to ask them to please test her to see why this may be happening and it took eight days to get her the medication she needed. They had some incorrect contact information at the nurses station and I have not gotten a response in regard to correcting this. I am not happy with this community.

They Stand Out

After touring the community this became our second choice. I was impressed with the knowledge from the staff who were great when meeting. The presented us nice place and were very professional and organized. We had a meal an it was made very well. I would live here just for the food! We didn't pick this location because it was not in a convenient location for us.

A good tour!

TheWeatherly Inn was a gorgeous facility with nice amenities. The problem was that it was priced way higher than I could afford. I have a certain income for the year and I can not afford to spend it all on an apartment, but the community was very nice, I recommend it to anyone who can afford it.

5 stars!

The staff at this community are friendly, helpful and I have good communication with them. They get to know you and your loved one. They offer a variety of daily activities and food choices. The food is good and the community is kept clean.

Seems like a nice place!!

The first impression I had I was impressed. The staff are friendly, attentive and seem helpful. The food is good. My sister is in the memory care and they have their own dining room. I am able to take her to the other dining room. They have some activities and musical entertainment that comes in. I would currently recommend looking at this community.

Gracious living

Friendly
Clean
Elegant and charming surroundings in and outside

Wonderful Experience

My mother was only there for two weeks. When she entered the Weatherly Inn, she was tired, depressed, and felt hopeless. She live alone and she is 84 years old. After being there for a week, she wanted to stay for another. ( It was difficult convincing her that she needed some respite time, so her wanting to stay was a very big deal!). Her spirits were high, she felt better, she wanted to socialize and she certainly looked better. The Weatherly was my first experience with Assistant Living and I am so glad that this was a positive experience for our family. By the way, the food was excellent!

Great Care and Value

This is a outstanding community with excellent staff. The community is clean and taken care of. They offer activities here for those to stay active. She is happy with the food that is available. Other families would be happy with the care that is received here.

Weatherly Inn

I toured several facilities prior to reviewing them with my mother. She selected three communities to visit. Although I think she could have been comfortable in any of the residences we visited, when she saw the apartment at the Weatherly Inn, her face lit up and she said "I think I could be happy here."

The chef introduced himself and sat with us during lunch. They have restaurant seating which was a preference for my mother. So far the selection for diners has been varied and they have been open to requests from my mother (i.e., grilled fish instead of poached).

Housekeeping is offered once a week with fresh towels delivered daily if needed. Trash is picked up everyday and one nice perk is that housekeeping will make the bed if the resident doesn't want to do it themselves.

A hair salon is on the premises for a reasonable cost. Exercise classes are offered daily and yoga (using a chair) is offered once per week. Movies are also shown on site. More services and activities are offered but I can only speak to the ones my mother has experienced.

The staff has been welcoming and very kind. The serving staff are very attentive to the diners. Maintenance requests are handled quickly and no job has been considered too small.

The Weatherly Inn is beautifully decorated and maintained.

I know that no place is perfect but I'd say the Weatherly Inn strives to treat their residents very well.

A Place to call home.

This is a great community that I moved into. The staff is excellent and very caring about my needs. It is a clean enviroment and always taken care of. They offer alot of activies to stay active with others. I would recommoned this for others who want a nice place to call home.

This was a great tour!!

This was our top pick for a community. If this community was a little less expensive and closer to us we would have chosen it. This community is clean and the staff were excellent. They offer nice outings such as going to the beach for a few days.

Cannot comment on activities as we have not used any, yet. This is a Five Star organization. Comes highly recommended by doctors, nurses…everyone with whom I came in contact. My mother moved in two weeks ago and When I tell her friends she's at Weatherly Inn they recognize the name and have nothing but great things say. Check it out!

So grateful for the Weatherly Inn

My mom was placed in memory care at the Weatherly in February 2016. My entire family and I are so extremely grateful to the staff there! I have never felt such an outpouring of love and understanding from any medical staff in my life. I would call several times a day to speak to my mom's nurse and see how she was doing, and they would always be so patient and understanding. We are so happy with the care she receives, and it is such a beautiful environment. ALL of the staff...from the administration to the maintenance people, are wonderful!

Friendly Staff help make the Weatherly Inn great

The staff is friendly and place has lovely decor. The dining service is great with daily features and a regular menu including appetizers and dessert all served restaurant style.

There is medical staff 24 hours per day with additional security during the evening/nights.

The cost isn't cheap, but if you are looking for a very nice, non-hospital style place, I would recommend the Westherly Inn

Great Short Stay!

An 8 day respite stay for my husband with advanced multiple sclerosis was a wonderful experience. He was happy and well taken care of. They attended to his specific needs with a smile! No longer able to stand, walk or do most of daily things for himself - along with his ms related dementia and lack of standard perceptions - makes it difficult to "cater" to him and their care let me have a trip away without worry. I chose this facility after looking at others because they had several "gathering rooms" with comfy recliners where he could spend his day watching his favorite comedies where others focused on rehab which he is beyond.

Very Impressive!!

My sister and I needed respit care for our Mom for a week and Weatherly Inn was the only place that had a spot available. We found them on a Thursday and they worked with us Friday so we could move Mom in on Sunday. Debbie and Alison in Administration really worked their tails off so we had all the paperwork needed. I would like to Thank them so much for their hard work.
On Sunday when we moved Mom in for a week we came through the doors and Mary and Connie welcomed her by her name which was very impressive. Mom was happy there and she was taken good care of. I would certainly take Mom there again. Thank you so much to the staff that made us comfortable for the week Mom was there.

I am very impressed.

I am very impressed. I feel like my mom is in a safe place. I would surely recommend the Weatherly Inn. The cleanliness and friendliness is excellent. They just shampooed the carpet the other day. They do a great job at keeping the facility clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The Weatherly Inn is a really nice place. I can't rate the activities because I'm not sure about that. It is not applicable.

Review of Weatherly Inn-Tacoma Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Tacoma, WA

Beautiful decor inside and out. Under construction currently but great 1 bedrooms. Outside loud next to street.

Wonderful assisted living ....

Wonderful assisted living . Beautiful setting. Staff is very good for the place for patient care. Apartment excellent

Not Much Acreage

It had a nice setting. The rooms were okay - they were very, very small. It was very expensive! It was right next to a busy street so you were hearing cars all the time. They didn't have a lot of room for the clients to drive around. Even though my mom is on a scooter she likes to be outdoors and there wasn't a lot of safe places for that (not much acreage).