Solstice Senior Living at Point Defiance - Tacoma, WA

Solstice Senior Living at Point Defiance - Tacoma, WA has yet not published prices.

Couldn't Have Asked For A Better Place

My mom loved living here and she hopes that she will be able to return here but time will tell. It was very shortly after moving here that my mom fell and broke her hip and for now she is in rehab hoping to be able to return back here. She was loving the food it was wonderful we have all eaten here it's amazing. The staff is wonderful so kind and attentive and caring. The house is so clean very well cared for you can tell that take pride in the service they offer.

I was very pleased with the overall feel of the village. I thought the studio was small but 500 sq ft is small. I liked the small fridge and the bathroom was terrific but was pleased to see people out and about and happy. The price is a little high for my family member.

Happy environment!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she has made the move into this community. I go visit a couple times a week and she seems very happy and comfortable in her new living environment. She has had no complaints about the meals and has enjoyed participating in activities with the residents from time to time.

Comfortable atmosphere

It's very homey and quiet here. I've shared several meals with my mother and the food is very good.

5 stars

I have nothing but good things to say about this community. They welcomed my brother into this community without any reservations. The food is good and they keep the community clean. The staff are very attentive and caring. The offer daily activities and I would recommend this community.

I do not recommend!

When residents move out, they do not rekey the apartment. They have mold in the apartments and all they do is bleach it, bleach does not kill mold. There is new management and they do not interact with the residents, in fact, they do not have management on site at night time. It is a scary place and there have been worse things that have happened, but they have not done anything about it.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, thank you so much for reaching out and providing us this feedback - we appreciate you taking the time! You are correct we have moved away from on-site management at night time, and would love the opportunity to connect with you on this topic to help ease your concerns. We'd also love to connect around your other comments as well, and provide some clarification there as well for you. Please give us a call at [removed], or reached out to us via email at [removed]. Our community managers are happy to speak with you as well to easy concerns, please, get in touch with us when you can, we would love to connect with you!

A good experience!!

The staff at the Pointe Defiance Village were awesome. I can't say one bad thing about the place. The food was very good and the service was as well. They were very quick at any request and very professional. They are a 10/10 in my book.

Very positive reaction to facility & staff; no medical services/personnel available. Nice apartments and amenities.

Notes from the skeptical, confused, emotional edge.

It was many things together that made Point Defiance Village our choice for our mother's new assisted living move. Despite the months long process for my brothers and I acting on the realities of having a parent with dementia and the dementia with the parent. It was the staff that was there at every turn that has made all the difference. Mom is thriving, In a little over a month's residence we've all learned and trust their motto"A cruise ship on land" I have equated the experience to having a child going away to college and they adjust to dormitory living. [Removed] was the common denominator from the sales department that emerges. For me at age 65, I even should be quoted as having said that "I'd Like to Live there"

Very good. Good price. Good sized rooms.

I Am Just Fine

I have very helpful and nice, pleasant staff that help care for me. I get weekly room clean service and everything here is kept clean. There are all kinds of activities to do, I am still exploring the activities and hope to like Karaoke. There are also no T.V. and utility bills, only a phone bill if needed. The food is good but pre-made with lots of variety and a choice in what to eat every time and every day. I feel the food is salty and they could ask the food supplier to cook with less salt. Overall, I would recommend this community.

Friendly, helpful, great community!!

Dad hasn't moved in, but we've been moving his things over during the past 3 wks. Staff have been very friendly and helpful. Tawnya is incredible! Bonnie and Delci are great, too. We checked a couple different places and compared services, apartments, costs, etc. PDV was the best fit for Dad.
We became concerned when a maintenance request took longer to complete than had been promised...repeatedly. But they were short-staffed at the time and when the job was done, we were very satisfied with the job.
Here are some reasons we chose PDV: *they provide FREE local transportation - very important for Dad's trips to the movies, Y, and our home; the apartment layout and condition are nicer; hallways are wider; the common areas (laundry room, library, etc) were cleaner and neater; "open" facility layout is nice; Tawnya is super helpful and genuinely concerned about Dad's comfort and well-being; managers live on-site.
I'm hopeful Dad will be very happy here!

These people who work there are amazing!
And good meals too!

Great people, Clean. Good meals!

tremendous

I really like it here at Point Defiance Village. I have been here for about two months and it has been very good. They have a tremendous crew here. The facility is very clean, the staff are all great, the food is good, etc. I have nothing negative to say about them.

really good care

Point Defiance Village is an independant living place. They take really good care of people. The management there has been very cooperative. Overall it has really been a very positive experience and I would highly recommend them.

Nice visit with Susan Fine ...

Nice visit with Susan Fine and found lots of scheduled activities, swim pool, pool table with tournaments scheduled, putting green and clients very friendly. Clean, 3 meals included that we will sample tomorrow. Price comparable for what offered and close to Lakewood tennis club and family. Meal options flexible and guests welcome without much notice.

Independent

It was fine except there is not assisted living at all. My sister had a two bedroom apartment and she was still able to shower and do all that stuff herself. When she needed more care I had to find another place.

Beautiful grounds, very fri...

Beautiful grounds, very friendly people, lots of activities. The cottage we toured was just OK, the outside maintenance could be better. The one bedroom apartment in the main building was fine but too small for the two of us, they do not offer 2 bedrooms.

I would NOT live there

I did not like that at all. Not at all! It was dark and they had all these people crammed into these little tables. They had set dinner and meal times and that just wasn't a good thing. I didn't like the rooms. I knew as soon as I walked in that I wouldn't live there and I wouldn't put my mother someplace I wouldn't live. It did have lots of acreage but it was pretty pricey.

I would live here if I could! Beauti...

I would live here if I could! Beautiful grounds, nice cottages or apartments allow all levels of activity and involvement, great facilities, and accessible managers 24/7. No memory care facilities, but extra care is provided if necessary. Great for my parents at currrent stage; would require different facility elsewhere if situation changed.

I have had two tours and like it very...

I have had two tours and like it very much.

Nice, place. Good location. Studio $...

Nice, place. Good location. Studio $1,950 includes all including transportation.

We did like this one a lot. The cott...

We did like this one a lot. The cottages would be our choice. the Director has an interesting concept but they seemed a bit "corporate" to us.

Solstice Senior Living provides a fulfilling, independent lifestyle in a welcoming environment.

Located on 28 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in the gorgeous landscape of Tacoma, you’ll love all that the region has to offer. Though our location feels secluded and peaceful, we’re just minutes from shopping, dining, healthcare and all the natural splendor of the Pacific Northwest.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places
Solstice Senior Living offers our residents a one-of-a-kind travel program that invites you to stay up to seven nights per visit at most of our more than 300 independent living communities across the United States and Canada, where you’ll enjoy a comfortable guest room, all your meals, shuttle service, and participation in all programs and activities, at no additional expense.

Built with your comfort and safety in mind
Our easy-to-maneuver floor plans are ideal for seniors and all apartments have emergency pull cords. Our 24/7 dedicated live-in managers provide an additional level of comfort. We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Solstice Senior Living does not provide any health care services. Residents are welcome to use outside home health care options that may enable them to continue enjoying life at our community.