Peninsula - Gig Harbor, WA

Way Too Expensive

Things have been going fine here since I moved in. I really like my apartment, however, I am now starting to wonder if I have over extended myself in paying the rent that I am. I know they say everything is included but that still doesn't seem to help. The community is lovely housekeeping does a very good job. The residents and staff are wonderful very friendly and nice. The food is great. I personally don't participate in any activities I tend to want to be by myself but they offer tons of things to do you would never be bored.

Great choice

What impressed us most was the light, cheery looks as well as attitude of staff. It obviously affects the attitude of the residents. We have found friends in the short time here - first month. We toured several homes and found this one - so glad that we made this choice.

Great Place!!

I have recently taken a tour of this community for my husband and I for possibly living arrangements. I am pleased to say that we are getting ready to make the move into this facility and start our new adventure with them. The staff have been very helpful with the transition and have made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked the activity program they have available and thought the menu for the dinning room looked great with lots of variety. Overall we are happy and looking forward to the move.

Outstanding facility. Much general open space and facilities. Great programs. Good values on cost/expense end of the equation.

It's A Huge Adjustment

Right now my mom is still trying to get settled into her new community so she has not got the opportunity to join in as much activities. The food is great and good. She gets her weekly room cleaning too. The staff are great and friendly. The community is an awesome place for my mom to enjoy!

Accomadating and friendly service

We moved in less than a week ago, service has been friendly and helpful. No complaints to date.

I have only been here ten days and have spent most of my time unpacking. Have not had the time or opportunity to investigate to any degree all of the benefits of Peninsula, Gig Harbor. Plan on being here a good while so I am not in any real hurry. What I have observed I have rated above.

Food is awful!

The web site says, "chef prepared meals.." I think the chef went on vacation and never returned. The evening meal a few weeks ago was grilled cheese and tomato basil soup. The soup was good but the grilled cheese was on cheap white bread with processed (fake) cheese. The meal included fresh fruit...10 very small pieces of watermelon. This is just one example. Tonight was sirloin burger, it was full of gristle and a horrible sauce. The omelets and scrambled eggs are not made from fresh eggs. Food is awful! I have noticed the managers bring in most of their own groceries and they are equipped in their units with full sized kitchens, which we do not have. 24/7 managers seems to mean they live there but are not always available, they are virtually invisible before 8 pm at night. Thank goodness a resident was up and able to let my elderly mom in at 745 pm, the other noc when she forgot her key. And the pricing for what you get is too much. Listening to residents some get a good deal and some do not. Transportation is also very limited and not wheel chair accessible. Just beware!

Holiday Retirement

Hi Winston,
I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm sorry to hear you're having such a negative dining experience at Peninsula. Please know that we at Home Office hear you and would love to hear even more. Have you called Resident Enrichment to file a formal complaint? I've passed your review on to them for their review, but please know you're welcome to call them as well at [removed].

They were very quick to respond when I needed a bed. I got a very good apartment, but there wasn't a bed when I arrived. I have not needed a lot of care. I think they could have more fun outside activities.

They are doing great!

They are doing great! I gave them a four and a half, because nobody is perfect, but I don't have any complaints. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I like the food, I don't have to cook it. I'm happy with them.

This is a wonderful place!

I have been living here for over two weeks. I love this place. The apartments are very nice and the food is great. Most importantly the other residents are wonderful.
Howie

If you believe Target and Walmart is high class, this is your place.

My 84 year old mother took me on a tour at Peninsula on 7/12/2004. First of all let me note that my mother is cheap although some in our family call her 'thrifty'. She is no longer able to be alone in her beautiful paid off Gig Harbor area waterfront home and has decided to move into an independent living situation. Let me say that the manager greeted us with "Hello ******* ! It is so nice to see you again." I say my mom is cheap as after the first time she visited they kept inviting her to stop by for a "free" lunch or dinner which she did at least 6 times so they knew her.
My mom is thrifty so she decided this is where she wanted to move because "I will die from a heart attack within three years anyway." The other two (major) retirement communities will not allow this sort of attitude. They want people to be engaged and as independent as possible. Cottesmore and The Lodge in Gig Harbor are like Macy's or Nordstrom's. Peninsula is like Target or Walmart! Mom can easily afford better but she chose to live with the drugged and unengaged that you can see if you sit back and watch when the residents each their lunch (dinner they call it), A very depressing place!

Very Pleasant

I would give this place an outstanding rating. My sister-in-law just moved in and my husband and I are considering moving in ourselves! It seems like a very pleasant place to live and it's close to the downtown area of Gig Harbor. I recently had lunch with my sister-in-law and a friend of her's that she's made since being there. We took a nice tour - they were working on the garden and the yard when we were there.

The staff is very cordial and willing to help. There are quite a number of activities for the residents to participate in if they're interested but it's not pushy.

Situated on beautifully landscaped grounds in the peaceful community of Gig Harbor, you’ll love our elegant facilities while enjoying the convenience of being centrally located in the heart of it all. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and many wonderful local attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind