Villagio of Carrollton Senior Living - Carrollton, TX

Villagio of Carrollton has been a really good experience.

We have had nothing but very positive experiences with Villagio of Carrollton. Really good staff, food, programming, and a beautiful community. Management is always upgrading and adding new things.

Love this place

We moved our parents in here 2 years ago. It was and is the perfect place for them.
This is such a warm, caring and loving place. Daddy had some issues with his asthma and ALZ. The nurse and aides were wonderful just to always stick their head in checking on them. Sadly daddy passed last March and it was like they lost one of their own family members. They have helped mama (96. 3/4 yrs) adjust. Which is not easy when you were married 64 years!
Mama is now living with a super sweet lady, who is my son in laws grandmother. They are just the cutest!!!! God ALWAYS has a plan!!!
If yoy are looking for a small caring and honest place ....this is it.
Never have we had a problem with health issues or with personal items!! Villiago is a blessing to us all!

We toured this place recently and we were very happy with everything we saw. It was clean and had a very warm, friendly, comfortable atmosphere. It's very homey feeling in the best way and all the residents and staff we saw looked happy and healthy. We met with Krystal and she was lovely; very helpful and very sweet. She seemed to know all the residents by name and they all looked happy to see her.

Upset Family Member

As a family member with a long term resident at Villagio, I find it saddening that people put such tacky reviews to their experience at Villagio. I have seen first hand the way some family members treat and talk to the staff and I can assure you that if I had any job where I was treated and disrespected that badly, then I would quit also. I applaud the staff and management at Villagio of Carrollton and would recommend them to any friend or loved one. If I felt that my loved one was living somewhere that was as bad as some of these reviews claim, I can assure you that I would not let them continue living there, especially for 5 years.

Made a Good Decision

I'm glad I moved my mom here. I was nervous about moving my mom anywhere (other than my own house). I toured tons of assisted living homes and eventually chose Villagio Carrollton because I liked the size of it and how close it was to my house. Even after moving my mom in, I wasn't sure about letting her liver here, but every time I came to visit (which was often), the staff and management were friendly and my mom was happy.

The Experience Has Been Good

This community has nice, welcoming staff. It is kept clean all around the place. There are activities but my dad has not stayed long enough to be interested. My dad enjoys the food. I would recommend this community to any one who needs assistance.

Villagio of Carrollton, Just say "NO"

If I could give these [removed] less than one star I would. Any favorable review you read about Villagio is clearly written by a Villagio staff member.

I have a parent who has been a resident of Villagio for more than 5 years. The care at Villagio is minimal at best, [removed] at worst. Hmm, I was never advised of a bed bug outbreak. There is NO engagement for Memory Care residents. Your parent will be placed in front of the boob tube for 24/7. The staff is incapable of resident engagement.

A previous review mentions an RN on staff. There has not been an RN on staff in the 5 plus years my parent has been a resident. The staff changes frequently at this facility. They routinely lose medications and will ask you to bring more. Then after you have bought medication out of pocket since your insurance company has already paid for medication, the missing med will miraculously be found.

The staff is too inept to keep up with your parent's clothing, linens, etc in spite of the fact that your parent;s name is written in sharpie on EVERYTHING,

Save yourself the agony and don't place your parent here unless you enjoy paying for services you don't get. Villagio of Carrollton is no more than overpriced baby sitting. Your parent will be fed the starchiest of foods. They claim they have the Cafe' Fresco. This is a code term for they will open a new can of slop. Villagio's idea of a vegetable is something out of a can, and most likely some sort of brown bean.

On that rare occasion when Villagio acquires a caring, intelligent staff member, don't count on them sticking around for long. And why would they, they aren't well treated by management nor adequately compensated so they move on.

[removed]

NOTE: RN added to staff after review was written

Justin Brown

Good morning,
I realize it has been a long time since this review, but i would love the opportunity to better understand your experience. I personally interact with this community on a weekly basis and have found the staff to be very competitent and caring, and as a '40-something,' I really enjoy eating the food when I am there. I apologize for your experience a few years ago, but would like additional details so that I can make sure that this doesn't occur again. This site won't allow me to post contact information, but if you would please reach out via the contact tab on our website, I will follow up with you directly. Thank you in advance for your help in improving our community for the benefit of future families and residents,
Justin at Villagio

Worth it!

My family member has been a resident for 5 years. The staff at Villagio has been fantastic! It's small, comfortable and inviting. Eases your mind knowing your family is well taken care of and loved.

Short but sweet

My husband was only there two weeks much to our surprise. The staff was very helpful especially Justine and Jenny. The RN over the whole facility helped greatly when we were handling the death , and the money owed us for the remainder of the month was quickly returned.

Villagio not good

Horrible place to put your parent if you truly love them. The staff is always complaining that management doesn't care about them. They had a bed bug outbreak in over ten rooms they tried to hide from us. [removed] The owner seems to put lots of money in the building than providing more activities for their memory care residents. Not a good place to put a love one looks can be deceiving

Justin Brown

Good morning, I realize it has been a long time since this review, but I would love the opportunity to better understand your experience. I am personally involved in the programming/activities within the community, and am proud of the level of engagement that we are having with residents. I apologize for your experience a few years ago, but would like additional details so that I can make sure that this doesn't occur again. This site won't allow me to post contact information, but if you would please reach out via the contact tab on our website, I will follow up with you directly. Thank you in advance for your help in improving our community for the benefit of future families and residents,
Justin at Villagio

Affectionately referred to by residents and staff as “the jewel of Carrollton,” Villagio Senior Living is tucked away in a cozy residential neighborhood on Old Denton Road just north of Rosemeade, with easy access to shopping, restaurants and Baylor Medical Center. The community comprises both assisted living and memory care services while featuring a variety of floor plans for residents and beautifully decorated common areas that create a welcoming, homelike environment.