A Caring Home with Friends - Carrollton, TX

• All private rooms
  • In Home Nursing

I liked this care home!!

This is a nice care home and the people that took me on my tour were nice. This home looked clean when I went on my tour. They offer an enclosed courtyard and meals anytime.

Erin Anthony

Thank you! We enjoyed touring with you as well.

I Toured This Community

This tour allowed me to see that it was small for my dad. I only saw one resident who looked like she was sleeping in her wheelchair. This did not impress me. I felt there was not enough interaction between staff and residents. The food was nothing special, seemed okay.

Erin Anthony

Hi, I'm sorry, but we haven't offered a tour for anyone looking for their dad in the last few months. Are you sure you have the right community? Please note that we do have an activities director who is at our community daily, and our staff does go on walks, read, converse and play games with our residents along with providing them with excellent care. We would love to assist you in your search! Please contact me if you have any questions.

So grateful for ACHWF!

What a great decision to move our sweet Mom to ACHWF! We have such peace of mind now knowing she is being well cared for in a loving and attentive environment. The care givers are helpful and sweet to her, and to us. Erin worked hard to answer all our questions before we moved Mom from a traditional Assisted Living community into the McCoy house. And she and her staff worked with us to make the transition as easy as possible on Mom. In the 9 months Mom has been there, we continually find the house to be clean and fresh. And we are grateful for the activities provided that enable Mom and her housemates to be engaged, and for the open and active communication between us, the ACHWF staff and Ardent Hospice regarding Mom's medical needs. A great big thank you to Erin and her staff for providing what is truly a caring home for our sweet Mom!

Erin Anthony

Thank you Sandy - it's always a pleasure seeing you and your family. And your beautiful mom...she is AWESOME!

Great Care at A Caring Home With Friends

My husband was cared for at A Caring Home for only two months before he passed away, but in that time he was lovinging taken care of by the staff. I visited on a daily basis and always found the home clean and in great shape. The staff treated him like one of their own family and although my husband was suffering from dementia and paranoia, he was as happy as could be expected with his condition. I highly recommend this facility for someone who is looking for a facility that is as close to their own home as possible.

Erin Anthony

Thank you so much Nancy. It was such an honor to speak at his memorial - what a talented and gifted man! Wishing you love and many, many blessings.

A Caring Home with Friends - Extended Family

How blessed we are to have found this place for our mom!

A Caring Home with Friends truly feels like extended family.
The small, personalized environment allows the opportunity to get to know all the residents, families and staff by first name. The bonds and friendships developed are extraordinary.

The staff provides loving care in this spotless, residential home with beautiful grounds. Meals are home cooked with love and delicious!

Administration is very attentive and accommodating to family requests. A joy to work with.

Mom's smile says it all!

Erin Anthony

Thank you so much! You and your family are such a sweet blessing to us. Thank you for the delightful friendship we've developed!

Making this decision is difficult

In "Ambiguous Loss" there is physical presence and psychological absence. In this type of ambiguous loss, the person you care about is psychologically absent-- that is, emotionally or cognitively missing. Such ambiguous loss can occur from Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia's; that take a loved one's mind or memory away.

For me this loss alone is difficult on its own to deal with, but now I have to find somewhere and someone to help me care for my loved one.

My experience the last few years with other houses has given me the opportunity to meet some wonderful people and some not so wonderful people. Finding the right place for your loved one is difficult and I hope that my review helps you make such a decision.

A Caring Home with Friends is just that. Its a home where all are family. The staff are caring, loving and competent. My husband in only a few days began feeding himself again, walking more and laughing more. He enjoys the gardens the most I think, watching the Koi and walking through the flowers.

Me, because I work I can't be with him all the time, but knowing that he is being taken care of as if I was there caring for him gives me a sense of relief . I highly recommend A Caring Home with Friends, for that is exactly what it is, a caring home with friends taking care of your loved one.

Erin Anthony

Theresa, I'm so happy we could play this role in your lives. Thank you for your feedback and for your wonderful recommendations!

A Caring Home With Friends: A Godsend

A Caring Home With Friends was perfect for my dad, who lived the last nine months of his life with what he considered lifelong friends. Alzheimer's diminished his memory and ability to live on his own but Erin and her sweet team helped my dad to flourish...to laugh...to enjoy company...to worship God...to eat healthy and delicious home-cooked meals...to enjoy privacy with his own room and television...to enjoy the medical care from professionals who were also friends...and to live in community with other good souls. I unhesitatingly and enthusiastically recommend this wonderful home for the care of your loved ones. Until the very end of my dear dad's life, I knew he was well cared for and attended to; the tears shared by his caregivers were proof that he had become a part of their family.

Erin Anthony

It was truly a pleasure serving your father. He was a delight in our home and will be remembered fondly! Thank you for the honor.

A Caring Home With Friends mission is to provide affordable senior living and quality services in a caring, residential environment. We strive every day to implement our mission simply…by ensuring that every resident feels like they are at home – A Caring Home With Friends.

Our team isn’t just a team. They’re a Care Team, on a mission to live by our core values of Treating Everyone with Respect & Kindness, Completing Every Job Well and Implementing Excellence with Care. Highly trained on state of Texas guidelines, medication supervision and customer service, our Care Team works daily to provide comprehensive, quality care.

We are a Type B facility, meaning that we can accommodate Residents with greater care needs, and also allow for aging in place.

Services

*RN on staff to provide individual care to our Residents (TX & FL Licensed)
*24 Hour care provided by our Care Team. Each of our Care Team members are trained in customer service, medication supervision and elder care
*Visiting Physician provides convenient medical access
*Certified Assisted Living Administrator on site 5 days/week
*Emergency Call button and pendants for each Resident
*Texas Certified Fire Alarm, Security and Sprinkler System to ensure ultimate safety
*Invigorating exercise next to our koi pond and peaceful walks through our botanical gardens
*55 inch flat screen TV in our Family Room
*Beautifully furnished rooms, ready for your family to customize for your loved one
*3 nutritious home-cooked meals served daily. We know that meals are a time for community and enjoyment! We vary our menus and serve delicious food every day.
*Snacks available around the clock
*Regular wellness assessments by our licensed, on-staff nurse
*Three spacious sitting areas, including a Garden Room, Relaxation Room and Family Room
*Private and Semi-private rooms available for your selection
*Engaging activities daily with our Activities Director – These include exercise, sing-a-longs, outings, bar-b-ques and other fun activities. We even incorporate our Residents’ suggestions into our daily schedule!
*Assistance with bathing and dressing
*Medication management and supervision
*Personal Laundry and linen service included
*Full service housekeeping services and house maintenance
*All utilities included, and every bedroom includes Fios TV
*Wireless internet access
*Scheduled family and resident meetings