Atria Carrollton - Carrollton, TX

At Atria Carrollton, you’ll enjoy the serenity and security of a senior living community personalized to fit your needs. Enjoy interesting activities by day and relax with friends around the cozy fireplace by night. Conveniently located near the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Atria Carrollton offers easy access to shopping, a vibrant senior center and the Trinity Medical Center.

Place seemed dated and old. Staff was friendly but felt like they were overselling. Looked prettier on the website than in person.

Good Tour!

My tour of the Atria Carrollton went pretty good. The place was clean and well maintained, with friendly people. What I did not like about the place was that it was carpet throughout, and carpet gets stained very easily. It had an old style layout, with long hallways. We were looking for something a little more homelike.

No complaints !!

My loved one had a great experience when she lived at this community. The staff was all very kind and always willing to lend a helping hand to make sure her needs where met. They provided fun and exciting activities and always made sure the residents had something on there schedule for them to do for the day.

A nice community!!

The staff have been really helpful. My father in law is in memory care and the director of the unit keeps us updated on his care. The community is clean. He likes the food. They offer a variety of daily activities. I would recommend this community.

I have been very pleased

I think for me and our situation, they took an individualized plan and determined what was going to be best for my Mother. They could improve on their Memory Care Unit as far as having activities where the residents would be more engaged.
I have been very pleased and the communication with the staff is great.

so nice and so helpful

My dad (who is 92) is there at Atria Carrollton and everybody there has just been so nice and so helpful to him. The place is very clean and the people there are very professional and friendly. They always greet me by name when I come to visit, and they always know where dad is and how he is doing. They have all been great and my dad has not had a single negative thing to say. I would very highly recommend them to anybody.

she would recommend it she is very pleased with over all service said the staff is very helpful and the facility was very very clean gave the over all rating of the cleanliness a 5 star rating said that the people there are very very friendly gave the value of the facility a rating of a 5 star rating..

There have been some issues since being here.

There have been some issues since being here. They didn't get the call button to my loved one right away, and there was a situation where she needed it, and didn't have it. They only have transportation Monday - Friday, and it costs extra if you need it on the weekend because they have to hire a transport van. There really isn't much that can be done on the weekend, they will tell you, you have to stay well until Monday. We chose it because the rooms were bigger than a lot of the places we looked at.

Kate Vance

We are sorry to hear of your concerns and would like to connect with you personally to make sure your family member has everything she needs. Please contact us directly via [removed] and be sure to include “Atria Carrollton” in your subject line so we may quickly connect you with the right people to help.

The care givers, including med techs, are exceptional!!!
Sheri at the front desk is beyond exceptional!!!
Ashley, the nurse is excellent!

The food could be better.
Plus, the menu choices should always include something that those on a more restricted diet could healthy choice.

We are very happy with them.

We are very happy with them.The people at Atria were nicer and more real, than at some of the other places we saw. I didn't feel like they were just trying to get us in here. It's very clean, I have never come and seen it not clean. I have heard some of the attendants say that after dinner there isn't much to do, but during the day they keep them really busy. My mom is really happy, and she's happy with the food too. We have had lunch with them, when we came to visit, and it was good.

So far it's looking pretty good.

It's only been a little over a month but things are looking pretty good. It's kept very clean. The activities are very good. She likes the food, I would say that is a five as well. I would like them to be a little more responsive to requests. I chose them for the value, and I liked the location, it's easy for me to get to.

I think it's a wonderful place.

I think it's a wonderful place. My parents are happy and the other residents are happy. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. They are attentive and responsive. The food is excellent. My only comment is for the on-boarding process. There was a little of a delay getting things set up for the move in.

Clean, smelled nice, memory...

Clean, smelled nice, memory care, group activities, staff very friendly, nice grounds, menu was fine, flexible programs for personal care, 30 day notice for move out, financially it could work and a possibility. If she moves to Texas.

We are very happy with Atria.

We are very happy with Atria. Things are good so far.

Peace of Mind

I used to worry every time I wasn't with my brother, who is suffering from Alzheimer. He has very limited income and so I thought we had to put him over in Greenville, or Rockwall, as we thought that was all that he could afford. I live in Frisco and another brother lives in Irving and it made seeing our brother, on a very limited basis, simply because of the distance. I called "A place for Mom", and they helped us find Ateria. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is just out of this world, so caring and competent. I see a spark of light and a smile that I hadn't thought I would ever see again in my sweet brother. I'm so grateful to Ateria and a place for Mom. Thanks to Gayle Birdwell ( a place for Mom)

Atria Carrollton, the right place !

Visited several properties but Donna French was the most genuine, honest and took the time with us on several occasions to answer all our questions. All the staff is very attentive and caring.

Donna French is a God Send to our family ! Fabulous human being !

Cindy, Lori were great. Tak...

Cindy, Lori were great. Takes David Troxel's 'best friends' approach, cost is w/in budget plus June is 10% off plus $3K move-in allowance; room has a kitchenette, chapel is a big part & the memory care folks attend with the assisted living residents. Then and now pics at entrance. Rooms stay locked or have door open.Initial assessment would be done at Mom's house. Outside paths ok, but needs flowers. Has one raised flowerbed.

Very warm

My mom is staying there. The staff is amazing!
I’d give the cleanliness a ten! They seem to be about one step ahead. When you’re in the position of placing a sick parent – they were one step ahead of me. For example, we arrived They had made an appointment with the doctor on Thursday. I hadn’t thought to do that. It was perfect time.

They’re very fair in how they go about even the cost of things. They want people to get settled in and adjusted.

The food would be my only ‘not a five’. I think the food could be better.

You walk in and it’s just very warm.

This seemed like a really nice facility. Because of cost, we were looking at semi-private. The semi-private room I looked at required the second resident to walk through the first resident's area to get to their bedroom and the first resident to walk through the second's to get to the bathroom. If you are looking for memory care only, this is not the place.

Exceptionally Caring Staff

My mother-in-law was in an assisted living facility when her dementia worsened and we had to move her to a memory care facility quickly. We visited many facilities. Some smelled, some were depressing environments, and some were beautiful but staff lacked warmth. When we visited Atria in Carrollton we were met with warm caring management and staff from the top down, many of whom have worked at the facility for 5, 10 and 15 + years. We moved my mother-in-law to Atria's memory care January 21st. Sadly when we moved her, we did not know my mother-in-law was losing her eight year battle with ovarian cancer and she passed away March 18th. We are greatly comforted by the fact that we know she was in a loving and caring home for the past couple of months. We came to know the caregivers, on staff RN, activity director and management well. During the hospice time period my mother-in-law was in a coma for five full days and the caregivers and staff accommodated all our needs while we stayed round the clock. If you've been through the final stages of hospice you know what a horrendous and exhausting journey it is. The Atria staff cried with us, brought us food and tried to help us as much as possible. They even came to the funeral and reception. They became part of our family. We love them all so much we plan to continue to visit and spend time with those in the memory wing who have no family. This is an exceptionally caring facility and I wouldn't hesitate to move a loved one here.

Avoid this place

When we toured everything here looked great, and seemed like it would work out fine on paper. This was not the case. They recently had a large staff turnover and the quality has declined rapidly. Out what must be a hundred employees I only met two that were helpful or caring at all. The care was neglectful, and we really didn't feel like our loved one was safe here. We moved him out after only a few months. I really wouldn't send my worst enemy here.

Kate Vance

Your review is quite concerning to us and we would like to connect with you to gain a better understanding of your experience. If you are willing, please contact us at [removed] including “Atria Carrollton” in your subject line.

Mom didn't care for this pl...

Mom didn't care for this place. she felt uncomfortable.

Hell on earth!

First of all let me just say that if your interested in moving your parents to this community, then let me be the first one to say that you can do A LOT better. I'm writing this for my grandma who was living here and we immediately got her out. The food was just awful, it made her sick at one point. The nurse on the AL side did not know what she was doing. I over heard her talk to the medication lady that the nurse "accidentally" gave a resident a wrong medication. Clearly that's not what a family member wants to hear when their walking pass the nurse station. I heard great reviews before the new management came in. This new management is complete rubbish! They kept saying that they are trying to get better but how long is it going to take? Are they going to keep making medication errors? If you love your mom or dad DO NOT TAKE THEM TO ATRIA CARROLLTON!

Kate Vance

Your comments regarding your grandmother’s experience are very concerning to us. We would like to speak with you personally to get a better understanding of the situation. Please contact us directly at [removed] and be sure to include “Atria Carrollton” in your subject line.

Director Didn't Know Anything

It was higher priced. The director knew nothing about anything. He was new but he hadn't even studied up so he'd always say "Well, I'd have to check on that" or "I don't know" or "talk to so-and-so about that." I was not impressed with that.

LaDawn K.

I appreciate you taking the time to review our community, and I apologize that our director was not able to answer all of your questions. I assure you that new staff members tend to learn very quickly and I invite you back for another visit with us so that we may demonstrate this in person. If you have any questions at all, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Everything was positive with exceptio...

Everything was positive with exceptions of: cost and size. I fear my Father would be a bit overwhelmed and frustrated by getting continually lost and unable to find Mom.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback on Atria Carrollton. While it sounds like you were pleased with our community in general, I would like to offer additional details about our building's layout, which is very easy to navigate once our residents are acclimated to their surroundings. The elevators are located in the middle of our community so the walk to either side of our community is a manageable distance. Our living room, dining room, and activity areas are all on the first floor. We know how confusing things can be at first, so we escort our new folks to and from their destination until they feel like they can manage on their own. Within the first week, most of our folks are well on their way to knowing the routes to all areas of our community. We also provide each resident with either a pendant or bracelet that they can push for assistance anytime they need help. We welcome your questions at any time. Just email us at [removed] and be sure to include the community name in your subject line. We also hope you will stop by for another visit with us in the near future.

Loved this spot, definatly in the run...

Loved this spot, definatly in the running; a wonderful place~

Meet with the director, she was great...

Meet with the director, she was great. Very impressed with dining facility and how they handle the residents. Staff on all levels were friendly, the longevity of staff is impressive as well. I think mother would get along great with them. Remodeling is being done on 1st floor. The assisted living section of facility is nice. Floors were in the corners were not as clean as the other facilities I've visited but that may be due to the new carpet/remodeling/moving they are doing. Hallway on first floor seemed congested or more narrow. Second floor was much nicer. one bedroom apartment was nice. The size of the closet is important to mother. As far as the Memory Care Unit for future needs, I was not as impressed. The smell throughout was not pleasant. It reminded me of an old nursing home smell. I don't know that I would move her to that wing when the times comes.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review of Atria Carrollton. I'm glad to hear that you liked our community and our staff, but I am concerned about the unpleasant smell you wrote about. Atria takes pride in offering communities that are clean and odor free at all times, communities that are inviting to guests and residents. I will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate staff to ensure that we maintain the high standards of excellence that our residents have come to expect. We hope that you will visit us again, and if you have any further feedback to share, we would love to hear from you. You can always contact us at [removed] (be sure to include the community name in your subject line).

including med management, showers, ac...

including med management, showers, across from hospital, amenities very nice