Avalon Memory Care - Carrollton - Carrollton, TX

Avalon Memory Care Carrollton TX

We are so blessed to have our loved one here. After a horrible experience with a skilled nursing facility Avalon's principals and approach to individualized needs for your loved one with dementia and dementia related diseases is of crucial importance. The first time you walk in you can feel the difference. The residents are clean, relaxed and comfortable. The Administration is professional, and honest. The staff is kind, caring and compassionate. I highly recommend Avalon Memory Care! This is truly a blessing!

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for leaving this review. I couldn't have said it better myself! Our smaller home-like environments with typically 18-22 residents is ideal for your loved one. This ,as well as our multi- year staff members, allows for the best quality of life for our residents as well as the families that we serve. Thank you so much for entrusting your loved one into our care. It means a lot.

Staff answered all of my questions

This review is based on first impressions from a personal tour. This community is set up as a large handsomely decorated spacious home-with open living areas and a chef in view fixing meals and snacks. I met with alot of the staff and everyone was friendly and showed a genuine concern for my husband's care. This community was taken out of consideration because I found an accommodating community closer to my home. I would recommend this community to other families.

Jon Seib

Thank you for leaving this review based upon touring our location in Carrollton. I hope that all is going well at the location that was closest to your home. #1 to me is quality care. #2 is proximity to either your home or your route of travel- if you can attain both of these that is wonderful. Please know that we are here for you ,as a family owned and operated company that has been caring for folk afflicted with a short term memory loss in a safe and secure environment, if you run into any difficulties at where you decided to place your loved one. Take Care.

They take good care of him!

My husband is doing much better at Avalon than at the place he was previously. He is eating better and the caregivers are very caring. They have lost their chef so their food is not as good as it was when he first moved in, but they are trying their best. No place is perfect. [Removed], the lady in charge of that building, is great. She treats the residents like gold. It has been a good experience.

Jon Seib

Thank you for the positive review. You are right. No place is perfect. As a family company providing dementia care for 22 years now, we understand this. We are dealing with an imperfect situation. What we do is strive ,via communication with the family and the doctors, nurses etc that come into our location, to provide the best quality of life imaginable to this population. Please let us know what we can do in the future to meet your husband as well as your needs. Take Care.

Peace and serenity

After a thorough search for good memory care in the area, my sister and I both knew Avalon was the place to be for our mom. The facility is clean and well kept. The care philosophy was not cookie cutter but was customized based on the residents' needs. The size was more like home with only a dozen or so residents. We wanted to avoid a "facility" of numbers where your loved one could easily get lost in the shuffle.

What amazed us even more over time (mom has now been there 1 and 1/2 years) is the gentle hearts and genuine care of the staff. Avalon has managed to attract the best and manage the culture. When we take mom out for holidays or other visits outside, she can't wait to go home (Avalon) and is happy when she is back.

Thanks to them, we are able to spend quality time with mom when we visit and sleep a good night sleep when we are away knowing that our mom and our best friend is in good hands. We are truly blessed to have found such a place and people who care!

Jon Seib

I love to respond to these reviews. When my father started Avalon back in 1995 it was to provide smaller home-like environments where we can really focus on the resident's needs and quality of life. Thank you for the accolades as relates to our staff. We believe we have assembled such a knowledgeable, caring and compassionate crew. We are blessed to take care of your loved one. Thank you.

Home like environment!

What I like the most about this community is that they are strictly Alzheimer and memory care. The staff has all been great. The place is kept clean and the meals provided from what I heard were appetizing. I also really like the open layout, it feels more like home. When my father has had to go to the hospital, one of the staff members always stays with him until a family member showed up to stay with him. So far, it's been a good choice.

Jon Seib

I appreciate your comments so that the reader gets a sense of what we do at Avalon in these smaller home environments. The fact is that hospital visits with this population tend to occur and if we do not send a staff member until a family member can get there a hospital often times has no choice but to chemically or, dependent upon the situation, physically restrain one of our dementia victims. We are here for your father as well as yourself and your family. Please let us know what more we could do to reach that 5 star status that we strive for day in and day out. Take Care.

Avalon Memory Care is a great facility!

The staff at Avalon Memory Care have been very pleasant. They are very friendly and have done a great job caring for our loved one. The community is well kept and nice. It is always clean and smells nice. They have a variety of activities available for the residents to participate in. Our loved one has enjoyed the meals served.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are so proud of our staff at this location( as well as our 25 other locations across the State of Texas). Our staff are hard working, caring and compassionate folk properly trained in the non-confrontational approach that allows our residents to have the best quality of life possible. This coupled with a smaller home like environment with a maximum of 20-24 residents in each home that are side by side with a 1:5/1:4 ratio allows our residents the utmost in care and the dignity and respect that they deserve.

Bringing Carrollton Up to Speed

My mother fell and hit her head after being in the Carrollton Avalon for about 10 days. She spent 2 1/2 days in the hospital. There has been quite a bit of staff turnover at this location, which I have been told is not typical for the Avalon Care Homes. They are working hard to correct deficiencies in training and procedures, but it will take some time to get things up to snuff. My opinion is that this is not the best time to place a loved one at the Carrollton location. Hopefully, things will be much improved in a few weeks.

Jon Seib

I am so sorry to hear that your mother had a fall at our location in Carrollton. They can happen so fast and without warning. My own mother two weeks ago had a fall power walking with one of her friends at the hospital and broke her hip. With our caregiver to resident ratio we prevent many falls on a daily basis but unfortunately cannot prevent them all. I agree that we have had some turnover that is not indicative of Avalon. We have made changes there that I know you are aware of that have addressed the issue. I feel that instantly the flavor of the home has changed and I believe that you would agree with this. I am not sure if this site allows for a follow-up or even if this answer goes directly to you but I can tell you this: We are a family company that has been taking care of those afflicted with Alzheimer's/ dementia for 21 years and when we see a problem we fix it. We are not perfect. We are dealing with an imperfect situation which is the reason that your loved one resides with us. I cannot begin to thank you enough for entrusting us with the care of your mother. Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any assistance.

fabulous property

This is a fabulous property. The people are fabulous as well. I'm very happy there.

Jon Seib

Now that is a lot of fabulous! Thank you for taking the time to leave this review so that others looking on line are aware of the quality of Avalon Memory Care from the location itself to the amazing multi-year staff members that we have. Thank you.

Excellent community & caring staff...

I toured many communities before Avalon. As soon as I arrived, I knew this was the right place for my dad. It is a beautiful place, caring staff and great rooms. Matt gave a detailed tour and introduced us to staff, residents and visitors, all of whom he knew by name. He was also available for the many follow-up questions We had after our tour. I have complete peace of mind knowing my dad is safe and in a place that truly cares for his well being and happiness. Our family highly recommends Avalon to anyone looking for this type of care.

Mrs. Walker,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. It is very much appreciated. If you ever need anything in the future please do not hesitate to give me a call. We are so excited to be in the Carrollton/ Willow Bend area and look forward to our second home-like environment on that same property opening up in a month or so. Take Care.

Offputting tour

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one, and our tour was not a good experience. The salesman that gave us the tour was rude and pushy, and gave me a very used-car-salesman vibe. He also was not very respectful towards the residents, he talked about them right in front of them, and told me not to worry because "They can't understand me anyway!"

Jon Seib

I apologize to the reader of this review for what seems to be an untimely response. The fact is that I have been trying my hardest to get what I believe to be a fake review taken off of this site to no avail. Anyone who has ever met Matt who does our tours in Carrollton and has been with Avalon for over 10 years knows that he is the most caring and compassionate person when it comes to talking with families as well as our residents and staff members for that matter. The alleged comments and quote written above would never have happened in a million years and it is personally offensive and slanderous to not only Matt but to this company as well to allow this review to stay on this site. We, at Avalon, are fine with criticism and reviews that are less than perfect but when it is clearly obvious that a review is false and is allowed to stay on a site that is when there is a serious problem. Anyway, I hope the reader reads the rest of our stellar reviews and discounts this one. Thank you.

1. New facility designed for 20 or so residents.
2. Spacious rooms with large easy-access bathrooms. The largest we've seen so far.
3. Relaxed atmosphere with emphasis on individual care.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your comments on our home-like environment off of Hebron and Marsh. You can build a gorgeous environment but it really is the 20 years of Avalon experience as well as our veteran care staff that really sets us apart. Feel free to communicate back if you are still in need of assistance.

Things have gone very well.

Things have gone very well. She is pleased with the care my dad is getting, and their compassion. They are being great stewards of his care. It's immaculate and well run. I really don't have any concerns or complaints.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your time leaving this positive review at our newest location in the D/FW Metroplex. I have always said that we can build a gorgeous home-like environment but it truly is the staff that make us special. Having provided dementia care now for 20 years and promoting from within our premier hands on staff members is the key to our success. I wish you, your family, and your father the very best during this journey.

...that is definitely where I want her to move.

I visited there several times, interviewing staff, looking for a place for my mother to move. She is not quite ready yet, but if the opportunity comes, that is definitely where I want her to move. There are a variety of room sizes, and one of the things they offered that others didn't, was a small closet for limited selection of clothing for her to dress herself, as well as additional storage for her other belongings. The food was catered to each individual resident. I don't have an opinion on activities because I wasn't there to view them.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your feedback. We would love the opportunity to care for your mother when the time is right. Let us know.

We are very glad we chose Avalon for ...

We are very glad we chose Avalon for the care of our parents. We appreciate their family atmosphere and attentiveness to my parents individual needs. Carrollton is a brand new facility and the level of activities available is increasing.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your review. We are very excited to be in the Carrollton/ Willow Bend area. These smaller environments are ideal for the population we serve.

Avalon offers personalized care and services with a loving, people-oriented staff in our elegantly furnished homes located in single family residential neighborhoods throughout the Metroplex. Our residents feel at home in the comfort and convenience of a caring and nurturing environment. We offer greater independence, privacy, choices, and individuality than any other modem of care, and we really do enhance an individual’s self-esteem and dignity. We often gain control over incontinence difficulties and a higher quality of life is achieved. We eliminate the need for traditional institutional nursing home care. Our homes are designed to help residents live full, enriched, and comfortable lives with the assistance of our trained staff 24 hours a day.