Prestonwood Court - Plano, TX

My mother liked this place alot, but thought it was too expensive. She liked the apartments but prefers to have a tub. She liked the heated pool and therapy tub. She loved the list of activities, thought they stood apart from other places.

We loved Prestonwood Court! [Removed] was so nice and like my daughter said, it was like entering into a big hug! [Removed] also dropped off a beautiful basket with items for both of my parents and me. Just so thoughtful. They are definitely on our short list!

Stands out from the rest!

My loved one is adjusting quite well to living in this facility! The place is just immaculate, the staff are great and my loved one enjoys the menu! My loved one even got the chance to go with other residents on an outing to an Italian restaurant. We also liked the fact that the re are three geriatric doctors on staff, which many other facilities did not have. Overall, I am very satisfied!

Based on this communities proximity to use, we choose them for that reason. My mom has been since moving into the place and I get updates about how she is doing from the staff. They are understanding her needs for care. She says good things about the meals she eats and the activities she does.

Very unhappy with memory care wld not put my mother here

The rooms were nice and well laid out. The pool was good. People all seemed happy and friendly. The common arias felt a bit small.I would go back to look again. Jane. thank you so much for the book, Hamilton. I was so surprised that you remembered that I wanted to read that book. You are very dear. Thanks again. Linda

We looked here, and it was nice.

We looked here, and it was nice. It was a little more rigid than what we were hoping for with specific mealtimes, and such. We chose something a little more laid back. Seemed to be nice though.

1. Nicest layout we've visited to date, as well as, nicely appointed. Wide hallways and tall ceilings.
2. Caring professional staff.
3. Mid-range pricing.

Review of Prestonwood Court Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Plano, TX

I really like the layout of this facility. Residents with some dementia would not have much trouble navigating the hallways. There were some nice outdoor areas, but a little less than I had hoped. Nice indoor workout facility and pool with staff to assist residents.

The staff is excellent

The staff is excellent, I have been impressed by how friendly and attentive they are. They keep it very clean, and the food seems to be good. The only thing I wish they had more of is activities in the evening. They have started working on that already. We liked the cheerful atmosphere, the wide hallways, the decor is light and airy and cheerful. We liked the level of functioning of the rest of the residents. There seemed to be a big difference between this and others, in that respect. That makes it really good for someone who may have some physical health issues, but is really sharp mentally.

Prestonwood Court

Overall we have had a good experience. The monthly rent appears to be a little higher than some others, but that is out weighed by the convenience factor for the family.
The staff is very friendly and generally very willing to help.
It is nice to feel that Mom is in a safe environment and ever watchful eyes looking out for her when we are not around.
A good experience so far.

Wonderful

It’s expensive, but it’s a wonderful. I’m very happy with it. The activities are wonderful. I just think its an exceptional community. It’s not too big. They get a lot of service. Like I said, I think it’s expensive, but it’s very labor intensive.

No Memory Care Availability

This was a GREAT facility. The memory care portion was well lit with lots of windows and a large interior courtyard. All the rooms were private rooms (23 total) and there were only two levels of care to consider when calculating the total possible price. Of the two times I visited, there were REALLY good entertainers on site and it looked as if almost all the memory care patients were participating along with the assisted living residents. The only drawback was the price (which seemed higher than others I looked at) and the fact that there was no availability.

Krista was so nice to work with in th...

Krista was so nice to work with in the transition of my mother-in-law. They offer a lot of activities for their residents. The food is well prepared and there is a good selection to choose from. A lot of on-site options for residents. Very pleased with Prestonwood Court.

Stopped by, marketing perso...

Stopped by, marketing person had left for the day. Just walked around first floor alone. Beautiful building with exercise facility, but huge building. Aids/nurses had thick accents...

Nice Pool!

It seemed really nice - especially the pool - but it was a little more expensive than what we could afford and some other places that we saw.

Really liked Prestonwood Court.

Really liked Prestonwood Court.

WOW! It doesn't get much better than ...

WOW! It doesn't get much better than this but you pay for it. Full gym and pool with FT Fitness Director. Med administering included in base price. Full service Salon T-F.

In my second group. Will hold in res...

In my second group. Will hold in reserve

Beautiful! This is where I want my ki...

Beautiful! This is where I want my kids to put me! Meet with the Director. Loved the indoor pool, workout area, Masseuse, dining area. Apartments are very nice. Mother will like the walk-in closet in the one bedroom. Impressed with the caregiver/nurses stations on each floor. I think this is a perfect place, however, mother mostly like would not like it because she would feel that the other residents are better than her. Because of this, she would probably not socialize and stay in her room. I personally really like this one but don't know that it's a good fit.

Prestonwood Court is very proud to call Plano, Texas our hometown.

Combining the warmth of home with the amenities of a fine hotel, life at Prestonwood Court offers a world of possibilities. Socialize with friends in lovely, light-filled living rooms and lounges, find favorite books in our well-stocked library, relax in the charming Bistro area, take a water fitness class followed by a massage in the Premier Club or stroll through our beautifully landscaped courtyards. Residents savor delicious meals in warm, inviting dining areas. The combination of quality activities and services at Prestonwood Court Assisted Living revitalizes mind, body and spirit.

Prestonwood Court offers an innovative Memory Care program in a comforting residential setting. Our goal is to empower each Resident to function at his or her highest potential. We partner with families, including ongoing family education and support groups. Our dedicated staff knows each Resident’s “life story,” along with their individual preferences and interests, building a relationship of trust and caring.

Our person-centered model of care emphasizes meaningful interactions between Residents and caregivers, individual choices and varied activity schedules. Fitness classes, musical entertainment, art classes, community trips and leisure activities engage Residents, building on their abilities and strengths. Our wide range of activities and home-style setting enhances each Resident’s life experiences at Prestonwood Court on a daily basis.