Village Gate of Farmington - Farmington, CT

Nestled within beautiful, scenic grounds just outside of Hartford, you’ll love the elegance of our facilities while enjoying the convenience of the nearby town. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and many wonderful regional attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind

Pleased With My Mother Move To This Community

Everything is working out well for my mother with her move to this community. I do feel comfortable with her move to this facility. When I go to visit the community is nice, and clean. The staff is kind, and have been helpful when needed. She is doing really well, and this is community I would recommend.

My mother has lived there for four years and the place is in a downhill slide. If the food doesn't improve, someone may [Removed] of malnutrition.
The staff should have revolving doors on their offices. The turnover is constant.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, We are very sorry to receive this feedback. We appreciate you sharing it with us, of course, as comments such as yours only helps us to identify and highlight areas needing a bit extra help and attention. My name is Katie, and I work for Holiday. I'd love the opportunity to connect with you and learn more about your mother's experience living with us, as well as your perspective as a family member. We can be reached by phone at [removed] or email anytime at [removed]. We look forward to hearing from and working with you to address these and any other concerns you may have. Thank you so much!

Gone Down Hill

My mother lived at this community for 9 years. Recently they have changed management, and everything has gone down hill from there. They do not care about the appearance of the community. The chef left, and the meals are now horrible. I had to move my mother out of this community. I would not recommend this community to anybody.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, thank you so much for reaching out and sharing this honest piece of feedback with us. My name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I wanted to write a quick note of appreciation thanking you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We'd really love the chance to connect with you and speak more about the concerns you raise in your review, which we take very seriously. Please, give our Resident Relations team a call at [removed], or write us anytime at [removed] so we can dicuss and learn more about your experience in greater detail. We look forward to hearing from you, and wish you the best of luck in your search for senior housing. Thank you so much -Katie

TLC

We toured this community for care.The community seemed nice. The staff was nice. We did like the activities that would have been offered. Families should tour this community for care for a loved one. This was not what we wanted, at the time.

She is happy!

The Village Gate of Farmington has been a good fit for my loved one. The meals there are provided to the residents and we have had a change to eat with her many times, the food is nutritious and in good portions. The place overall is kept clean and the staff is very friendly. Her apartment is very nice and a good size for her.

Helpful and Happy!

We did like the staff here and they were very helpful. They gave a great tour and did a good job of explaining things to us. This was more of an independent living and we needed a assisted living. There were a lot of residents out and doing things.

Very Happy With This Community

So far everything is working great for my father here, I haven't had any problems. They are caring for him and his needs very well. The food is great, I've tried a couple of meals. The staff is wonderful, everybody has been very helpful and accommodating. They do a very good job with the cleanliness of the community. I know he is safe and in good hands. I would recommend this community.

Things have been going good so far.

Things have been going good so far. I haven't heard any complaints. It looks nice and the staff is friendly. It's working out well enough.

Room 143

Very friendly atmosphere. Move in day went smoothly. Bathroom was not the cleanest, but was taken care of immediately. A couple corners high corners in the room had cob/dust webs. Dad brought his own sheets. They were not there when he moved in and we wanted to get room set. It was the weekend. Still, he's been there just a week and i'n sure it will all straighten out.

We don't have any major complaints so far.

It's been fine. We don't have any major complaints so far. I would give them a four out of five. I can't really think of anything that stands out about them.

Nice place, but maybe a bit too large for us

We toured this community when while looking into care options for a loved one. This is our second choice of the communities we visited, but the fact that it was only independent living was a concern. The other concern is that the community was on the large side, and the length of the walk could change depending on which unit she was put in.

Not a good fit

Things did not work out for our loved one at Village Gate. They did not offer the level of care our loved one needed, and she just did not seem happy here.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, i work at Holiday Retirement's home office. I'm very sorry your loved one had a negative experience at Village Gate. If you have any specific complaints or concerns, please feel free to call our Resident Relations department here at home office at [removed].

outstanding

They were just great at helping mom move in, even letting us start setting things up a little early. They have always been very helpful, great at answering questions and handling any issues that come up. They have been great to work with, and the management team they have there is just outstanding.

very good

They are very accommodating. The food is good, and everything about the place is a very good experience.

I can't think of much they can do to improve. One area might be to have someone act as an ambassador of sorts to help the new residents that are otherwise hesitant to get out and get involved with the others to do so.

Friendly and compassionate staff

They're doing a great job at Village Gate of Farmington! It's a clean, well kept, nice looking community, and they take great care of their residents. If I could rate the staff higher than 5 I would, they are very friendly, compassionate, and professional. I have nothing negative to say about Village Gate, they are top notch across the board!

This place is amazing!

I went on a tour on Friday to the Village Gate of Farmington and this place was absolutely amazing. The staff is wonderful, the cafeteria looks like it could be part of a banquet hall, it's just beautiful. If I was old enough, I would move in myself!

A Ten!

The staff is definitely a ten. They’re a very friendly and professional group of people. Everything is great! I don’t have any complaints. We were there for Father’s day and the food was excellent. The kitchen has recently been worked on. So for a while they were getting finger foods, but now they’re getting real home cooked meals again.

Everything is perfect!

Everything is perfect! We are very happy with them. The food is delicious. I don't really have any concerns or issues. They are clean and friendly. No complaints here.

Lovely House and Staff

It looks like an old house in front. It seemed like a great place but too much of a drive for us. We just adored the woman who was in charge. She was lovely. Now we're kind of sorry we didn't choose this one.

Very friendly marketing sta...

Very friendly marketing staff. Hallways a bit run down; cleaning chemicals reminded us of some of the not-so-plush apartments we've lived in. Activities generally not the kind we are looking for.

Great Tour and very informa...

Great Tour and very informative.

Very pleased!

A Place For Mom really, really helped me, I was surprised by their informative and quick response. We needed a quick turnaround and they assisted with that, very pleased. My loved one thinks the food here is great. Everything looks clean so I think the housekeeping is okay, too. They do a lot of stuff at Village Gate and always invite the residents to participate. They are an independent living facility that I would recommend to others no question.

Tour guide was great! I enjoyed the ...

Tour guide was great! I enjoyed the tour and the facility. This was our #1. He showed me several apts, provided me with a lot of information on VA benefits and the Independent Living lifestyle. They were willing to go the extra mile to create wheelchair access throughout any apt (shower, remove cabinets underneath sinks, extra bars, etc.).

2nd nicest rooms. OK campus. Will not...

2nd nicest rooms. OK campus. Will not rule out.