The Residence at Brookside - Avon, CT

I liked it here. The size of the apartments was impressive, it's a newer facility so it looks really good, the staff was friendly and seemed to have great relationships with the residents. They offer a lot of activities.

Tour and Care for family

I was happy with the tour of this community because they have staff that was caring and willing to answer the questions that we had. We liked the cleanliness of the environment. We liked the menu and the activities that we were shown. We wanted something closer. I would over all recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Things could not be better

The entire staff are friendly and very accommodating. The community is very clean and the offer daily activities. They accommodate her dietary needs and the food she has is good. This is a cheerful place and I would recommend it.

My tour

This is a clean nice community. The people we met during our tour were nice. They offer daily activities including different types of exercise classes.

My Father move in recently and he has expressed how happy he is. The staff, residents welcomed him with open arms. I feel good knowing he is happy and safe.

Ted Doyle

Dear Mary, We wanted to thank you very much for the kind words in your review. Hope you and your father have a great 2017!

The best place for my loved one!

The staff here really makes me at ease. They are tremendously helpful and caring to me and my loved one. My loved one is transitioning very well. The people always keep me informed about anything or any progression that my loved one has made. They also offer a lot of activities. The food is good, but if there is a meal that my loved one does not like the chef will make what my loved one wants.

The Residence at Brookside located in Avon, Connecticut, home of the scenic Farmington river, is a senior housing community for Independent Living, Assisted Living and Reflections Memory Care. Built and operated by one of New England’s most-experienced senior housing companies, Brookside offers modern convenience, classic Connecticut style, and the finest care.
Our residents enjoy a restaurant-style culinary experience called “Anytime Dining. This approach allows residents to dine on their schedule, enjoy any meal on our specialized menu, anytime, all day long. Our beautiful common areas include a bistro, card room, library, media room, multiple living rooms, and onsite fitness facilities. We provide complimentary transportation and a vibrant engagement calendar. Experience true relaxation and care at Ashland’s finest senior community!
Our Reflections Memory Care neighborhood is renowned for its non-pharmacological approach, and benefits from our partnership with Harvard Medical School, Mclean Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Experience true relaxation and care at Avon’s finest senior community!
Servicing surrounding towns of Farmington, West Hartford, Newington, New Britain, Bloomfield, and Simsbury.