Village at Proprietors Green - Marshfield, MA

Very poor communication and care

Disappointed with the care of our loved one. They do not “ assist” in just about everything your family member might need unless you pay additional fees. If you decide to put your loved one here, please make sure you check on their services are actually being done. A pro- active family is a must.

Love One Enjoying Her Time Here

My sister in law is enjoying her time in this community. It is a great facility with kind people. All her needs are being met, and she has even made some new friends. I know she is safe, and in good hands. They have good staff, and they have been friendly, and kind. One of our concerns have been that when she needs supplies. It takes them a long time to order it. Also we were told they provided transportation, but when she needs it they are reluctant to provide it. Other than those issues, everything is working out pretty well for her since her move to this community.

Disappointed

I have a family member in the Assisted living here currently and the experience has been a very disappointing and frustrating one. While the aides and nurses themselves are kind to residents, we have been frustrated with the lack of communication with family when it comes to billing for services. Charges show up on the bill that we did not authorize. I'm told services occur that my family member said do not always happen. My family member has been unhappy with the food and is less active socially since we moved him to Proprietor's Green than he was at a previous facility. I love the location, but I have lost faith and trust in them overall.

I visited this place with my parents, who were looking for Independent/ assisted living. This was a beautiful facility, everyone was really nice and welcoming. The residents we spoke to were very happy there. The independent living apartments were upscale and spacious.

Let's get up and be active!

It has been a little bumpy at first, but it has all been worked out. The staff is wonderful and does a great job with my uncle. Also he loves to go to the dining area because him and his friends get to talk. The food is good as well. I like that they have so many activities that the residents don't have time to not be active.

I would recommend this community!!

My parents love living at Village at Proprietors Green. Everybody greets them by name and they are very welcoming. They love the food. They have non stop and a lot of variety of activities. The cleanliness of the community is impeccable.

Wonderful!!! My parents moved in to Village at Proprietors Green 3 weeks ago. They love it!
The entire staff has been so welcoming and so helpful.
It has been a wonderful experience for my entire Family.

Very pleased

I think they do a wonderful job overall at Village at Proprietors Green! The staff here is wonderful, they do an incredible job! Everyone is very friendly, caring, and professional. They just really provide a high level of service here, and we're very satisfied with the whole experience!

Not what it seems

Village at Proprietors Green will accept anyone regardless of what they can and cannot do for themselves. It is all about the money and they will accept [removed] residents who may have dementia into an independent living apartment and soon move them to assisted living. They have residents that cannot walk independently and communication between management and staff is non-existent. It is not the place for anyone who is looking for senior living.

Better out there

Lovely looking from the outside, and at initial entering everything appears great! Beware of lots of miscommunication and unfriendly staff. Seniors are people too and should not be brushed off as if they won't remember the next day. There are a handful of staff that are truly amazing. When looking at different facilitys ,Bigger isn't always better, so please talk to the nurses and the aids because ultimately they are the ones who will be caring for your elder. Fancy isn't always better! If you ask most of the seniors they will tell you that.

New and modern

The building was a little dated. We just looked around a little bit and it seemed overwhelming. This is a good community for a younger person. It’s a very big property. The hallways, everything seemed brand new and just big.

They are extremely professional.

They are extremely professional. It's a beautiful facility and the apartments are big. There is a grocery store right up the street that offers free delivery. The staff is very wonderful. Communication is very good. They have emailed what steps they were taking when there was a big storm coming, it put me at ease knowing they are in such good care. Maintenance could be a little quicker to respond, it might be a communication thing. The food looks and smells wonderful. I would give the food a five. The shuttle van and the driver is wonderful but, it is a little limited for social things like church and grocery shopping. It's a little structured, certain days for doctor appointments, and group activities, that kind of thing.

Did not have a good experience

The community itself was lovely, very clean, and brand new. We had them assess my loved one for assisted living care, and they took her in. Soon afterwards they said she needed memory care, and I was not impressed at all with their memory care facilities. It was quite expensive having to move her between communities like this so soon, and I was not happy that they so quickly switched her after assessing her to be acceptable for assisted living.

Very nice, but too big for us

Everything looked good during our tour, it was clean and nice looking, and the staff were friendly. It was a larger community than what we were wanting for my mother-in-law, we felt like she would do much better at a smaller, less busy community. This location was also not as conveniently located for our family.

good location, nice option!

good location, nice option!

THIS IS VERY NICE CLOSE TO BEACHES

THIS IS VERY NICE CLOSE TO BEACHES

South Shore’s new premier senior rental community with a continuum of care.
Independent living offers spacious one and two-bedroom apartment homes with attractive dining options, fitness program, library, theatre and much more. The neighboring Allerton House provides exceptional Assisted Living and Memory Care programs with personal services tailored to individual needs.