Greenville Place - Greenville, SC

Please think long and hard before leaving a loved one here.

My mother was there for 1 1/2 years. There are some people there who do care about the residents, but they cannot compensate for the cold and unconcerned attitude from upper management and the corporate owners. They demand a high profit margin and keep cutting back on costs to the point that the food is often inedible and activities almost nonexistent.

As one other post mentioned, a lot of employees have either quit or have been fired recently and MANY residents have moved out. I hope that when they replace the management it will be with warm and caring people who can turn the place around. But having appealed to people in their corporate office and their regional directors I am not overly optimistic as they didn’t want to hear what I had to say and just didn’t seem to care.

Keep moving do not bother to stop here

My wife's mom has been there for almost a year and that year has been the worst nightmare we all have ever experienced. The management is totally unfriendly and unaccountable. They appear to have no interest in the people there. As for the hourly workers, what can you expect for $9 hr workers with no teaching available.
One of the people there started a Family Group to try and focus management on the concerns people and families felt. You would have thought that person had tried to screw them over. But they do that to themselves already, they were trying to help.
Right now people are leaving in droves as I heard they will not let family members sit down to eat with their family member and other friends at their table.
Go somewhere else, until management wakes up and does what they are say they are doing.

[Removed] was fantastic and clearly has a deep understanding and appreciation for the needs of the residents at Greenville Place. Very nice facility and programs. Not sure it is the place for my Mother, but has much to offer for those seeking Assisted Living.

Staff are very helpful

There have been a few glitches here since my husband has moved in and the staff has been very helpful in helping me take care of them. My husband's private room in the assisted living area is very nice there is a small courtyard just outsie his door where we can go and sit to visit. There are a lot of amenities for the residents here who want to take part in them. My husband is still in the adjustment phase and we are taking things as they come.

Not the Right Place

Assisted Living is not what my husband needed, he is going to a skilled nursing community. They were there when I needed a place for him. I have stayed over at the community for a few hours and it was a clean community. At times the staff did not come in right away when we used the push call button but they did try the best they could.

Pleasant Tour Of This Community

This a pretty nice community, and our tour of it went well. We toured it for my grandmother, and her needs. The experience went well. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The community was well-kept from what we saw. The staff we met was polite, and helpful. We did find another community that met our needs better, but we a pleasant tour of this community.

Good value but not worth it

Turn overs in staff seemed to be constant and that concerned me. There seemed to be a lack of attentiveness to patients needs because the staff was so busy. My family member was not receiving basic personal hygiene care that was expected. Sign in procedures were lax. Contacting staff via phone proved to be very difficult so I made trips to the facility to get answers to easy questions that a phone conversation would have cleared up. The facility has good points to be sure and price is one, however I found the negatives cancelled the positives. The food was okay but if a patient didn't eat the staff were too busy to do much about it.

Great stay, but strange food options...

We have all been very pleased with my loved one's stay at Greenville Place. The facility is very clean and well maintained, and the staff are sure to take care of my loved one's needs. If anything, we are not very impressed with the food. They offer my loved one strange food options at times.

A place to call home.

This is an excellent community with the excellent staff that is caring and attentive to her needs. The community is clean and I like knowing that she is happy here. The menu is very appealing to her. The caregivers are always friendly. I like knowing that she is participating with the other residents. They are always getting her to get involved with the activities. We would recommend this community for excellent care and value

Memory Care building has great resident rooms, activities and staff very friendly and caring. Like that they have their own chef on-site and price inclusive. Having to furnish room actually makes it easier for resident. We feel very confident that our loved one will be in great hands as he adjusts to his "new" family members.

Good Experience

I had a pleasant tour of this community. Everything went well. The community looked great, and very well maintained. Everyone was friendly, and nice. The staff was informative, and answered my questions. The experience went well.

Very happy at Greenville Place

We've been very happy with Greenville Place! My mother is vegetarian and getting adequate protein can be difficult, but Greenville Place has gone above and beyond to offer options for her. They've been very responsive to our requests, needs, or questions. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good place for their loved one!

Get What You Pay For

They did an assessment on my father before having them move in but then the Director acted totally surprised at where he was with his dementia when my parents moved into assisted living. The caregivers primarily sit around an chat amongst themselves. The activities that are on the calendar may or may not actually take place. The caregivers barge into the rooms without knocking and asking to come in. Although my Mom is of solid mind, the staff rarely took into consideration her needs for my father and treated her as if she was not there. The food service was below average. They moved out about 6 weeks after arriving here. If you want one of the cheaper facilities, as this place is, by all means stay here, but you will get what you pay for.

Good so far...

It has been a good experience at the Greenville so far. When we first moved my father in law in, I wish they would have introduced us to the care team, we would have felt more comfortable that way. Also, they're now making everyone go on automatic payments which is a problem because the amount each month fluctuates.

So far, everything is going well at the Greenville Place. The staff is all very friendly and the meals and activities are good as well. When we toured, we liked the fact that this place was closer to out home and it for my father's needs the best.

A great tour!

During my tour of the Greenville Place, I noticed that the place is very clean and well maintained. Everyone that I came into contact with there was quite friendly. I do not remember anything negative about the place, the reason we ended up choosing another community was because we started to look out of state.

Good Community, My Tour Went Well

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. It was a good tour, everything went. The community looked nice, and well-kept. The staff was friendly. This community has it pluses, and minuses. It was a nice experience, and everyone was very kind.

Great Experience Every Time

The staff at Greenville Place are among the friendliest I have seen! No matter what department they work in, there are smiling faces and an eagerness to help. They truly encourage a family-like atmosphere and respond well to resident's needs. The dining services does a great job as I have sampled the food a couple of times. I am a healthcare professional and would recommend this community to my family.

I would not recommend!!

Things did not go well, after just 4 weeks we moved my parents out of this place! For the price, the service is very slow. My mother was treated like a patient, she was told what to do. They do a good job of selling the place, but it is not like they make it seem. For activities, they said they had coloring, and all they did was take out a few colors and pages from a coloring book on a table. Everyone walked away and there was no encouragement to join.

Looking For Something Smaller

This was a very nice community and I liked it a lot. It was fine to tour and they were redoing some things around the community. This is some place I would recommend to look into. The person I met with was a good girl at giving me feedback. They had activities and the people were real good. I was impressed but looking for a more personal atmosphere.

I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH TOUR. EVERYTHING WAS CLEAN AND WELL KEPT AND THE STAFF WAS ALL SO VERY NICE. IT SHOWED THEY CARE FOR THEIR RESIDENTS.

Nice Place

Wonderful place, we are very pleased. The community looks great, everything is going well. The staff is kind and helpful. There are nice activities offered. This is a lovely place and I would recommend it.

My mother stayed here for Respite Care. She was perfectly happy and talked about it for days.

Bright Loving Home Away from Home

My mom has just been there for a little while but I must say it is a wonderful change from where she was. The whole building is bright, cheery, and friendly. The new Activities Director is as cute and chipper as can be. Very happy with the care at Greenville Place Memory Care.

The staff are kind and the building is very clean and smells nice. The food seems to be very good. I would like to see more activities and some outings. The physician services are inconsistent at this time, but they are working to improve.

Greenville Place

We just moved my Dad in last week and Greenville Place has been a breath of fresh air. Everyone has been so supportive and Friendly. Very Happy with our choice.

friendly staff

I am really happy with their services. Every person there is nice and they are really courteous.

Very impressed with the level of professionalism from the staff. Spoke to several residents who seemed very happy to live at Greenville Place. I would highly recommend this assisted living facility.

Striving To Improve

They are striving to make improvements. They are very open to feedback, so they can make those improvements. Some of the things I think could be improved are the housekeeping services. Staffing is another concern, because I think they are understaffed.

So Happy To See The Positive Changes

I have been very pleased at the changes at Greenville Place. I looked at many of the places in Greenville for my mom and chose Greenville Place based on how close it is to my house. At first I was unsure but the former leadership is no longer there and the new team is friendly, approachable and knowledgable. I have been happy to see the changes as they have developed over the past few months. My mom has been very happy and enjoys socializing with her friends at meals and activities. I am glad I chose Greenville Place.

Great place

I am very pleased to see the changes that the new administration has made over the past couple of months. I have searched numerous assisted living communities and find that Greenville Place is the best fit for my mom and dad. You can not buy the compassion and care that Greenville Place has.

Surprisingly different

New staff is really starting to make a difference! It's a small community, so little changes are noticed immediately. I'm pleased to see a change for the better with care, and excited about the renovations I heard they have planned over the next year. I read some of the old reviews, and I was surprised at the remarks on previous staff. That was before my time though. The residents are so friendly and really get involved in activities. So glad to know that all the previous complaints are being addressed and resolved now.

I think my sister would like to be checked on more often. Other than that everything is good.

Beware of Greenville Place!!! TERRIBLE EMPLOYEES!

Do NOT place your loved one in this facility. We have to send family members to Greenville Place on a WEEKLY basis just to ensure that my grandmother is getting her meals (that she PAYS for) and her proper medications. The employees are completely unqualified to care for the elderly, nor do they care about the residents. When visiting my grandmother I have - on NUMEROUS occasions - witnessed residents' call lights going off for 30 minutes or more while the staff members sit around and chat with each other or talk on their cell phones or smoke cigarettes on their "delightful wraparound porches". Do not let the pictures of this place fool you into believing this is a good place for your family member. The director of this facility is extremely lazy and is unwilling to address complaints. The rooms are small & dirty and seem to go for weeks without being cleaned. All we wanted was a good, safe place with caring employees where my grandmother could enjoy her final years. This place has caused us nothing but stress and headaches and it's doors should probably be closed for good. PLEASE do not send anyone you care about to live at Greenville Place. There are much better options in the area. The staff is absolutely HORRIBLE AND UNQUALIFIED.

Employees should have through backgro...

Employees should have through background checks before hiring. We were victims of theft and Capital Senior Living (which owns Greenvillle Place) made excuses with no resolve, compassion, or help. Would never recommend this facility.

The community was very nice.

The community was very nice. The room was tiny and dark, all you could get was a twin mattress and tiny dresser. We had more furniture than that, it just wasn't going to work.

I think I would prefer that they woul...

I think I would prefer that they would be cleaning her room more-particularly the bathroom- more than once a week. I think it needs at least 2 or 3 times a week, but that's just my preference. Other than that, I think it seems to be very clean, they're very nice. The care is actually something I need to address. My understanding is we're paying for extra care for drugs and showering and helping her get dressed, but if I can believe with my mother in law is saying, she doesn't want them to help her shower and she gets dressed on her own so I don't know if were paying for it if she does it on her own. She's still struggling with even being there, it isn't the palce, she wouldn't be happy anywhere she goes. I know they've encouraged her to go down to activities, the thing is, she's telling us she isn't doing them but my husband's snuck down there and saw here socializing as much as she can because her mental capacity isn't there. Another great thing is they have a memory care place there, so there is a possibility down the road that she'll need to move down to that so it's nice that it's there if she does need it.

Toured May 13th doesn't allow pets, a...

Toured May 13th doesn't allow pets, all one level, spoke with the director.

The director was great!

The director was great!

This is my first pick. Loved this fa...

This is my first pick. Loved this facility and think that I and staff will work well together for moms are, price was manageable!

30 residences in Memory Care, 50 resi...

30 residences in Memory Care, 50 residences in reg. assisted living. Nice outdoor courtyard, shared bathroom in Memory Care was rather dirty. No baths, only showers.

I loved the memory care!! No suites i...

I loved the memory care!! No suites in Assisted. Older crowd. Quiet. Clean. Bright. Easy to get around. Memory care on site. Nurse & Dr. on site.

Live the high life in Greenville Place, where thoughtfully designed floor plans and myriad recreational and social opportunities await. Residents will feel the Southern charm of our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Greenville, South Carolina, with wrap-around porches and plenty of southern-style rockers providing the utmost in relaxation. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living – freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning in surroundings that are kind and gracious – with the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. Our multitude of ongoing programs, including baking and walking clubs and holiday-themed events, keep residents physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulated. Our friendly and professional staff members are available 24 hours a day and offer support services including housekeeping and laundry, medication reminders and special nutritional counseling.