Greenville Glen - Greenville, SC

Great Care!

My mother was a resident of Greenville Glen for several months. My family and I, including my mother, found the staff to be friendly, helpful, and kind. One of the selling points for us was the size of the facility and the staff to resident ratio. From what I saw each staff member knew each and every resident. The entire facility was clean and well maintained, the rooms were spacious, and the costs were reasonable. My mother enjoyed many of the daily activities and outings. The director, was always available when we wanted to talk to her and she was definitely very involved with the residents. Everyone was very accommodating, especially when Hospice became a part of my mom's care plan. I can not thank them enough for the care they provided my mother.

An ok community

The people we met at this community were really nice. The community did seem clean and they do allow pets. This community is a little less expensive than the community we chose, however I did not think it was the right place for my loved one.

My husband and I were highly impressed with the atmosphere, services and staff at this facility. [Removed] is very down to earth, knowledgeable and helpful. The residents seem content and comfortable. There are so many superlatives I have regarding this facility, but one thing I would like to highlight is the way [Removed] and [Removed] embrace accountability for the residents. They will actually accompany the residents to doctors appointments, not simply drop them off and pick them up. I am sure, without reservation, that this is a good fit for my mother.

Pleasant Tour

I had a good tour of this community. It has its pluses and minus, but it is a nice community. The community looked well-kept, from what I saw everything looked clean. The staff I met was courteous. It was a good experience, but this wasn't the place for us.

A really great, caring place!!

Would not hesitate to recommend this facility to anyone in need of this level of care. Executive Director, Reatha Connelly is a great example of how great management filters down and results in excellent care for each resident. She has a "can do" attitude" and is readily available to her residents and their families. Tara Weiss, Activities Director, takes a personal interest in every resident at Greenville Glen; she strives to get to know each resident's likes and dislikes; she is enthusiastic and very caring.

I really liked the location.

I really liked the location. It was in the most beautiful pastoral setting, but when you walked into it you got the feeling of a nursing home. It was supposed to be independent living, but it smelled like a nursing home and had a feel of … just not as cheerful and healthy as I wanted.

Larger rooms, had a bit of a smell

This was just really further out than we wantedd to travel. I had a pretty good impression of it and the other thing we liked was that it seemed like the rooms were much larger than the other ones we looked at. I wrote down that it had a smell to it and the location wasn't the best for most of us.

The senior community of Greenville Glen provides a full menu of care options for seniors in South Carolina. Our living options include assisted living, memory care and respite care. All of our care options include top-notch care from our highly-trained staff, medication assistance, chef-prepared meals, and access to a constantly changing schedule of fun activities, events, and outings.