Rundown. Scarce staff. I wouldn’t feel good leaving my Dad there.

Warm, friendly atmosphere

Two relatives have lived there for a length of time (at different times). They were both happy there. One played the piano for residents. The main building is an older home, kept up well. Residents can feel like it's their living room and dining room. As a visitor I'm not privy to details of everyday care, but often we see several workers tending to folks. We enjoy the parties they have several times a year where loved ones enjoy fellowship and a lovely meal together with other residents' families. I believe they have several activities during the week and one on Sunday.

Not the right fit

The staff was friendly at the Villa La Mesa. It is an older, smaller community. We were looking for something newer and had more activities for our loved one.

Good impression.

I toured this community when looking for a friend. Everyone was friendly and the atmosphere was nice. I would recommend them.

no one there too conduct tour. One of the cooks called the owner and was directed to show me one of the rooms. she left after taking me to the room. I was given a phone # to call the owner on my way out.

Overall Impressions

The facility is old, but seems to be fairly well maintained. It appears that they take care in keeping it clean. The staff is friendly and seems to be interested in the patients welfare. Costs were on the low side of those facilities we evaluated. Unfortunately, my brother passed shortly after moving in to the facility.

Dirty and Run Down

It was so dirty. Really run down. I would not put anybody in a place like that. It was not a good first impression at all. They had very few activities, if any, for the folks to participate in. There was no menu selection, just one option for meals and that's it. The person that we spoke with was a very nice young man but he just did not have a good product. I would not put my mother there.

This facility had the best price - $2...

This facility had the best price - $2,500 - which stayed within our budget. Staff was friendly but didn't seem as professional

Liked

Liked

Our speciality is providing quality care at resonable rates. Villa La Mesa offers modest, homelike accommodations nestled in a very quiet residential area of "Old" La Mesa. With a total licensed capacity of twenty-nine (29) residents, Villa La Mesa is small enough to offers a warm, homelike atmosphere where you know everyone's name and you never get lost in the crowd, yet large enough to offer residential and assisted living units, planned activities, indoor and outdoor recreational areas and a caring staff that is awake and on duty 24 hours per day.