Vick Street Manor - Port Charlotte, FL

Community that embraces individuality

I heard a lot of bad reviews about Vick Street Manor. This is my mother's fourth assisted living facility. In the past, communities would make her go to bed at 8, get up at 7, she was expected to sit in front of a TV.If she lashed out they would medicate her and she would have reactions to the medication. Vick Street is completely different, it's a locked unit and she is allowed to walk up and down the halls all day. She is allowed to help the staff with simple tasks like putting out chairs for the dining room. My mother was always a helpful person and they give her the freedom to be herself.

Not the Right Community

We came and saw the community during lunch time. I did not see any one talking with each other during lunch. Compared to an independent facility this was much more. This was not the place for us because that is not what we wanted to pay.

Over the top!!

My friend was only in this community for about 9 days. During this short period of time, they were very nice to her. For a person that has limited income, it's perfect. It's an older facility and is run by donation. The place is clean and the care is top notch. I have high praise for this place. Angie, betty, Donald and tailor are outstanding. They are very caring and compassionate about what they do whenever I needed them they would say "were going to work through". They called her doctor when they needed to. I was very pleased with the care received from this place, I would rate them above a 5 if I could.

Huge weight lifted off my shoulders

My husband John has moderate to severe dementia, with issues that most facilities find "concerning". A friend recommended Vick Street Manor because they have a Limited Mental Health License. After meeting with the Administrator and taking a tour of the facility, I felt it was a good place for John ... Everyone at Vick Street has the compassion and desire to make all residents feel like family. John gets hugs and kisses everyday! It's been almost a year, and I'm so thankful someone told me about Vick Street...

They Care Very Much

Overall I would have to say that all of the staff members at the Vick Street Manor care very much about the residents in their charge. They really do take pride in their facility and with the upkeep of it.

They Do A Very Good Job

I think they do a very good job. It would be nice if they could afford to maybe have more staff. But with the staff they do have, it works very well. They are very attentive, very caring, my husband is doing well there. He seems happy, and that is very important.

Vick Street Manor was a sad place. The facility is old and worn, and definitely in need of a facelift. My tour guide was patient and had great information for me, but not friendly or enthusiastic. I wonder if many people come here without going through social services or a doctor.

Vick Street Manor facility

This assisted living facility is just what I was looking for my daughter. The people who take care of her were very nice and helpful. It is clean and roomy. They provide good food and activities for everyone. I am happy with the security they have for the safety of the people who stay there.

Very helpful!

We’ve only been there a short time. There is always room for improvement. They’re very simple. It’s not like assisted living that do all kinds of things. Their focus is different. In my own experience they work hard to help the new resident adjust.

Good Place

He was only there a couple months before he received an eviction notice because he was beyond their level of care. He couldn't get out of bed by himself and they are not licensed for that as an assisted living facility. With my limited experience, I thought that the people were nice and the facility seemed fine.

Vick Street Manor

The people are friendly and they focus on the care of their residents.
The property is an older building but seems to be well kept and clean.
My mother lives in the memory unit and requires full care. She is kept clean and well cared for overall.