Royal Palm Retirement Centre - Port Charlotte, FL

Royal Palm

Dad serene happy after getting used to the facility routines. Staff and other residence very helpful with his dementia handicaps

Not a good place, going downhill fast. Will be leaving within 2-3 months.

This is a nice facility, however my Mother is more interested in Independent Living and this facility has both Independent and Assisted Living, she is not ready to co mingle with assisted living conditions at this time.

Memory care unit too isolated and on the 5th floor. Bars on some windows no pleasant views from room.

To to big for my mother-in-law

We had a very nice tour of this community and the staff was able to answer all our questions as well. And from what we saw it was clean and well-kept up for the most part. We just felt that this community would be too large with the multi stories and would be hard for the mother-in-law to get around.

Great apts with additional care needed. Staff was friendly and helpful.

The Meals Need Accommodations

My uncle is living here and there has been issues. One of the staff, [Removed], has an attitude and that job does not fit her at all. We filled out paperwork for automatic payments but they are taking it from the wrong account. We filled out everything and corporate has to change it. He does not eat chicken or turkey and they serve a lot of that. I talked to them to see if they can accommodate him. The laundry service has taken a week to return the clean items. I thought they were accommodating to the residents.[Removed], the sales manager, is dynamite and you could not ask for a better person, I really like her.

Very friendly. Convenient location. multi floors are a concern. Large facility.

Kind Tour

We had a good tour of this community, and everything went well. The staff was nice, and friendly. The community looked well-kept. The experience went well, and everyone was kind.

Grateful for Royal Palm

One of the most difficult things one faces in life is the necessity of entrusting your parents to the care of an Assisted Living Facility ("ALF"). Royal Palm is more than an "ALF".
The question most are concerned with has to do with their parents being able to accept their change of living environment, and all that it entails. For my sister, brother, and me, it truly is a blessing in every aspect. Whenever I visit unannounced I can plainly see that everything is just as it should be. The rapport that has been established between Royal Palm's staff and my parents is one of friends who care for each other. When I go to visit my folks I am truly glad that I did, because they love to tell me about how much each person there means to them.
Now that they are there, I am convinced that God gave us His guidance and that they are under His loving care.

My visit

This was a nice community when we took our tour. The people we met were friendly and helpful. This community was larger than the community we chose. I felt overwhelmed with the many corridors and I did not think it would work well for mom.

She Has Understanding Staff

My mom is doing very well at this very nice facility. It has not been easy for her at the moment but she is attempting to get involved with the dining experience and she has activities available when she is ready to try that out. We call her daily to see how she is doing and the staff have been very accommodating and made the move in very easy. It was helpful having them get everything started and doing everything they said they would. The community is clean and the people living there are friendly.

Probably first choice due to location & cost.

Hard Adjustment, But Overall Satisfied

It was a ruff adjustment process for my aunt and uncle with their move to this community. They are starting to get adjusted, and are doing pretty well. I know they are safe and in a good place. The staff is kind, and helping them get more comfortable to the community. It is a nice clean community. Every time I visit everything looks great. It is still work progress, but this is a good community, and I would recommend it.

Very Nice Community, My Tour Went Well

I had a lovely tour of this community. This is a good looking community from what I saw. They do a good with the cleanliness of the community. The staff was very friendly. The rooms they showed me were a bit small. They treated my family and I very well. This is a very nice community.

Sight Unseen

I have not visited Royal Palm as yet. However my son who lives in Florida did visit and we communicated back and forth and I will be moving in on the 31 of this month. He had nothing but praise for Royal Palm , so I told him to sign me up for it. I cannot select a rating as I have not been there in person so I can only guess at one.

It Has Been Great For Us

My mom is doing fine since living here. The staff are great help always. My mom enjoys the community. She has participated in a few activities. The place is clean to me and I really like that this place has different levels of care. I would recommend this community

Review of Royal Palm Retirement Centre Port Charlotte, FL

Due to medical reasons both of my parents had to go into some form of assisted living arrangements on very short notice. The entire staff at Royal Palm at every level was extremely helpful and accommodating during the entire process which provided my sister and I with great comfort that they were in a good facility. The Royal Palm facility has just been redecorated including all new furniture, new meeting and entertainment areas and amenities and it looks absolutely great. I would recommend this facility.

Great employees

There are some really great employees at the royal palm center. They are quick and helpful.

Have toured and have had current residents say it excels

horrible

It's just been horrible. My father is in memory care and they let him walk away and get lost a couple of times. He keeps missing his doctors appointments also. Because he is in memory care they do not let him participate in some of the social events that the other residents partake it. Everything about Royal Palm Retirement Centre has been a very negative experience and we will be moving my father out of there very soon.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work for Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I am SO sorry to hear about your father's negative experience at Royal Palm. Although I'm sure there is nothing we can do to change your mind about your father's lease termination, I've escalated your concerns to our Resident Relations department, Risk Management department, and Resident Enrichment department, as well as the Regional Director of Royal Palm to help ensure that other residents don't have a similar experience.

If there's anything that you'd like to add, you are welcome to call our Resident Relations line at [removed].

My sincere apologies once more,
Katie

Very nice place

Royal Palm Retirement Center is a very nice place! It is a clean, well kept place, and the staff here are friendly and professional. It's a very expensive community, but the service they provide matches the price!

A rough start

It has been very difficult but it's not all their fault either. My mother had to be put in the hospital . We had a rough start. She's not liking it but she hasn't been there that long. It's just been hard because she's been in and out of the hospital.

My stepmother is their and food has been really good. I have excellent communication with the staff. I havent had any problems and she is happy being their. It a really good place to stay.

Jessica was very, very knowledgeable and helpful about the property, care offered, pricing and assistance that might be available to me. She provided a thorough tour, including dining area, model and common areas. We were not able to visit the memory care unit because they were sanitizing due to a virus going around and trying to minimize people moving around the building -- understandable and to me, very good infection control protocols. Residents and staff alike that we spoke to were happy and friendly and readily talked to us about the property and offered positive information. This is one of the front-runners. Another positive note is that the Exec Director has been there for over 20 years, the maintenance director for 19 years, and longevity of employees usually speaks to a positive culture. So, even though someone was sick, our overall impression was very, very positive.

Mom is very Happy

My first impression of Royal Palm was - I couldn't believe that I was in a Retirement location, cause the residence were all smiling and very friendly - plus Royal Palm in the hallways, on all of the floors, are very clean and they smell good (no perfume). My mom has been at Royal Palm now for 2 months, and she enjoys all of the activities with the residence each day.
Thank you Royal Palm for letting my mom to enjoy the rest of her Younger Years.

Living in a Great Place

The people are great.They try to help you in any way that is possible.

Well Cared For

The main complaint I have is that all the meal times are too early for retired people. The main serving times are set and then the options are reduced. They could make better tasting more appealing food. I like that my loved one is well cared for.

Nice Place with friendly staff

We were happy to get my wife's parents into this place and we believe that it is a quality place.
The biggest drawback is the wait for the elevator when they go to meals.
The elevator is often full when it stops and it stops anyway & goes to the first floor & then up to the higher floors and loads up and maybe bypasses the second floor two or more times before it stops with enough room for 2nd floor residents.

We are moving them out and into another facility where they will have a first floor lanai. A room with a view and exit to the outdoors from their room.

We feel that this place is a good option with may plusses.

Mostly Great

So far it is great, the only thing that she doesn't like is the reverse menu, where the biggest meal of the day is at noon. Everything else is great, the cleanliness, friendliness of the staff, the polite people. She is in dementia care.

We Can Highly Recommend Royal Palm!

We've been very happy! I live in Pennsylvania and it would be at lead double the cost for the same thing here. I think the cost is not too high but not low, it's somewhere in the middle and it seems to be reasonable. It's independent living and it's more that we ever expected but everything's included.

My mom get's three square meals a day. Breakfast is anything you want from oatmeal to eggs and bacon. There is a big meal a "dinner" which is more like lunch and then a light supper. It's all restaurant style and it's $5 more to take your meal up to your room so it forces you to be interactive and that's the point.

There is enough going on to keep you buys. It's a feeling, you know? I talked to the administrator and things just clicked. We can highly recommend it!

Priced us out

After three years at the Royal Palm, their prices continually climbed but mom's income remained fixed. In the beginning they couldn't have been more accommodating, but towards the end they did little to help mom stay. The Royal Palm is so big and there is so much going on I think they would need to double the size of their cleaning crew to keep it clean. I am not too sure but I'd guess there were at least 100 residents if not more. For her entire first year there my mom complained continuously about how poor the food was. I am not sure if they changed cooks or she just became used to it, but she didn't complain as much after that first year. Also, they did offer a lot of activities at Royal Palm.

Welcome to Royal Palm Independent and Assisted Living. We offer seniors a broad range of retirement lifestyles to choose from, including varying levels of care. Simply put, Royal Palm provides seniors what they need, when they need it.

Additionally, we offer a number of convenient services and amenities available to all our residents. Choose from studio and one-bedroom private apartments with most utilities paid, a full calendar of enriching activities and events, three chef-prepared meals a day, and a host of common rooms and living areas to enjoy.

Our Royal Palm community is located in Port Charlotte, Florida, which U.S. News & World Report listed as one of the 10 best places to retire in 2012. Port Charlotte offers nearby shopping, dining, medical facilities, and various local attractions. Welcome to Royal Palm. Welcome home.