South Port Square - Port Charlotte, FL

helpful people

Every one in this whole company has really gone far below
their jobs to help me get my mother into this complex

I will be forever remember them for that help

Billing Issues

My family experience in this community was a fair one. My uncle is back at home now, and he is taking care of himself. I was not one hundred percent satisfied with our experiences in this community. Their billing system needs improvement. We are dealing with issue in regarding the bills he received during his stay. The staff is kind, and helpful when needed. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. However until we sort out this billing issue, I can not recommend this community.

Touring The Community

The first person asked how much income we had. We told him and he said we didn't have enough and walked out the room. I got a call a month later from a woman and she asked us to come view the community after talking with the director about pricing. I saw a beautiful apartment with vaulted ceilings but even with a discount it was too much for us. It was a nice experience but we could not afford to go there.

Dishonest people!

They are the most dishonest people We have ever met!
They wanted to sell my mother a life care plan even when we said no! Her doctor said she needed assisted living and if she was able to live in independent living, we would have left her in her condo with all her friends.
My siblings and I went there and met [Removed] she was over bearing, pushy and extremely rude. The fact that she was the marketing director was a shock. We moved our mother into the assisted living but they continued to keep pushing their life care.
The assisted living director[Removed] never returns or takes your calls. She too is dishonest and extremely rude!
We finally wised up and moved her!

A nice community.

The staff at this community are patient and taking good care of my sister. She is still settling into this community. They offer daily activities and they keep the community clean. She says the food is really good. I think this community is a little high priced. I would recommend this community.

Beautiful Scenery!!

I am really enjoying my new spacious apartment, it has lots of extra room for my things and beautiful scenery right out side my window. They offer all the residents a great activity program with all different kinds of different events and activities to keep us busy through out the week. I have no complaints and am very happy with my choice to retire in this community.

Good Place for My Sister

My sister is doing well here at this community. It was a good move for her. They are taking good care of her and her needs. The staff is good, they are very caring and kind. The community is well-kept, they do a good with the cleanliness. She is getting involved in the community and meeting new people. I know she is safe and in good hands here. It has been a lovely experience and I would recommend it this community.

Overall Our Family Is Pleased

Our family has had a pretty good experience with this community. Overall we are pleased with all they have done for us. They are willing to work with us regarding the issues we have. She is really enjoying the activities that are available. I know she is safe and overall we are pleased with her move here.

A nice, caring assisted living facility.

Wonderful Experience!

The best for independent care. My Mom is happy. There are so many activities she loves. The people, both staff and residents, are helpful, happy and friendly. It is exactly what she was looking for.

Excellent community!

South Port Square is an excellent senior community! We couldn't be happier with the service our loved one and our family received. The facility itself is clean and well kept, the staff is friendly and professional, and they treated us all like family. The people here are really on top of things, they always had an answer ready to go for any questions we had, and really went the extra mile in regards to any requests. I highly recommend them!

Staffing Issues

Excellent decor, food and well kept grounds. Terribly rude and unprofessional aides. Think twice before you consider putting a loved one here.

Going great

Things are going really great there. The staff is great and are always helpful. The facility is clean and comfortable. The residents always seem happy to and are very nice.

quite nice

I was not at South Port Square very long. While I was there I was impressed that there was a library in every building. The dining area was also really quite nice. Overall it was a good experience.

My loved one has Alzheimer's and Dementia. He is very old and and at that stage..He loves it there and I would recommend to other to take thier loved ones to the location..I give it a rating over all a 5 star rating..the place is very clean and the activities are well done.

We scheduled our tour online, but they were not prepared for us. The person who offered the tour could not give us good information about activities. The staff we encountered were not friendly and did not offer information when we asked questions. Admittedly, we toured on the Saturday after Christmas, but one would think that there would be a manager available who could answer questions.

Our 5 star experience

This home is extremely clean. They have a system for changing assisted residents and bagging all soiled clothes etc. The residents are clean and changed often. There is no unpleasant ordor. The staff is very attentive patient and pleasant. We are fully informed each time we come about her and how she is doing. The rooms are cleaned daily by an outside cleaning service with a rolling cart like hotels. My mother in law was in a previous home and we had to buy clothes every two months because they were lost in the laundry. This is no longer a problem. On admittance you are urged to meet the doctor who wants previous records and a back round of her past active life. We are very impressed with her care over all.

Caution

There were good people – wonderful people who made a difference, and then there were some that just didn’t care. It’s beautiful. It’s very expensive. Please be careful. They’re under staffed. If your loved one is very vulnerable, please be cautious.

outstanding

It was a wonderful place in every way.

They had nice apartments and a lot of activities....

They had nice apartments and a lot of activities, it was big like six floors and two big buildings. It was kind of nice that you could tell what was going on for activities because they put them on T.V. instead of having to read a board in the hall. They had good food with a big salad bar.

Better for non-specific care needs

It didn't fit my needs; I have a disability that they weren't able to accomodate and I left after 3 days. They tried everything to make it work but my house is set up for me and it works much better, I have the equipment I need to best fit my needs. I went to South Port because my wife was going away from 17 days and they did try to take care of me but their physical set up was just not adequate for me and we didn't realize that during the tour. They did everything they could and they were excellent but they were set up for little old ladies they could get out of bed and wheel out to dinner. I'm pretty self sufficient, I am in a wheelchair but there were just things I didn't realize I needed that they couldn't accomodate.

Good for respite care

We needed respite care and South Port Square had availability. We had only looked at one other facility that offered respite care and found South Port Square was much nicer and cheaper. The biggest factor in choosing them was they had availability, we would definitely use them again if needed. I had one gripe in that the carpet in my mom's apartment was too plush to easily maneuver a walker or wheelchair. The hallway's carpet was much better for walkers and wheelchairs. Also, it seemed the bathrooms in her apartment weren't wide enough for her to maneuver a walker in; something we didn't realize until after moving her in.

“Our staff is friendly, respectful and approachable. They are proud of their community and love the residents they serve.” Nestled on 40 lush acres of tropical landscaping, South Port Square is conveniently located in the heart of Charlotte County, one-third of a mile north from the corner of Kings Highway and Westchester Boulevard. Our community is close to the area’s best shopping, dining and recreational opportunities.

South Port Square features a fitness center, library, lounge, ice cream parlor, Town Hall, beauty salon, bank, woodcraft shop and indoor aquatic center, complete with indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. Our spacious apartment homes offer a variety of floor plans with screened-in lanais, large closets and fully-equipped kitchens. Featuring convenient restaurant-style dining, our dining services offer regional cuisine with full salad bar, a wide selection of entrees, and your choice of lunch or dinner daily.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services for residents. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Popular classes include Zumba, yoga, “Matter of Balance,” and water aerobics.

It’s comforting to know that you can continue to live life to the fullest at South Port Squre – with the added security of 24-hour nursing care, as well as a full spectrum of supportive, wellness and skilled nursing services. Our Individualized Care Services (I-Care) offer a helping hand to residents who need assistance with activities of daily living or memory care. Memory Care has new life stations and a dedicated and specially trained staff. Our custom programs provide compassionate care and meaningful interaction. Our staff is committed to helping those with memory loss maintain their independence and dignity for as long as possible. And with our Life Care guarantee, you’ll have peace