Village Place Retirement - Port Charlotte, FL

Great Activities!!

My cousin has recently made the move into this community and so far I am pleased with how things are going for her. The staff are all very friendly and I am comfortable with the care she is receiving. She has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in activities from time to time with the other residents. I am pleased to hear that she is happy considering she did not want to move in at first.

More Than Satisfied with This Community

My love one is doing very well since her move to this community. I'am very pleased with all they have done for us. I couldn't ask for a better community for her, everything is working out very well. The staff is excellent, and they are taking good care of her, and her needs. I have already recommended this community to my friends, it is a terrific community.

Good Tour Overall

We toured this community for my loved one, and her needs. Our tour went well for the most part, and it was a nice experience. The community was nice, and clean from what we saw. The staff was kind, and our questions were answered. It was a good experience overall.

Not happy

My dad was in the memory care unit. I was extremely disappointed with their care. Not much is going on, no one is engaged. Residents are just sitting around or watching television. [Removed] the program developer is nice but overwhelmed. Once your money is send the administration avoids you and not interested in resolving any concerns you may have.

Kind, friendly care wirh great activities. Concern about small size of personal space in semi private

Beware

Beware of this place. Their people are very convincing and let you think they will support your loved one. My experience has been the following,
• there is very little going on as far as activities for the residents
• if you need hospice, this isn't the place to be. They claim they can provide care while hospice enters to help. NOT TRUE.
• beware of any return of prorated funds.

Great facility

The Village is clean and comfortable. The staff is willing to work with you and your loved one. Memory care patients are carefully monitored and adjustments are made to accommodate the patients.

So Far Everything Is Well

A place for mom was very helpful with all the help they provided us with. I would highly recommend giving them a call if you need some help. The community they referred us too is working out very well so far. My mother is doing pretty well here, and I'am satisfied. The staff have been helpful and attentive. The community looks great, they do a good job with keeping everything well maintained. It has been a good experience so far for us here at this community.

Good Care

My grandmother has been here for a month and it is still going well. The community is a nice looking place. It is in a good location and the community is close to where I live. It is the best location and I would recommend this community.

I was not thrilled with Village place.

I was not thrilled with Village place. They really courted us in the beginning, calling us, twice a day, and trying to be friendly, and very helpful. We decided on Village Place. Sarah couldn't have been nicer, she said that she would be there and stay and help get my loved one oriented. But that's not what happened, she was transported, and sat in reception and no one wanted to help us, and Sarah wasn't there, and didn't follow through with what she told us she would do. This seems to be the theme of our experience. I strongly feel that the senior staff could have handled us and our situation with a little more compassion, and class. The aides and the maintenance people were just as nice and helpful as they could be. I would not recommend them for anyone. I think the staff needs some sensitivity training. I also think they have some in there that shouldn't be, and cause chaos and commotion on a regular basis.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I'm writing from Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thank you so much for your review. I'm very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at Village Place and am even more sorry to learn that it was because of our associates' behavior. We most certainly do not condone this level of unprofessionalism and want to know more details. Have you called our Resident Relations department to file a formal complaint? If not, I highly recommend you give them a call. Their number is [removed].

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,
Katie

Would not recommend

My experience with Village Place was a very bad one, and I absolutely would not recommend them to anyone. The staff seemed uninvolved and uncaring, and they seem to have replaced many of their long term staff with young people that I'm sure they pay much less. I was very disappointed when it took their in-house doctor 3 weeks to okay a pain medication prescription that my loved one received from the hospital. I was also was not impressed with the dining service at all, there weren't many choices and the service was poor. However, the biggest issue I had was that my loved one's belongings were constantly being stolen. Nothing was safe, a two week supply of kleenex would be gone in days, clothes went missing, and eventually someone stole her wedding ring.

Hopeful that the new management turns things around

Very disappointed with the level of activity offered to those in memory care. There's a great schedule posted of activities offered, however there isn't anyone dedicated to working on activities with the memory care for so those activities only happen sporadically. I'm told they are seeking to hire someone to fill the gap.... It's only been 30 days so perhaps that's still in the works. You certainly want to get the right people. I've also witnessed some staff who are fabulous and committed to caring for others while, as probably is the case wherever you go there are some who just don't give a hoot and should not be in this field of employment.

Village Place is wonderful

The staff has been exceptional towards my family and most importantly my father. As my father has no immediate family living in Florida the administration there has provided necessary accommodations to make him comfortable until we can visit and fulfill our responsibilities.
They are truly working "from the heart" to make him accepted and happy. His greatest hidden concerns were to have assistance with personal hygiene and daily dressing. They have provided him with comfort and compassion. There is not one person on staff that I would replace. Everyone of them have surpassed normal anticipation. Some have provided their own personal time and funding to assist in his startup needs and have refused reimbursement from my family.
Unfortunately they are understaffed. However they are undertaking a campaign to hire additional personnel .
The uniqueness of their floor plans which provide individual communities really makes it homelike or like having their own neighborhood. The meals have been better than average and plentiful.
Parking for visitors is poor as availability is six parking spots.

Nice place, overall

In general I think they do a good job at Village Place Retirement. It is a clean, nice looking facility, and I like that it is all on one level. The staff here is friendly, and they do a good job looking out for the people who live here. They provide a few different levels of assistance, and my loved one is in their assisted living wing. I will say that I was a little disappointed that each section doesn't have a designated caregiver, they usually have to cover two or three areas which makes me worry a bit.

Nice place overall, move-in process could use some work

Overall I think things have gone well with Village Place Retirement. It's a nice looking, well kept facility, and the staff have all been very friendly. My loved one is enjoying himself and settling in well, and I would definitely recommend the place to others looking into senior living. My one suggestion would be that they could definitely work on making the move-in process smoother. I don't feel like the billing or medication services were explained well to me at all, it was somewhat of an ordeal.

very friendly

They were very friendly and accommodating. I had two days to get my dad placed and we were able to get him in right away, and it just worked out perfect. I especially would like to give a shout of praise out to Dina who was extremely helpful.

They declined to accept my husband or even talk with me and allow me to tour because he has had anger/aggression. So if your loved on has this issue, this may or may not be the place for you. They were very polite and kind and offered other recommendations, however.

An amazing experience placing our Father into Village Place.

Dina we can not thank you enough for all of your help getting our Father moved in so quickly. He is in great hands and is really enjoying being there.I would totally recommend to anyone needing an Assisted living residence to check you out. I'm so glad we did.Thanks again.

Village Place Retirement is ok. My da...

Village Place Retirement is ok. My dad seems happy there. I've been disappointed by them concerning something that was promised, but I was misinformed. The care is ok. The facility is clean. It doesn't ever smell when I walk in. Overall this facility is pretty good.

Village Place is a beautiful place. ...

Village Place is a beautiful place. The atmosphere is cozy and friendly, and the staff helpful. I'm so glad I chose this for my aunt!

Understaffed

It’s very understaffed. I hear the food isn’t very good. There had been a change of ownership and my loved one was told the previous owners ran it so that it was nicer. The laundry is okay. The staff that was good, there just wasn’t enough of them.

Disappointed

The community fee that they charge up front and it’s none refundable – it’s about $4600 – you should be aware of it. They raised our rates were raised after being there for about two months – because of a level of care fee. We were very disappointed.

Do Not Take Your Loved One Here

I took my father out of Village Place due to the total lack of proper care. My Dad when in on a Friday afternoon and was promptly seen by their doctor to go over his health and medications. I was told that his meds would be picked up and given to him everyday. On Sat. his meds had not been picked up and I administered them. On Sun. his meds had not been picked up, and again I gave them to him. By Monday the meds were still in his room and I was getting very put out. I found a women who apologized for the slip up and promised to take care of the matter herself. She was the first caregiver I met with any concern. My father has mild to moderate dementia. He could not remember to take his meds. or if he had taken them.
No one seemed happy or cheerful there. In fact the staff that I met was very fearful of mgmt. and keeping there jobs
The exec. dir. was not friendly or helpful. I took my dad out of there after only six days.

Very nice place, clean and caring

Our experience with Village Place was handled with great care my dad's time was to short, but they helped me with everything and I was from out of state, I paid $2200. + 600. for special care with Alzhiemers great price for the area.

This is my first choice for...

This is my first choice for my dad. Love the neighborhoods concept.

They are so good to her.

The memory care unit is secure, which is great! They are so good to her. They get them out of the room everyday so they can get some change of scenery. They have three different areas where they can socialize or play games. She's never in her room, she is always busy. They are willing to work with us on pricing. Every friday they take them out to a lunchbrunch, at a different restaurant. It has been a good experience.

Mom

Village Place is very clean. The people there are very kind and patient. My mother says the food is good and it looks like it is to me. It is well maintained. It has recently changed ownership so I hope it stays as it is.

Love it

Love it

When you choose a Holiday lifestyle, we simplify things for you.

Port Charlotte, FL was ranked among the top ten best places to retire in 2012 by U.S. News & World Report and is home to the Village Place Retirement community.

Village Place provides seniors with assisted living and memory care services and aims to support residents in their everyday life. With multiple floor plans, our community provides seniors with options for the place they choose to call home in their retirement. In addition, our community has many community spaces that allow residents to meet their neighbors and build lasting friendships. Whether you’re spending time in the enclosed courtyard or the screened front porch, you’re sure to find another resident or staff member with whom to engage in conversation.

We look forward to you choosing to retire in one of the best places in the country. We look forward to meeting you at Village Place.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities
- Medication management

A Life’s Story
Every life has a story. Every person is unique. At Holiday, we know that. We want to hear yours. How you worked hard. Raised a family. Took care of others. Now it’s time for people to take care of you. To help you. To support you and enrich another chapter of your life’s story. Welcome to Holiday.

Holiday is dedicated to making your life with us a truly special experience, and we look forward to meeting you.

Call today to schedule your personal visit and learn more about joining our family!