Veranda Club - Boca Raton, FL

HAS EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS

We have had our mother at the Veranda Club for one year now and it has exceeded our expectations. We could not be happier with the choice we made at a most critical time. They honestly care for their residents & go a step beyond.

Lots of activities!!

My father has recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things are going for him. He has really been enjoying all of the activities they have to offer and I am impressed with the variety of events they have going on for all of the residents throughout the day. For the most part of all of the staff have been great and I am comfortable with the quality of care that he has been receiving. The only improvement that could be made is the meals. They are very hit or miss throughout the week.

Terrific Place

We looked at many different places and found the Veranda Club to be the best for my Mom. It is not very large and everything is close in the facility. I have had dinner with her in the dining room and the food it pretty good. The apartment size is a nice size. The walk in closet is tremendous. I am jealous. Overall the family thinks it was a great move.

Care for parents

Comment: My parents are in this community. My mother is not happy here. My parents did not like the restaurant seating arrangement and how the staff dealt with this problem. My mother is also unhappy that the aides keep changing and that the laundry service is not picked up as promised. In addition she is expected to put the clean laundry away and at 92 this is very difficult for her. My parents will be leaving the Veranda for these reasons along with several others. On the positive side, the community is very clean and taken care of at all times. The food is ok and generally the staff are helpful.

Good value but not a lot of activities

I moved here recently and so far things are going very well. The staff is friendly and I like it a lot. The food is okay but you can tell it is mass produced. They don't offer a lot of activities so that's something they could improve on. I chose this community because of the pricing. So everything has been very good.

A tour to consider

I am misleading of the age of the residents that are here. We thought it was more lively like we were informed. They do not have activities. the community is unused. They only run a move once a day. They do not offer car service for errands. My father is law is not active due to no activities that are offered here for the residents. The community is very clean and the grounds are beautiful. The staff needs more training. The meals could a little improvement. We wanted more activity for him. Other families might want to consider a tour before moving into this community for care. It does not more ap to have a lot of residents in this community.

My Mother is Doing Great Here

My mother is getting all settled into this community. So far everything is going very well. I'am satisfied with the care they are providing her with. She is doing great here at this community. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. This is a nice place.

Healthy Meals !!

The meals they provide my loved one are very delicious with healthy choices and are well proportioned. The nursing care team checks on her between three and four times a day to make sure she is doing well and her needs are being met. I am thankful for this community and would recommend this place.

liked the location and appeared to have a bit of a personal touch with residents. like that the assisted living residents and the independent living are close and seem to mix well.

2 star mistake

This is a nice looking facility at first glance, but what is actually there is misrepresented.
The exercize program is two old people sitting in front of a TV following a video tape.
The buffet breakfast is real 3 days a week, but dry cereal and juice the other four days
(We were told DAILY breakfast.
The craft class was making a small ball of something. When asked what it was, no one know. Many "activities" are bogus items to put on a schedule to make it look full.
Every day we have an iasue with the apartment: something missing, something broken, and therw is no help.
This move for my mother was suppossed to make my life easier, but it is a daily headache.
Made the wrong hoice, I guess

Very nice place!

I think they do a very good job overall at the Veranda Club! The facility itself is beautiful, and my loved one is in their newest building which is always kept looking immaculate! I also appreciate that the community is laid out in such a fashion that it isn't an overly long walk to get to and from anywhere. My loved one is in their assisted living section, and she and a group of people often walk to the independent living side for social gatherings and activities!
The staff here is absolutely wonderful, and the director in particular does a fantastic job! They make it very clear that nothing you ask of them is an imposition, they're always happy to help! The day my loved one moved in they were very busy, so the director herself showed up with a power drill to help us hang some pictures!
The community has all sorts of activities and events, and I would particularly recommend it to any families looking for a community with an active Jewish population. There is a large Jewish community here, and they have a Rabbi in every Friday as well as observing all of the high holidays!
We've had a few minor issues with communication, and I've noticed that sometimes the kitchen seems a bit understaffed and slow during the lunch hours. But overall it is a very nice community, and I would definitely recommend it as being worth a look!

Everything is FIne

It was a little slow getting started, because they were waiting for approvals first in order to open up their doors, but once everything got rolling I thought everything went fine with the Veranda Club.

Knowing I Made The Right Decision

My Mother has been residing at the Assisted Living Facility at The Veranda Club for a month. We were fortunate to get her into a new apartment in the A Building which is beautifully decorated and has been kept immaculate. The one bedroom apartment has a large bedroom that comfortably fits Mom's king bed with two night tables. The living room is large enough to fit her sectional couch and a recliner. The bathroom is huge and has wood flooring. The majority of the staff is attentive and it's comforting to know that Melanie White, the Director is on top of everything and maintains a family like atmosphere for residents and their families. The food is great, last night Mom was served baby rack of lamb. She is always offered an alternative meal selection such as a nova lox platter which is a winner and their blintzes are to die for. There are many activities going on for the independent side which all residents are welcome to attend and it's easy enough for someone to get there with their walker. There is live music weekly and religious services. There could be more interactive activities on the assisted living side, it seems like they mostly play cards. Although this is a huge transition for residents with memory loss, balance issues, and ending the era of driving, The Veranda Club's team seems to get it and offers a safe environment in a hotel like experience.

Pretty good

The Veranda Club is pretty good. My husband is pretty satisfied. Overall, it's a very nice community. It's clean. Everyone is friendly and nice. It has been going good. I haven't had any issues.

Very nice place

Everything is working out well with the Veranda Club, we're very pleased with it. My loved one is settled in and seems to be enjoying it!

Friendly and helpful staff!

Our experience with Veranda Club has been a good one overall! The staff were all very friendly and helpful during the transition period, and helped to ensure that it went as smoothly as possible. The community also feels very secure, and makes me feel confident my loved one is safe there.

Review of Veranda Club Assisted Living in Boca Raton, FL

Place is run down. I was informed Dad would have to be assessed to know his need to have an idea of the price. It was already pricey with no real positive offerings. She was so vague in explaining what was included. No nurse on duty 24hours. EVERYTHING was ala cart.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. This was a nice looking place, the facility itself was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed friendly. Our main concern here was that to get from her apartment to the common and dining areas would require walking through a covered outdoor area. We thought this might discourage her from getting out and about.

My parents moved in recently and they...

My parents moved in recently and they felt very welcomed by the staff and their fellow residents. However, there were issues in the apartment that needed repair, and now, 5 weeks later, they have still not been repaired. We would have liked to have seen more urgency in these repairs and hope they will be resolved soon.

Everyone's Involved

It worked out very well with Veranda. She is very happy, the apartment is very nice, they are very personable. Everybody is involved, all the staff, and the food is good. Mom is eating very, very well, which is a good change!

Wrendi and Ida were so busy...

Wrendi and Ida were so busy but made time for us and were very patient. My dad and his S.O. were so happy to meet with residents there that they already knew from previous years. That helped a great deal in making a decision. The apartments were wonderful and the prices were very reasonable. There is remodeling going on at this time which is well needed. New carpeting and painting. I did notice a urine odor in the carpeting and I made sure I mentioned this. The lobby is not large or impressive but the other gathering areas were spacious. Making the right choice came down to where my dad and his S.O. would be comfortable.

Gain a new perspective at Veranda Club, located in sunny Boca Raton, Florida. Our community offers Independent Living and Assisted Living services in a warm environment that encourages social activities, wellness and comfort. Residents enjoy weekly happy hours, visiting lecturers and Shabbat services. Residents can easily soak up Florida’s greatest resource from the privacy of their apartments thanks to screened verandas extending from each residence. We offer a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and caring that promotes companionship among residents and staff. Residents can also enjoy shows at the onsite multi-purpose theater or join a game of shuffleboard.