Sonata Boca Raton - Boca Raton, FL

Sonata Sunshine

We moved our father to Sonata, Boca Raton after several bad experiences at a different Assisted Living facility. We could not be happier with the professionalism and genuine compassion of everyone at Sonata. Our father was treated with the respect, dignity and kindness you would hope every senior could experience. [Removed], the director of the Assisted Living, was available to discuss anything and everything to assure the comfort of our father and we were able to observe that he wants every resident happy and well. Evette was so kind to our dad, and to me, each day, and [Removed] went the extra mile to involve our dad in as many activities as possible. [Removed] took incredible care of him in every possible way, and went above and beyond their job descriptions! The entire staff at Sonata provided an inviting and warm environment for their residents. We will remain forever grateful.

It was very nice. I think my dad would prefer a bit more of a kitchen with a sink. They just had a fridge and microwave in a closet area.

The community is lovey

The staff did a great job with our tour and were able to answer all our questions. We enjoyed sitting down to lunch with the other residents too. We just did not feel that this would be the best fit for what we were looking for for my mother.

Everything is going fine!

Everything is going just fine! My aunt is adjusting quite well and she is really enjoying her stay here. The facility is clean and the staff are taking great care of her! We do not have any complaints about the facility so far.

Tour was Okay

My tour of this community was an okay one. The community appeared to be well-kept. The staff I met was friendly. There were many factors that played into where to move my husband too, and I did not really care for the facility.

Michael, exec director, spent a generous amount of time showing me the facility. I liked the "home-like" environment. The respite option is a great option. My hesitation is the average age of the resident is 87. I know this will be an issue wherever I look. My husband is 62.

Would not recommend

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one, and I just was not impressed by what I saw here. They seemed to have a very low staff to resident ratio. I also noticed they got very cagey when I asked them about it specifically. and started telling me about how kitchen staff could assist with certain care activities, etc. Aside from what I saw during my tour I also heard quite a few negative remarks about them in a support group I attend from other families who have experience here.

Extremely wonderful

My mother is so happy woth the entire experience at Homewood . People, food, and activities are wonderful

Memory unit was impressive,...

Memory unit was impressive, as were the staff members for the memory facility and the assisted living portions of the residence. I was impressed by Becky, the director of the Yamato Homewood Residence and the care in which the residents were assisted and thought of--I will be visiting again.

Depressing

We went on a tour, but it was very, very depressing. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I cancelled my tour at the other Homewood because this one was so bad.

It met many of my mom's needs

There are many outstanding features about Homewood. It is relatively small so you know everyone and they know you. The lobby area, dining room and activity are very inviting. The rooms were spacious and there were many activties to keep residents busy. Marcia is the activities director and is outstanding. They had Shabot services which my mother really enjoyed. There were many places nearby to take residents. On the flip side mom complained about the food. When she was taken by EMS to the hospital she was alone. I question whether they handled her stroke the best way as I live out of town and could only monitor by phone.. My mother was only there for about 10 weeks or so before moving back home following her stroke.

Too Small

We visited a while ago. It seemed like there was too small of a population, and not enough going on.

Great Marketing not a great follow through

We have had lots of fall downs on what we expected from Homewood. The marketing guy was very good and kept saying “If you want the best are for your loved ones, we may not be the least expensive, but we are the best.” Since then we have been scratching our heads. The staff does not seem to communicate with each other and really seem to not take responsibility. When an issue arises and you ask them what happened or how it happened we just get empty answers like “I don’t know” there was only one member of the staff which was a college student that actually said “I don’t know, but let me find out” We are paying about $3,400 a month to have our loved ones here. They do charge a low start rate but when you start adding services needed it really adds up fast. The community itself is beautiful and is in excellent condition. It is a smaller community compared to the others in the surround area. Everything about the community is actually really good except for the actual care services and their lack of communication. It seems like no body here really knows what is going on.

Awful Food

The day staff is really good but the evening staff is bad they take a long time to answer when they pull the cord to get help, it could be an hour later they. The evening staff is not very friendly and the food is awful. I had to wait at the community while taking care of something, they brought me a tray and the food was really salty. The food really is just not good. I’m not happy that they come to residents when they want to come not when the residents need them. We decided on them because it’s small community and seemed like they would be able to provide more personal care, but they seem to take a long time to answer the pull cord during the evenings. They raved about their food and how good it was, that turned out to not be accurate. So we are very disappointed in those areas. However recently changed the carpeting and put new furnisher in. They also offer a computer class for the residents.

Dedicated building. Total # residents...

Dedicated building. Total # residents in mem unit: 15. All inclusive. Nurse 6-7 pm. Dr. onsite 1 day/week. Transportation to doctor appt included but must provide an aid.

Brookdale Boca Raton offers a beautiful Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and dementia care community for seniors.As a resident, you’ll enjoy a friendly environment where common living areas, an inviting dining room and a warm kitchen naturally draw people together. In your private apartment, you will have all the comforts of home, and with the addition of your personal furniture and cherished possessions, it’s sure to be an even brighter place.