Ventura Place Retirement - Lubbock, TX

Mom Loves it here

I love this community for my mom she already had friends at this place and felt right at home. They keep her room clean and fresh. They help her with her laundry so she could still be independent. The food is lovely also 3 meals a day. She loves the activities here like playing dominoes and then they have local music entertainers that come too. And she really loves that they have a weekly meeting for the residents to address any concerns.

Settling in and making friends

I am still settling in and getting to know my way around, I have already started making new friends and checking out the many amenities they offer here. I like my apt and enjoy going out to the courtyard area and visiting with the other residents. The dining room is very nice and the food is very good too. There has been some turnover in the staffing and several of us have requested that they add more staff at the front desk during the evening hours as I had a very hard time getting back into the building one evening after
7 pm and there was no one there to help me and during the day there is not someone at the front should guest come. I would definitely recommend this community and taking their tour here,

Horrible place for your loved one!

My parent passed away and we were presently out-of-state and were told verbally on the phone that her room would be sealed and no one allowed inside. When we arrived and were cleaning out her room, her wallet was missing from inside of her purse that she always kept on her bed. Also, two boxes of Belgium crystal and all of her jewelry from the 50's and 60's were missing. Even though the room was supposedly sealed, All of house keeping and all the office staff had keys to her room. Sealing a room when someone dies is a JOKE! The management at Ventura Place is also very rude! Would not recommend this independent living place to my worst enemy.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, My name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like the chance to learn more about and discuss your experience. Our team can be reached by email anytime at [removed], or by phone at [removed]. We hope to hear from you soon, and wish you a wonderful rest of your day. Thank you so much, -Katie

Still a Adjustment Process for Me, but A Great Community Overall

It has been a transition process for me with my move to this community, but this is a nice community. The staff is very nice, and polite. The meals are good. They do a good job with keeping everything nice, and well-kept. I'am still seeing if this is what I wanna do, Overall the community is wonderful, and I would recommend it.

My great care

I am very happy with this great community. I like the staff and they do everything to make you comfortable here. The community is clean and they offer great activities. The meals are healthy and I am happy with everything. I would recommend this community for great care and value.

So far, so good

In the two months my mom has lived here things have been good. There is one manager who doesn't follow through but the rest of the staff does a good job. They offer a shuttle service and my mother goes on group outings to eat at restaurants and shop. So far we are happy with Ventura Place

They have everything I need there.

I can not wait to move into this community. The staff have been very accommodating and have done everything they can to help me. The administrative staff have made the transition easy for me. I am able to bring my dogs and my piano. The food is excellent. They offer daily activities and a workout room. I had a good feeling when I walked in and I have already made friends. They make my family and friends feel welcome when they come by.

Good Community, My Mother Is Well Here

My mother is doing great here at this community. She is still independent, but she has access to help if she needs it. The community looks nice and well maintained. They do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff is friendly and polite. It has been a great experience and I would recommend this community.

Great Location!!

I would recommend this place they have great activities so far a choir has come in, there are kitchen activities, and bible study. The transitioning to the community for my mother has been good so far. The staff are friendly and attentive. The meals are nutritious they could use more seasoning to them but they are great.

Excellent Meals

My mother is doing very well here, I'am satisfied with everything they have done for us. It is a very well maintained community. For the most part they do a good job with the cleaning. She is slowly starting to get involved in the community. The food is excellent, all the meals I've tired have been great. I know she is in good hands and I would recommend it.

Fantastic Place!

I would consider Ventura Place for myself in the future. It's a fantastic place. It's clean. My mother is doing great there, she's really enjoying it. She's doing more than she used to. They keep busy with activities. Middle school kids come in and interact and play games with the residents. There's a church close by. The meals are great, my mother has gained weight. In between meals they have fruits and vegitables available.

Friendly staff

The facility itself is outdated, but the maintenance staff does keep it clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and professional. So far, things have been fine at Ventura Place and we have had a pleasant experience.

Great place.

I've been really impressed with Ventura so far. I know it's going to take a while before my mother in law is happy there, but they have all gone out of their way to make sure that she is included in activities, etc. The managers have been really helpful to us.

Fair Value for Independent Living

These are not current photos of Ventura. My mother lived here for two years before having to transfer to assisted living. Positives were her large living space and the meals. Negatives were the frequent change in management and the interior in general need of updating. This is a true "independent" living center. A home health business does have an office on site but they cannot perform the care of an assisted living center or nursing home. It may be difficult to age in place here.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, thank you for taking time to leave a review. This gives us specific feedback on how to improve Ventura Place and we're very appreciative of your suggestion. I've passed your feedback on to our Resident Relations team.

Thanks,
Katie

Very pleased

Everything is going wonderful. We absolutely love the facility. The facility is clean, the workers from the maintenance workers to the nurses are great, and the place is very well run and maintained. Very pleased.

I Love It Here

Well after I had been here for a little while, I went up to the staff and I told them that if It had known Ventura Place Retirement had been this good, I would have come sooner. It is that good of a facility.

I am fairly new here. I told management recently that "If I had known it was going to be this good, I would have gotten here sooner." Management laughed and said, "They all say that." Life is good here.

The management is horrible. The management is rude to residents and guest. My Mom's apartment was not cleaned in weeks, and then when we were moving her out, they went into her apartment and threw things away before we were completely moved. We still had 3weeks to complete the move. Probably $500.00 worth of fencing was gone, her perfumes, make-up, hairspray, cleaning supplies, etc. The management told me not to use the trash cans in the laundry room because they didn't want to take the trash to the dumpster.

Hi Telena,
I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. First, I'm sorry to hear that your mom had a negative experience at Ventura Place. Second, these are some pretty hefty claims. We'd like to know more. Please call our Resident Relations department, if you haven't done so already, at [removed].

Thanks,
Katie

great food, great place

The food there is really great. It also happens to be at a great location for us. It has been a really good solution for us.

They are $2250 for 1 BR now...

They are $2250 for 1 BR now. Says they are worth it with all they offer. He will have a studio for $1750 but only 400 sq ft.

Fantastic Food and Lots of Activities

So far, since we've been here, it's been the best! The staff are very friendly, they just turn over often. We haven't participated in the activites yet becasue we're still trying to get unpacked and get everything hung and downsize. They have all kind of games, ice cream socials, entertainment three times a month a pool table and quite a few other things going on. The food is fantastic! It really is.

Now quit as high as some but a cottag...

Now quit as high as some but a cottage studio is 1999. I toured and it was nice but to small for the amount asked.

Conveniently located in a quiet residential neighborhood close to shopping and state-of-the-art medical facilities, Ventura Place is a beautiful home deep in the heart of Texas.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind