Brookdale Shadow Hills - Lubbock, TX

Brookdale Shadow Hills - Lubbock, TX has yet not published prices.

Search elsewhere! Say no to Brookdale Shadow Hills

Terrible communication! They are not responsive to resident needs. They do not follow through with commitments. Security, safety, and cleanliness subpar!!

Brookdale Shadow Hills in Lubbock is awesome!

This facility shows genuine care and feelings for their residents. The staff goes out of their way to make all feel at home. The kitchen staff and the cook plans all their delicious meals daily. The administration goes beyond in planning activities to encourage residents to stay active and socialize. Another important aspect is how clean the room and building is kept. If looking for a facility for a loved one, you should consider this one.

We Made the Right Choice

The staff are overall good, there is one night person who makes it hard for my mom. The nurse does not follow doctor's limitation and tells mom that she is able to. I can tell when they have activities, my mom gets happy. Her favorite is group exercise and crafting. Just to know she is happy, out and about is important to us. She also goes to church services, The meals are good and they started introducing different choices for dinner. The lunch is wonderful. I have recommend people to them. The residents are welcoming and very nice. I love the size of the facility. I also like the flexibility of the plan for care charges, no big problem when making changes.

My nice tour

I liked this community when I visited. The community seemed clean and the people I met were nice. They offer transportation and a variety of activities.

We like the service and the care takers that were coming to our home. She was reliable and trustworthy. I am glad to know that they were able to help with personal needs for my mom. She was always very helpful and we found that she availale as needed. We would recommend this service for families looking for someone to come into there home to help with a loved one.

Starting Out Well

The care is going fine and like most places there are some issues but they are taking good care of my mom. They have been real good to straighten things out. They are honest and willing to work with me. The medication aids people really care about her. We had to do something fast and we appreciate the help very much from A Place For Mom.

I would recommend this community to family and friends!!

Mom is starting to participate in some of the activities offered at Brookdale Shadow Hills. The food I would give a 3 but the rest of the community is great. The staff are open, friendly and very good. I cannot complain about the cleanliness of this community.

Food Was Great

This is an okay community. The community needs a lot of updating. My tour of the community went well. The staff was very nice and friendly. They answered all my questions and was very informative. We had a meals during our tour, and the food was great. I enjoyed my tour of this facility.

Very Satisfactory

I really enjoyed the things that they have to offer as activities. We are having a little medical problem going on right now, but that doesn't have anything to do with the staff. Overall it has been very satisfactory. I found the nurses to be easy to work with. So far it has been a pleasant experience.

Met with Exec Dir and really liked the responses we received to all questions. The Studio is a bit small and the 1BR a bit too large. But this one is on the list of possibilities.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think things have gone well at Brookdale Shadow Hills. The staff here are friendly and helpful, and the facility itself is well kept and clean for the most part. We did have a few maintenance issues when we moved our loved one in. The air conditioner in her room did not work, and there were a few little things like loose baseboards that needed to be fixed. They had all that cleared up within a few days, however!

We love it

We love it. We think it's awesome. I would recommend it anybody. Everything has been great at the Brookdale Shadow Hills. We are really loving it. My mother is very comfortable and happy here. It is very nice.

Very nice place!

I think they do a fantastic job at Brookdale Shadow Hills! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take great care of the people who live here! They keep my loved one very active and busy, and she really seems to have settled in well. The nurse here is really on top of things, as well. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking in the area!

Excellent community

Our experience with Cottage Village has been absolutely fantastic so far. I'd give them top marks across the board. The way they've handled every issue we've brought up has been fantastic, they bend over backwards to make sure everything is just the way you need it. I would recommend them highly to anyone looking into senior living.

Like it so far

My loved one really likes living here so far. The place is kept very clean and the staff are all friendly. The only main complaint is the food. She says that the meals are not very balanced and that they could maybe add more fresh fruits or vegetables. Other than that, though, everything has been great and she is really liking it here.

Happy Here

They are very friendly. They do a pretty good job, but sometimes I think they could do a little better with the care services. I like everything about it, the food is good, the service is good most of the time. They are going through a rough spell and it's been pretty rough lately with the staff not knowing what is going on and not knowing what they're supposed to. That's just been recent, not ongoing. I think that made it easy to transition is that I sold my house so I couldn't go back and I'm trying to make the best of what is here. It's a good place to be. If I can't be in my house, I am happy being here.

I love the staff they are very friendly.

I love the staff they are very friendly. He eats there all the time, when I've eaten there it's been great. I would give the food a four. There are a couple of things I keep hearing: the temperature is either very warm or very cold, the controls are locked in the halls and it heats and cools three residents' rooms, so it would be helpful if each room has it's own control, also when they bring the medication, they don't always replenish the cart of what he has for the day, so they don't give it to him. I did hear that they have a new medication aide. They are very friendly people, but I don't feel like they are on top of it, they don't tell me until he runs out. Sometimes when he pushes the button they will take 20 minutes, not always, but sometimes. It is pretty clean, and cheerful, and I like his room, it's kind of cozy, it's been updated, and isn't depressing.

$1500-$3000 and might offer ...

$1500-$3000 and might offer specials this month. Close to Walmart & golf course. Offers Independent and Assisted and Memory

My Second Choice

It was really good. Cottage Village was my second choice but the location, compared to my office and home, was not as conducive or convenient as another place.

I really like Tanya, the woman I dealt with. She was really really helpful and helpful with no strings attached. They also have a lot of the cooks that came from Furrs Pie Kitchen when it closed down. That was something that I think my dad would have liked.

Quite Impressed

I was very pleased. They took very good care of my husband. It's all expensive but they were very nice. I didn't have any complaints at all. The staff was extremely friendly and watched after their residents. I was most impressed with that.

Like being at home

We are really happy with Cottage Village. Our loved one is really happy here and likes living here. It is like living at home, it is very comfortable and warm. Everyone here is very sweet and caring. Everything has just been great. We would recommend Cottage Village to anyone; in fact we already have recommended them.

Pet Friendly

The staff is really friendly and is very helpful they always do the best they can to meet with you. They assisted my father in planting a personal garden right outside his apartment. They helped him by painting where the sprinklers were and let him borrow tools. This community is also pet friendly and will allow putting up a fence to keep the pets. My father took a bottle of Tabasco sauce inside the dining area and when he went back in a different day every table had a bottle of Tabasco. When he was going to this community he would say he would not eat the food and now if he is with me he asks what dinner plans are so if it does not sound good he will go back and eat at the community. The dining area is more like a restaurant they have menus and offer a big variety of choices. My mother is in an associated community and Cottage Village offers shuttles to and from her location. I feel like I got the best possible value that I could find and my father really likes it now.

We looked at this facility and really...

We looked at this facility and really loved it.

Brookdale Shadow Hills is next door to a golf course. And even if you don't play, you can appreciate the beautiful view and inviting country-style atmosphere of our community. Here you can enjoy a brisk afternoon walk on our beautifully landscaped path. Everything here is designed to enhance the individual lifestyles of our residents - Cottage Village provides plenty of tempting choices. One of our most popular pastimes is sitting around the grand piano listening to music, singing along or taking part in a variety of music-related activities.

While many of our residents enjoy an independent retirement living lifestyle, we also provide assisted living services, offering residents support whenever needed with the activities of daily living.

We hope you'll come to visit us soon and experience the Cottage Village lifestyle for yourself.