Brookdale Medi Park West - Amarillo, TX

Brookdale Medi Park West - Amarillo, TX has yet not published prices.

Not a full service assisted living facility

My Mom lives here currently, and things are going well, however, they didn’t provide the full assisted living care that my Dad needed so we moved him out. The staff is pretty responsive with any questions I have and have been very congenial. The food is fair, there are a lot of options Mom can choose from, but I think the quality has gone down a little bit since my parents moved in so I think it could be better. They offer a few activities like exercise classes, movies, and shopping trips. For the care my Mom has received, I would recommend this place.

Care and comfort

I am happy with the car from this community.ythe staff is nice and always caring. The community is clean, but they need to make some changes in the menu. They have activities which are helpful. This is a nice environment for care. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

For Me

This is a very pleasant community and I am happy with them.Everything is fine and I eat 3 meals a day and it is wonderful. I have been to a few exercise classes and they offer many activities but my time is limited here so I have not tried everything yet. I picked them because they are convenient for me to get to the VA nursing home to see my husband.

I loved it. Thanks for all the help. It's hard to know what we are going to do. She changes her mind every minute. I will get back with you guys when we make a decision.

I toured!

When I was searching for a place, I toured Brookdale Medi Park West. The facility was nice, it was in good shape and everyone was friendly. It was a good experience, but not what I was looking for.

Tour Went Very Well, Nice Community

I toured this community for my father, and his needs. My tour went well overall. The community was clean, and everything looked nice. The woman that was supposed to give me the tour was busy, so the administrator jumped right in to give me my tour. He was informative, and all my questions were answered. The experience was a nice one.

Pleasant Residents!!

My mother has been very happy since she made the move into this community. She has had no complaints about the food and loves to participate in some of the activities they have to offer with the other residents. Overall we have had a pleasant experience so far and are looking forward to what the future holds.

Wonderful Tour!!

I have no complaints about the tour my loved one and I received at this community. The staff was very welcoming and made sure to take there time and answer any questions my dad and I had for them in detail. I think overall everything they offer is wonderful, I just needed more memory care for my father then this place had to offer.

I Took A Tour!

The Brookdale Medi Park West was a very nice community that had a lot to offer. Their tour guide was very attentive with me and answered all of my questions. I didn't like that every service they had was an additional add on. If my loved one needed medications administered that was an ad on. The bedrooms were nice i liked the set up of them. Meal plans were available for the residents.

My Expectations Were Met!!

I was looking for a place that would have various activities available and this place definitely had that. Some activities consisted of bingo, brain fitness, and stretching classes. The tour guide was nice and showed me all around the community including bedrooms and dinning room. I thought everything was fairly organized and well put together.

A great place to live.

I love this community. The staffing is wonderful. The food is good, but needs a little improvement. The activities are great. I highly recommend community to others for good care.

Very Responsive Staff, This Is A Lovely Community

It has been a lovely experience for my mother here at this community. The community looks great, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They staff has been very helpful and responsive. They have a full calendar of activities available for the residents. She hasn't complained about the food. She does feel safe here, and I know she is in good hands. I would recommend this community, it has worked out very well for us.

great place for my Mom

My mother loves it there. Her apt is very spacious and light. They even installed laminate flooring since her little dog pees a lot. The food is fair and seems very monotonous, Lots of salt and not real healthy. Not sure if they have special dietary meal plans or not. She has not joined any activities, so I'm not sure about that. She has gone on several trips on the van to Walmart and has gotten rides to Dr. Appts. which is helpful.

Mom has not been this happy in a long time!

The community at Brookdale Medi Park West is very nice. We really like the location it is very close to family. Mom is loving the community. She is fitting in very well and is enjoying all the activities offered. She likes to join in on the Church services. The staff are doing a wonderful job communicating with the family. They are extremely friendly and mom really likes them.

Beautiful roses!

Brookdale Sleepy Hollow is a very clean community and well kept. It had a very nice welcoming atmosphere. They have a gardening area for the residents to work in. It is in the center of the community with the most beautiful roses. The staff that showed me around were really nice.

Nicest people in the whole world!

Brookdale Medi Park West is a wonderful community! The staff are very friendly. They make everyone feel comfortable and welcome. They offer a variety of activities to participate in. The residents are very happy people!

The cost is way to high!!!

I would not advise Brookdale to anyone. They knew our financial situation and they did everything they could to price us out. My wife needs a little more care and when they offered to transfer her to the other building the price was so high we could not afford it so we are moving out. I feel the staff are only in this to make money and it is not about the residents.

Hurry and give us your money

My husband and I felt that they rushed my dad into signing up. Had to sign contract prior to the end of the month to get "the good deal" BUT he ended up paying for half of a month that he was not in the facility. I think they should have prorated the rent until he could move in.

No Complaints

This is a nice, clean, good community. My mom has been staying here and she is doing well and she seems to be happy. The staff are helpful and caring for my mom. My mom has room with weekly cleaning. The food in the beginning did not do well with my mom but now she likes the food. The staff invite Mom to many activities through out the day. So far its been a good experience and I have already recommended this community and that person now lives here too!

More low vision activities for residents.

I would like to see more activities for low visioned residents throughout the day. It appears after 3;00pm it is mostly card games and puzzles.

A special place

We couldn't be happier with Brookdale Medi Park West.
The facility is beautiful. The activities are varied and numerous. The staff always helps-they're caring and professional. If Mom can't be home, this is a special place for her to be.

So far I have been really pleased with the staff.

So far I have been really pleased with the staff. I think it's going to be a good thing. One thing we are really pleased about Brookdale, is that everywhere we go people have good things to say about them. They had the best floor plan for us, and we were able to keep her caregiver. They have been very accommodating.

Recommend everyone go here

My Grandmother is still adjusting, she is little confused, but doing great at Brookdale Medi Park West. She is enjoying it and has made a few friends, she has them come to her room and hang out, since she still isn't too sure about participating in the activities for everyone. The staff go above and beyond and are very helpful. My Grandmother is picky about what she will eat and the food is wonderful. I recommend everyone to go there. In fact my Aunt and Mom's boss have both moved in there now.

Very nice place!

Our loved one has only been here a brief time, but so far our experience has been a very positive one! I toured quite a few communities in the area, and for the price Brookdale Medi Park West provides some very nice sized apartments, as well as a great set of amenities. The staff has been very friendly and helpful throughout the whole process. It's just a very nice place, overall!

Awesome

Great help! Very supportive. My mom really likes it and it was a smooth transition. No matter how you look at it, it's hard moving your aging parents without a lot of worries. I feel so much better knowing my mom is in a safe place that she likes. Answered all my questions. Would highly recommend!

Very pleased.

Wonderfully friendly and helpful but not aggressive. Gave us all the info and guided tour then left us to make our decision in private at a delicious luncheon.

This is a really nice place, staff really nice and caring. Beautiful building and rooms.

having a blast

Dad is having a blast at Brookdale Medi Park West. Layna has been extremely helpful to us. She is good about calling back when we have questions or need help. The staff and the residents that live there are very nice. The residents really like living there. Overall it has been a really good experience.

above and beyond

They really went above and beyond to take care of my mother. It was one of the best experiences we have dealt with in this process. Even though she has moved out they still stay in contact with us to see how she is doing.

did not get what we thought

The higher ups at Brookdale Medi Park West are not so friendly. We did not get what we thought we were getting at all. They changed who owns the place by the time we moved mom in. Mom is there independently but they told her they would help her a long and they haven't. Mom does enjoy the activities. They used to serve really good food at this facility and now they don't. A lot of residents are complaining about that. The staff seem to want family to stay away to integrate her but they really seem to not be doing a good job of it. They wouldn't let mom bring her bird feeder which really meant a lot to her and they have let other residents bring theirs. The staff is not available for anything we need. I feel like they have us in and have our money and now they are done taking care of us!

Mixed experience

We've had somewhat of a mixed experience so far with Brookdale Medi Park West. It is a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff all seem very friendly. However, it doesn't quite have the level of care we were hoping for. We had a talk with them, and they've been very accommodating in regards to trying to get my loved ones level of care where we would like it.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time share your feedback.

Beautiful apartment and grounds. We were able to meet several staff members and visit with residents.

A Very Nice Place

My Mom was at Emeritus at Canyonview Estates for a short time. They were not able to provide the level of care that Mom needed. It seemed that they displayed the ability to provide the care needed, then when it was time to move in, they did not provide that care. It seemed to me that they were interested in having Mom move in more than her needs. There were lots of misunderstandings. They first announced that the furniture in her unit was included, until move in time, when it was available for purchase. Mom was not given a tour before moving in nor after she moved in. This is crucial for residents after they sign up. Overall this is a great community but not suited for our needs.

excellent choice, excellent staff.

From the first phone call to the time we walked in, the staff is very friendly and very helpful. The staff makes sure they quickly learn everyone's name, including the dog's. The rooms are spacious and totally remodeled after the prior resident moves out. You are allowed to move your own furniture in. You can hang anything on the walls you would like, from pictures to a cabinet you brought from home. There are many different activities scheduled every day. The food is excellent with two different menu choices at each meal. There is even a private dining room you can reserve when family comes to visit. My Mom was very reluctant to make the move and since she has been there she loves it. You can customize the care you would like to have, like reminders for meals and activities for the day. My Mom has really flourished since she has moved in.

Nice place

my father has only been in there a week, but thus far everything has been great. he praises the food - which is the biggest part for him.

Enjoys the activities as well.

We had a fantastic experience.

We had a fantastic experience. The staff explained everything. The apartments feel more like homes. They have a lot of activities for Mom

Really beautiful place. Mom wanted to be closer to where she lives now but this would have been my first choice if I were choosing.

The Emeritus at Canyonview is great! ...

The Emeritus at Canyonview is great! I have no complaints.I'm satisfied with the cleanliness of the facility, the care provided, the friendliness of the staff, just everything is great.

We are very pleased.

We are very pleased. We went in for respite care, and they are going to be moving in permanently soon. The food is really good. However they don't accommodate special diets on the independent living side. When we come and go everything is really clean, and smells clean too. The people are very nice.

10 out of 10

I toured several assisted-living facilities in the Amarillo area. Canyonview Estates was the best, not only for their physical plant and amenities, but also the staff. Staff members were extraordinarily helpful. I highly recommend this facility.

Started out good but has gone downhill since changing hands.

We were here for a few years, and this community changed hands a few times. In the beginning there were more services in the beginning, and the staff was more friendly. In the end things started to go downhill. The food wasn't very good, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good and fresh. It was hard to find an open washer or dryer when it's time to do laundry too.

Liked this one

Liked this one

We are very pleased.

We are very pleased. I've eaten there a couple of times and I would say it was about a 4. My brother is there more than I am but he was very pleased with everything. We have other Emeritus communities around here and I have heard good things from those too, so I think it's a pretty good organization.

Excellent

We looked at this place for my mother. It is an excellent place. Probably the facilities itself, of course they're newer, and they were better but their Alzheimer's unit was a little too free for what we needed for my mother.

Beautiful rooms, nice atmos...

Beautiful rooms, nice atmosphere, clean and kept up well. The tenants looked well and happy to be there.

Brookdale at Canyonview Estates concept embraces much more than a superior setting. It's also a comprehensive package of thoughtful services designed to free you from the demands of everyday chores, while offering you the advantage of extra assistance, should you ever need it.