I liked that they were personable. Upfront with cost. Called me the day they received the info that I would be coming. Liked the Studio apart very much

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

This place smelled really bad.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, we would like to get some more details about your experience with us. Please reach out to us at [removed] to further discuss this. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

This will probably be our choice but it's hard to know what to do. She changes her mind every minute. We will probably have to bring her back to get her to make up her mind. Thanks for having us & all the help.

I love it here!

I am doing very well since my move into this community. They have housekeeping clean once a week and everyone is very nice. They have a large variety of activities available such as bingo 3 days a week and they do have people coming out and singing, there is a lot to be done. We have a shuttle that could take us anywhere. They drop you off and when you're ready to be picked up, they come for you.

My brother's home

We like the care that our brother is getting from this community. My family likes know that the staff are very kind and helpful to his needs. The meals are appealing and he is adjusting. They offer activities for him to be active. We find the community to be clean and we would recommend this community for the value and the care for loved ones .

Nice place!

The Clairmont has a grand look to it. The reason we did not choose the place was for 2 reasons. One, we have not heard good things about the place, and two, they were a retirement home and my parents needed more assisted living.

Safe Place!!

One of the things that i liked was the safe atmosphere that this place presented. The guide that took me on a tour answered my questions and concerns. Unfortunately, the location didn't work very well with us but i really liked the layout and organization of this place. I felt that i got all the information needed including meal plans and activities offered.

Good Care for my mom!

This is a nice community. The staff is nice and helpful. The food seems to be good and a variety. The activites are really good. I would recommend this for other families for good care for a loved one.

Very nice community!

The staff that offered the tour at The Clairmont were very kind and friendly. They did a great job showing me around the community. It was nicely kept and updated. The community seemed to be very clean throughout. The community was not as active with activities like we noticed at other communities in the area. This community was a little farther from family than we wanted.

Mom Stayed For A Few Days

I was able to have my mom live at this community. It was a very short stay because we found that my mom needed more nursing care. During the brief time, the staff were very kind and helpful. The food looked good and fresh. After we decided to move my mom out, the management did not charge me for the months in our agreement and I was pleased with the way they handled our situation. I was glad with the care provided here.

Bad experience

Our initial visit to the Clairmont met our expectations but the incidents that followed after we're not acceptable. I think family or a friend should help make the decision for the elderly as we took him to see the place and researched it for him especially as there is power of attorney in place. They should have someone present when signing a lease and if not be very sure the elderly is competent to sign and has full knowledge of what they are signing and paying for. I believe they were trying to get their quota for the month and pressured him to sign without anyone present. There were also things told that were not true. Because of this we will not recommend the Clairmont to anyone and will continue to look for another place. We also have not gotten the $800.00 upfront money back at this time and they are trying to hold us to a three month lease when we spoke to them on Monday after the document was signed late Saturday and no keys were given or no possession taken of the unit.

Everything is good.

Everything is good. I would give them a five at this point. We are happy with them so far.

pretty happy there

Mom likes it at The Clairmont. She likes the people. She likes the food. She is pretty happy there. She has no complaints about the facility.

Loved it! Like walking into your home. Great people, staff, and adored the chief. Can't say enough about it. Loved the size of the rooms! Great, great, great!

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at The Clairmont. The staff seem friendly and attentive, and they do a good job taking care of the people who live here. For the most part the community seems clean and well kept, although some of the hallways smell like people have been smoking in them.

So far I don't have any complaints.

So far I don't have any complaints. I can't read the menu, they don't call it what it is, but for the most part it's okay. Everybody is real friendly. The people that work there, and the people that live there all get along pretty well.

We are extremely pleased

My mother has been here for a little over a month. We are extremely pleased. We're especially impressed with the food. I have only one concern. I realize that it's a retirement center and not a rehab, but if the van had a handicap accessible lift at times, some of those people would use it. I have seen that not only with my mother but with others. They are not able to get on the van. It would make it more appealing to them. That's my only concern.

Awesome Retirement Apartments

Wonderful apartment for my stepfather. I couldn't be happier with everything. He seems so happy and I know he is safe and secure. I would recommend the Clairmont to everyone.

Dishonest Sales Tactics

BEWARE OF SALES TACTICS. I can't rate the overall fairly but, we visited late Oct but Mom not ready to move until March which I explained to sales agent over the phone in Nov. They invited her to lunch Nov 30, told her that her apt was vacant and ready and she could try it out for 90 days and move home if she didn't like it and the kicker "It was what I WANTED!!!" She is 87 and was confused by them. They pushed her into signing a lease and even wrote out the checks for her to sign. I found out, called immediately to cancel and they said I had to call corp. Called 4 days in a row, finally a call back from regional director and he refused to refund her money of over $1800, a partial month. Still fighting them. Dishonest, money hungry, needing to fill apts does not look after the best interest of residents in my opinion. Mom will NEVER step foot in a Holiday Retirement facility anywhere in the country. They lost thousands over a short term lease since she most likely would have moved there in March so we could sell her home. I'm disgusted.

Everything here has been great so far! The staff have all been very friendly and helpful, and the other residents are all very nice. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they've got an excellent dining service! We're very happy with it overall, and we would recommend it to anyone!

Not so much

I want to be fair about this but our tour fell apart before it ever began. We arrived at the specified time, walked in and we're hit by a very strong "nursing home" odor. We walked to the office and we're greeted by a sign stating "In conference, please do not disturb". We waited about ten minutes then left without talking to anyone from the facility's management team.
We did have a brief discussion with a very nice resident who said he was quite happy there and we saw many other residents who seemed quite content. We also noticed a bingo game in progress and the look of the lobby was nice enough. Still, given the strong odor and lack of acknowledgment I can not imagine taking my mother there.
To be fair I did receive a call the following day from the Clairmont saying they had been waiting for us but didn't see us. Did I use the wrong entrance? It's possible but I don't think so. I may set up another visit as I really do want to be fair about this.

My experience with The Clairmont was ...

My experience with The Clairmont was not a good one. The people there are really nice, and the residents can have pets there. My mom is terminally ill. We paid over $2,000 so my mom could get into an apartment. She only lasted three days there, and due to her health condition, she had to move to a skilled nursing facility. Even in my mom's condition, they required a 30 day notice, which was impossible to give. The hospice doctor even wrote them a letter that stated my mom needed to leave there to go to a skilled nursing facility. It made no difference to them whatsoever. They were cold hearted, and we felt it was all about the money to them. Not being able to give a 30 day notice before move out means more money owed. I don't have control of my mom's health, so there was no way for me to be able to give them a 30 day notice. My mom was bed ridden, and when I went to visit, all her meals were in styrofoam containers, stacked up, untouched, therefore she did not eat. Not a good experience for us at all.

The big deficient was that the food w...

The big deficient was that the food was very high in carbs with large portions. Such a diet can lead to obesity and there were plenty of residents with this concern. They also had really high pressure marketing - with you have to did it today kind of pressure.

They do a pretty comprehensive job.

The chef is excellent and the housekeepers are really good, and the staff is wonderful. We are pretty happy with it. They do a pretty comprehensive job. We liked the location, they were very good about giving us full disclosure and it was all what we looking for, and what they said it would be.

made to feel very welcome. ...

made to feel very welcome. nice facility. would definitely consider this property if we could afford it.

Liked this one. Number one ...

Liked this one. Number one choice

It was alright, not great. ...

It was alright, not great. Bad smell as we walked in and rooms are okay for the price.

Situated on beautiful grounds in Amarillo on the Texas Panhandle, you’ll love the tasteful elegance of our facilities and the convenience of our location. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and fun local attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind