Polo Park Estates - Midland, TX

The price per month is pretty high

I toured here when I was looking for a place to live. The lady that gave me the tour met me at the door and showed me around. I was able to talk with the other residents, but overall nothing really impressed me or jumped out at me as important. I didn’t notice anything out of place cleanliness wise, it looked nice and there weren’t any strange odors. I did eat lunch while I was there and it was good and seemed well balanced. I ultimately went with a different community based on the fact that the monthly price was just too high for me.

For The Most Part All Is Well For My Parents In This Community

My parents are doing pretty well since their move into this community. They are safe, and in good hands. The have a good, friendly staff, and they are taking good care of them. For the most part everything is working out well, and this is a community I would recommend. The experience is going well for us in this community.

great care

We are very happy with the great care from this community. We are happy to see that this community is clean and maintained. We like the menu and the great community. The activities are very helpful and she is enjoying being actives with the other residents. We like the atmosphere and would recommend this community for the great care and value to another family.

Pleased with My Mother's Move to This Community

My mother is doing very well here at this community. She able to keep her independence, and have access to help if she needs it. The staff is kind, and friendly. They do a good keeping the community well maintained. Everything is working out very, and this is a community I would recommend. It is a really nice community.

My brother's great care here.

My brother is under great care here. The staff is wonderful and caring. He is happy with the meals and the variety. They have alot of great activities for him to stay active. We would highly recommend this community to other families.

Moving mom to this community was a great decision!!

Mom loves Polo Park and feels that moving to this community was the best decision she has ever made. She likes the staff as they are friendly and helpful. The food is good and they offer a variety of healthy choices. They have so many daily activities and mom really enjoys participating in them.

I was just tickled to death with this community!!!

My mom was at Polo Park for a short time as her condition required more care than this community could give her. The nursing staff and the support staff were great. They offered good healthy food choices and brought food to her room when she was not able to go down to eat. They kept the community spotless and I wish she was still able to live there.

A Wonderful Place

They just seem to be very attentive and if I have a problem and I can not get up there they will check on my loved one for me. The dining experience is good, the food is good. I just think it is a wonderful place with all the activities.

3 stars

Timely repairs need to be addressed more timely and remidied.

Enhance facility

The telephone/emergency system needs more attention.
Plumbing is an issue on mainline/faucet supply and condition.
An appropriate RO system for the facility would greatly inhance operations and help solve expense due to continuous leaking faucets.
Large pile of broken chairs within the dining area is a sore site and caused some interference of movement of residents.
Staff are wonderful, although I believe they need help from a budget standpoint to make Polo Park excel.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thank you so much for your sincere review - we take safety very seriously here and I know that our Corporate Health & Safety Manager wants to hear feedback like this firsthand. I've passed your concerns on to him and our Resident Relations team for their review. Please know that you're welcome to call them as well at [removed].

Thanks again,
Katie

Good Home for Seniors

Polo Park is a lovely home for Seniors. It is Independent living but they offer extra help through home health care. I felt there were some inconsistencies in what I was told, regarding prices and services, in the beginning and then things changed with pricing after my Mother got moved in. The food and dining experience is great. They have a lot of activities. They don't seem to offer much assistance, meal reminders etc, unless extra money is paid. They are going through management change right now so things are a little unsettled. Overall, Mom seems very happy to be there and has made the adjustment well. My sister did stay with her and help her for the first 3 weeks to get settled in. Mom also has Home Health care visits weekly ordered by her Doctor and we pay an additional fee for Home Health care for medication dispensing. They did accommodate our family with an apartment (for a few days) to stay in and meals while they were there helping Mom. Overall good but be certain to verify details before signing contract - I.e. We were told Mom could have meals in her room. However, it cost $5.00 a meal for this, which we weren't informed till later. Their pricing made our Mom's stay possible without feeling we were forced to place her in a nursing home at this time. Again, overall a clean and well maintained home. They try hard to accommodate as much as they can.

Five Stars

It is a great facility so far. The staff is caring and also lets you do independent stuff so you dont have to rely on them but their there if you need them or need help with someone. The facility is not to bad expensive you get your money worth for sure. They try and help you get to where you can do things on your own and is very considerate and caring.

exceptional staff

They have an exceptional staff here at Polo Park Estates. I do somewhat resent having to pay three times what my house payment was before I came in here. But I know that there is not much they can do about that as they have expenses to cover and most places like this are about the same price, I believe.

I do wish that they would let us make suggestions to the chef for meals as opposed to having directives for what we eat come down through corporate.

Nice place.

Excellent, hard working staff. Acceptable meals. Lots of activities if they appeal to you. Great transportation.

Nice place

Things have been good here overall. It's a nice looking, well run community, and we haven't heard anything negative from our loved one so far.

Really helped

My MIL had been having short-term memory issues, and it was no longer safe for her to live alone. This was a huge decision, since she was an old-fashioned woman, going from her mother's house to her husband's, and had lived in the same house since the 70's.

Polo Park was an answer to our prayers. Not only was it clean, friendly, social, and beautiful, the manager, Judy Pardo is a loving, supportive, patient person, who allayed my MIL's fears. Really, she is a saint. Kudos to Holiday for hiring such a top-notch employee. You can't pay someone to care...but Judy does. She puts her heart into the community, and breathes life into it. A wonderful woman.

Built on beautifully landscaped grounds in a quiet corner of the affluent, oil-rich town of Midland, you’ll love the comfort we offer in the heart of Texas. We’re close to shopping, healthcare, dining and wonderful regional attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind