Van Duyn Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing- Syracuse, NY

Van Duyn Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing- Syracuse, NY has yet not published prices.

• 24 hour care
  • IV Therapy
  • Special Diet Preparation
  • Behavioral Psychiatrist Available
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Religious Services
  • Speech Therapy
  • On-site physical therapy
  • Short Term Rehab

Not good enough

I have three words that sum up my feelings on the quality of service and care (or lack thereof) being offered to long term care residents at Van Duyn; NOT GOOD ENOUGH! When Van Duyn's new corporate ownership changed the facility's name from “Van Duyn Home and Hospital” to "Van Duyn Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing," to me, it was reflection of a renewed focus. The 7th floor was formerly a cafeteria where residents could once take a break with their friends and families. Now, the 7th floor is the location for rehabilitation services instead. My observation of staff members and their observed dedication to providing the highest standard of care for residents leads me to the conclusion that my loved ones would benefit from a different facility with a different focus. Van Duyn is (too many) uncaring, unskilled individuals with no manners, decency or work ethic. Aides that sit around talking while call lights are on and patients are calling out for help because that’s “not their resident,” phones that go unanswered as anxious family members are desperately trying to find out if their loved ones are ok. While I understand that there is a degree of emotional detachment that those in health care need to possess, what I witnessed at Van Duyn was a shameful display of lack of compassion and respect. Empathy is in short supply and it is reflected in the quality of care. I would highly recommend that should Van Duyn be the facility you or your loved one chooses for long term care services, that you stay observant, keep a log of everything and do not hesitate to contact the Department of Health if you need to file a complaint.

My physical and occupational therapy was real good, hopefully because of their help I can stay home! One of my CNAs, [name removed] made my stay more comfortable. I really enjoyed the Happy Hour that the Recreation department puts on.

Very compassionate

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review!

New days at Van Duyn

Van Duyn is making great strides in making someone's stay there a positive experience. Renovated areas are attractive and inviting, a departure from the typical sterile settings one often finds in such a facility. More importantly, I encountered friendly staff during my visit.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you so much for your review. We are so blessed to have such an amazing team of staff members who do their best to make you comfortable here at Van Duyn. We really appreciate your feedback.

Some of the staff are really great- they truly care about the patients. On the other hand, some are absolutely awful - they speak rudely at patients. It seems that the new administration is trying to improve conditions and they listen to patients’ families complaints and concerns.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Jennifer for your review. Here at Van Duyn we do our best to keep a friendly atmosphere and we feel terrible that you didn't feel that was the case. We really appreciate your feedback, and we will take it into account. Please reach out to us if we can do anything for you.

Review of Van Duyn Home & Hospital

The nursing staff was very good, the doctor was good and the food was good. My social worker was very nice and so was the concierge.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Brenda for your review. Here at Van Duyn we make sure you have the best experience, we really appreciate your feedback.

Review of Van Duyn Home & Hospital

At first I could have given this place a rating below 1 but I see the improvements and I can see they are trying to improve the food. The nurses are good and the doctor made me feel comfortable. Their therapy program is very, very good.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any previous inconvenience you may have encountered. We do our best to accommodate you here at Van Duyn.

Review of Van Duyn Home & Hospital

It was very nice here! The nurses were great and I thought the food was good. I loved therapy!

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Thelma for your review. Nothing makes us happier than knowing you had a great experience here at Van Duyn. We really appreciate your feedback.

Van Duyn In Syracuse Was Very Good Overall

My family would recommend Van Duyn even though my mother didn't participate in the activities. There are many things to do for the residents. We felt the therapy was good overall. The nursing staff were really nice, something amazing. The therapy department was great too.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Mary for your review and recommendation. Here at Van Duyn we do our best to provide you and your loved ones with the best possible care you deserve. We really appreciate your feedback.

Review of Van Duyn Center

I found the nurses and physicians were good. Therapy and concierge were excellent

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Tom for your feedback on our physicians and nurses at Van Duyn.

Review of Van Duyn Center

I was at Van Duyn for rehabilitation. My social worker was excellent, housekeeping did a great job and the food was good. It's a good place to come for care if you need it.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Bill for your feedback on our care. We are glad to be of service to you.

Van Duyn Rehab was great!

My med nurse, was someone that went above and beyond for me at Van Duyn Rehab. Therapy was perfect! I give my overall stay here a 10!

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Louann for your excellent review on our amazing therapy at Van Duyn Rehab.

My time at Van Duyn Center is very good.

Therapy done good, they helped me walk with a walker. Some of the aides and nurses are real good; I had [name removed] and [name removed] as aides in the evening and they were excellent. [name removed] was my med nurse and I just love her. Recreation activities were very good; the girls always come get me for something that's going on.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Louis for your response on our aides and therapy here at Van Duyn.

Review of Van Duyn Center For Rehabilitation And Nursing

My stay at Van Duyn center for nursing and rehabilitation was terrific. The housekeeping team can come clean my house anytime!

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Gloria G for the amazing feedback on the nursing, rehabilitation, and housekeeping here in Van Duyn.

Review of Van Duyn

The food was very good and the nurses are nice. Van Duyn is a nice place and very helpful.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Lily C for your nice response on our food, nurses, and beautiful atmosphere here in Van Duyn.

Review of Van Duyn

My stay at Van Duyn was productive. Therapy was good and so were the nurses.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Daisy for your comment on the therapy and productivity that takes place at Van Duyn.

Van Duyn's picturesque grounds, coupled with its outstanding views, make it the perfect setting to reside or recuperate while receiving superior care and services. With its homelike atmosphere, and unwavering commitment to each resident and family member, Van Duyn prides itself on consistently delivering the highest level of customer satisfaction