Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - Rensselaer, NY

Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - Rensselaer, NY has yet not published prices.

• Free Wifi
  • Long Term Care
  • Free Nourishment Stations
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Religious Services
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Medical Director on Staff
  • Short Term Rehab

Horrifying place

I was forced to watch my mom decompensate drastically over the course of almost 5 weeks. Facility staff failed to acknowledge cognitive decline And UTI in a timely fashion. We begged for help for weeks and reported my mom's decline and requested to speak with the facility MD also staff will offer to file a complaint to the director of nursing with a smile on their face as in this case but director of nursing failed to respond as well as facility MD. Facility staff left my mom crying in pain and unable to feed herself do to her decline. A Vital medical appointment was canceled by the facility during a crucial time. And refused to allow family to transport and assist my mom on her appointment.Eventually the family contacted 911 for evaluation and my mother was removed from the facility on [date removed] and on life support within hours. Facility failed to diagnose severe pneumonia sepsis and UTI While my mom displayed obvious signs. My mom died a few days later Of multiple organ failure due to sepsis after being at the facility for nearly five weeks. She also had a bed sore within a few weeks of being there. Facility contacted family a month later to collect the remaining payment. Most of the staff I came in contact with had no compassion for human life. The problems start with Administration. Nurses were a horrible example of quality Care. They were very cold and had no expression or sympathy while watching my mom shake and cry in pain the LPN said they have patience worse and that my mom will feel better after taking her pain medication that she could barely swallow at the time. By this time my mom was lethargic humming her words shaking and crying. We requested her fluids be drained from her body for a month as and nothing was done instead staff allowed fluids to fill her body leading to arm swelling and weeping of fluids. He waited over 3 weeks for staff to test for suspected UTI Which was confirmed when she arrived to the hospital.If you're thinking of sending your loved one here consider this review!!!

I was a resident for 2 months and was very happy with the care and therapy.
Common areas are a bit dated.

Judah Gutwein

Thanks Timo for your kind words regarding Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing!

Rooted in the solid tradition of providing quality care in a gracious environment, Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is an 80 bed facility that has become one of the finest rehabilitation and long-term facilities in the capital district. We are located conveniently off of I-90 within a tranquil and beautiful country setting, overlooking the Albany skyline!