Unlimited Possibilities Family Care Home 2 - Charlotte, NC

A Blessing

I found these homes nested off in Mint Hill on Thompson Rd. I was riding past the homes where I saw a Elevations signage in the yard so I pulled in hoping to be apart of the event but what I found was 4 homes turns out for the senior community, just what I was looking for! We drove up to the home on the hill and was approached by a caregiver who entered a code to the door and what I saw next was amazing. I found the home to be elegant and breathtaking for not just an elder patient but I wanted to move in! The residents were being engaged by the vibrate Activity Director and they were all nicely groomed. I asked for information on how I could get my grandmother into one of the homes and within 2 days I was toured and 14 days after I was able to move my grandmother in. I would like to say this post is 34 days after my grandmother has been there at UP and it still amazes me with the care that has been provided and the management team is AWESOME! I am happy for the day I drove past the homes and now my grandmother is somewhere she loves and so do we!!!

Think twice

Think twice about putting your loved ones at this facility. We were there for 4 years and the first couple years it was a great situation exactly what we were looking for and exactly what we were told we would get But as time went on there was constant employee turnover from management down to the caregivers communication was next to nothing no matter how many times you contacted someone in management they would not respond and with constant turnover with the caregivers because the employees were not treated well we're not paid well and didn't get overtime, breaks and sometimes work 12-hour shifts with no break. And the house was not maintained. I've seen the ceiling leak in the dining room, I've seen black mold growing where water has seeped in from the gutters that are never cleaned out, there's a sewer problem and sometimes the water is cut off and the cable never works and since the activities person doesn't really do anything all they do is sit there and watch TV which is not what we thought we were paying for. And then there started to be unexplained injuries since the caregivers did not communicate with each other no one could ever tell me what happened with bruising and skin tears and bumps and bruises that was very alarming and that's when we decided it was time to move. Often times I come to visit and the caregivers didn't have the supplies or food they needed. I'm posting this in October of 2016 please be very careful putting your money in this facility and especially your loved ones

[removed] owner of this business is a slum lord

The owner [removed] is a slum lord and treated my mother like dirt. We advise him and the staff her room had bed bugs and they refused to exterminate!! I came to visit my mother she had bites all over her and a rash her advise several complaints have been made and the owner refused to take care of it. I looked into this guy and he has properties all around the Charlotte area falling down and people said he is the worse landlord and code enforcement has been called several times. This guy even tried to illegally evict my mother after she paid him for the month. Please beware of this shady character!!!!!!!

Best Memory Care in Area!

We toured 7 different memory care facilities in and around Charlotte until we found Unlimited Possibilities. Both the City View hone and the Villages at Mint Hill were so different from all other MC facilities, even the ones costing much more. Unlimited Possibilities are each like individual luxury homes both only 6 patients each. Unlike the huge facilities they are so personal and truly like home. For my mother-in-law, this is the perfect place. Someone mentioned the neighborhood for City View wasn't the best- but it is just a lower middle class area and the City View home itself is on several acres in a beautiful setting. The Mint Hill location is on a former horse farm with lots of space around each home as well. Thank you Unlimited Possibilities.

James was very nice. The place was su...

James was very nice. The place was super clean, everyone was dressed and up when I got there at 10. Caregiver schedule is consistent. I don't like the neighborhood or location but the doors are locked and a key pad is needed for entry and exit. No place for 'family to visit' w/o including entire house.

We at Unlimited Possibilities at City View are passionate about providing high quality care for people with dementia. Our small home environment offers warmth and a lifestyle that is more comforting than larger settings. At City View, we are committed to addressing the specialized medical, physical and cognitive needs of adults with dementia in ways that enhance social connections, promote dignity, and honor individual preferences.

At City View, we focus on the “Four S’s” of dementia-care: Safety: Our secure City View home features every available safety feature to ensure that our residents are secure and protected, such as an alarm system and grab bars.

Stability: People with dementia benefit from a sense of stability, which is why establishing a regular routine for bathing, eating, sleeping, and other activities is so important.

Staff: Our caregivers are committed and caring professionals who are trained to deliver the specialized care that seniors with dementia require.

Services: At City View, we provide the utmost in medical care, as well as engage our residents in activities that are appropriate for people with dementia.