University House Wallingford - Seattle, WA

Options for care

We toured this community for the care. The staff is caring and friendly. The community is beautiful with a nice feeling when you arrived. We liked the activities and the menu. The care at this community has a lot to offer. We would suggest that families tour the community for the care that is needed

Jacob Almo

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our community, and wish you the best in your decision about the next place you will call home.

Welcoming Environment

They did well with getting my loved ones in quickly when they needed a place to go. I think they have done well with making them feel welcomed and the residents have been welcoming and inviting also. The only thing I think they can improve on is that setting up their cable TV took a while.

Home Away From Home

Twelve years ago, while still very active, my parents chose to sell their home and move into the University House at Wallingford. At that time my Mom wasn't sure she wanted to make the switch. But within no time, she was sure they had made the right decision. They loved and took advantage of many of the activities. They became involved in a number of committees, which introduced them to other residents who became close and long term friends.

They loved the choice of their dining program. And the staff, especially the dining room staff. grew to be like part of the family. Calls to them usually involved them keeping us up to date with the lives of all their new "grandchildren". One concern they had when they moved in was that they would no longer be able to host the family holiday dinners. University House solved that family problem quickly by always being ready to cater dinners, buffets, events right at the facility. Not always easy as they have ranged in sixe from 15-150 people. But they have always provided beautiful meals and friendly, helpful service.

The apartments are very comfortable and well kept, as are the main areas of the building. When I come from out of state and stay in the apartment I always feel welcome and at home. It also gives us comfort to know that this facility is one of the "emergency/disaster" centers in the Seattle area. It is good to know that even for an unplanned event, they are the safest spot.

Last year we lost our mother. During the last of her life the University House offered us options for multiple levels of care when she needed it. In her last days of hospice she was visited by some of her "kids" that had either graduated from school and left University House employment or still worked there. They had truly become family. She loved them.

My father still lives at University House. He works out in the gym facilities 2-3 times a week. Helps on committees, and has enjoyed the comfort of friends as he has transitioned to being single again. He continues to think moving to the UH was one of the best decisions he ever made. Unfortunately I do not live in Seattle, but I hope that when it is finally to "retire" that I can find a place as enjoyable as the University House at Wallingford.

Good home, great programs, great staff

My family had a very positive experience with University House. My mother lived there for four years and was able to thrive as she transitioned from fully independent living to assisted support. The staff was excellent from the folks in the dining area, the wellness center group and especially the Life Enrichment team. For us the highlight was the activity programs offered. Programs from speakers, to art showings, to social get togethers. My mom especially enjoyed the 'outings' to parks, museums and general sightseeing. As my mom’s memory needs changed, the Life Enrichment team stepped up and offered custom programs for small groups that encouraged my mom to maintain her independence as she worked to stay engaged with others. The personal touch from these amazing professionals will always be remembered and I cannot say enough how they helped my mom and my family.

Five Stars for University House!

Leaving a home after 20-plus years is never easy, but University House has made it possible for my parents to move forward with excitement and enthusiasm. The beautiful surroundings, the library filled to overflowing, the great food and supportive service. There are so many things to recommend this retirement facility. But the best thing, and the one that can't be easily replicated, is the people. University House is a community that welcomes newcomers and is rich in knowledge and experience.

My experience here had been pretty we...

My experience here had been pretty well. I feel comfortable there at University House. The staff is great, very responsive. The food is pretty good. I give it an 8 out of 10. They offer lots of activities, in fact, I just got back from going on a hike near Lake Washington. Those type of activities are offered three times a week. They also have all sorts of programs to offer, such as book programs, movies, and discussion groups. University House Wallingford is expensive, but worth it if you can afford it.

I talked to these people. ...

I talked to these people. I decided it was too expense for us and that the room size was too small.

Good Walkable neighborhood. Residents...

Good Walkable neighborhood. Residents are sociable & like the art and actvities & lectures.

Welcome to University House Wallingford, an Era Living community. University House offers a warm, vibrant lifestyle, a vast array of amenities, rich programming, and exceptional Independent Living and Assisted Living care.

University House is nestled in the heart of Wallingford, just steps from neighborhood shops, restaurants, cafes, a movie theater, and the library. There are 146 one and two-bedroom apartments.

Residents of University House experience a maintenance-free lifestyle, including a full service restaurant with chef-prepared selections, on-site Wellness Center staffed by a Registered Nurse, weekly housekeeping and linen services, scheduled transportation and professionally maintained common areas and gardens.

Residents enjoy choosing from nearly 200 Life Enrichment events each month, including regular outings to the symphony and other cultural events, a variety of fitness and health classes, lectures, garden parties, chef demos, wine and jazz concerts, professionally curated art galas, and much more. Residents find that there are endless opportunities to pursue their passions, mingle with good friends, or simply sit back and enjoy the ambiance.

Additionally, University House Wallingford is proudly affiliated with the University of Washington Retirement Association. This affiliation provides residents with many benefits including a vibrant culture of distinct academic flavor, special access to University programs, and a commitment to lifelong learning.

Era Living, a respected and recognized leader in retirement living throughout the Puget Sound, is a private, Seattle-based company founded by Eli and Rebecca Almo. Since 1987, Era Living has been dedicated to fostering a healthy and engaging environment of whole body wellness, culture, warmth and social fulfillment, providing exceptional healthcare services and enriching activities at all eight communities. Era Living's Wellness and Active Aging Programs are developed in collaboration with the University of Washington School of Nursing - one of the nation's top-rated nursing schools. It's this type of innovative and vibrant approach to senior living that makes Era Living communities so desirable.