Merrill Gardens at The University - Seattle, WA

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was helpful and answered all of my questions. This was an overall nice facility but wasn't in our price range. I would recommend families tour a few different places before making a decision.

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother-In-Law. The atmosphere of this community seemed lively and intellectually stimulating. A lot of the residents here are retired teachers or professors. This was my runner-up choice and the reason why I didn’t pick it is that it was just a little farther away than the other facility. They had a lot of activities however there aren't as many residents as elderly as my in-law. The person who gave me the tour was very knowledgeable and impressive. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for providing us with this review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Merrill Gardens at The University when researching options for your mother-in-law.

A POSITIVE REPORT

everyone friendly, food is good, cleaning people friendly do a good job & much more. Too soon to say much more.

A memorable visit to Merrill Gardens at the University

We were extremely pleased over our visit to Merrill Gardens at the University. You folks earn a five-star rating from Edie and Jim [removed]. We're not yet residents, but we are very much comforted to know that Merrill Gardens at the University is there waiting for us when the time comes, which may not be that far off in the future. We will be return to Seattle in late August and hope to have the opportunity to stop by again. Be sure and say hello for us to Pete and Ruth. We fell in love with their garden apartment.
Cheers!

First impressions

This is very much a first impression. My mother has been at Merrill Gardens University for less than a week.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We are happy to hear that you are happy with what we have to offer so far! We take great pride in our service and quality and we hope to continue showing this to you and your mother. If you have any concerns or questions feel free to give us a call.

Positives: * LOTS of reside...

Positives: * LOTS of resident to resident interaction * Excellent library and speaker series * Beautiful internal and external facility * Flexible eating schedule and meal plan * Clean facility; well decorated w/ lots of community as well as individual nooks Negatives: * Cost * Currently full w/ waiting list option [removed] Definintely visit again with Mom in Sept/ Oct

Close to my house. Great bistro and c...

Close to my house. Great bistro and courtyard.

Very modern and urban. Tons of thing...

Very modern and urban. Tons of things to get out and do. Much is walking distance. Apartments modern, good shared spaces. This is a contender.

Merrill Gardens at the University is located in Seattle, Washington near the University Village shopping center and the University of Washington campus. The community consists of independent retirement and assisted living apartments with a combination of studios, one bedroom and two bedroom apartments. Our apartment-style community offers all of the amenities of a home without the work. Imagine a life without household chores, yard work or home maintenance. Invite guests to a meal, special event or social outing. With our on-site Active Living Director, scheduled transportation and Anytime Dining program - there are opportunities to make new friends or entertain old ones right outside your front door. Welcome to Merrill Gardens, a one of a kind retirement community. Call today to reserve your apartment!