Ida Culver House Ravenna - Seattle, WA

Enjoyed the tour given to us by [Remoed] and her assistant. [Removed] took us on part of the tour. We felt the area was a little more "city lifestyle" than we were looking for. Also, Rental amount was rather higher than we could afford.

Jacob Almo

Thank you for your positive review! We wish you the best in finding the right retirement home.

Not the worst, but not great.

Not the worst, but not great. They got a new director, and she really turned us off, she was quite aggressive. In the beginning we loved the staff, but they had a huge turnover. Elderly people don't do well with change. They aren't very accommodating. There was a lip in the shower that was difficult. They had a mini fridge, but it was on the floor in the closet. It's very old, and needs to be updated, and the newer half is pretty nice. There were only two times you could have dinner, and there were times that they ran out of food during the second dinner. The quality of the food also went way down. They would put on a great spread on like Mother's Day and family days, but that's not what the resident's ate on a regular basis.

Gorgeous View!

This community is wonderful. I was able to take a tour and always wanted to because they have a great reputation in the Seattle area. The location is convenient to everything and very beautiful. The staff is great and they answered all questions for me and my loved one. I would recommend them.

A great place for me!!!

I am happy I moved into Ida Culver House. The staff are very helpful, cooperative and kind. The food is a little to good as I am gaining weight. The home is kept clean and well maintained. I enjoy the exercise classes and have signed up for some of the trips. I would recommend this place to family and friends.

An exceptional community

We had a wonderful experience at Ida Culver Ravenna, where my father lived for 3 years. When he first moved in, he was living independently, and then needed more care and services as time went on. We were able to adjust the assisted living services to personally meet his needs. The staff and quality of care is exceptional. They are caring and attentive to residents and responsive to family members. Ida Culver offers a great variety of activities both on site and off. My father often commented on how delicious the food was. Also, the buildings and grounds are very well kept and beautifully landscaped and the location is in a great neighborhood. I would highly recommend Ida Culver Ravenna to anyone seeking a new home for their elderly loved ones.

Very Straight Forward

They did a very good job of presenting the property. It was very straight forward getting my mother moved in. The only issue that i have seen is that my mother has been reluctant to get involved in the activities.

Good first impressions.

The intake process was easy and the people were friendly and caring. My mother is just moving in, so I cannot comment on longer term issues, but the process of getting an apartment for her and arranging her care has been easy and the staff really seems to care for the residents.

Welcome to Ida Culver House Ravenna, an Era Living community. Ida Culver House offers a warm, vibrant lifestyle, a vast array of amenities, rich programming, and exceptional Independent Living and Assisted Living care.

Ida Culver House Ravenna is a community of 90 residences, nestled in the heart of the Ravenna/Bryant neighborhood. It's steps from shops, cafes, and restaurants, and is just minutes from the University of Washington campus and the University Village shopping center.

Residents of Ida Culver House experience a maintenance-free lifestyle, including a full service restaurant with chef-prepared selections, on-site Wellness Center staffed by a Registered Nurse, weekly housekeeping and linen services, scheduled transportation and professionally maintained common areas and gardens.

Residents enjoy choosing from nearly 200 Life Enrichment events each month, including regular outings to the symphony and other cultural events, a variety of fitness and health classes, lectures, garden parties, chef demos, wine and jazz concerts, professionally curated art galas, and much more. Residents find that there are endless opportunities to pursue their passions, mingle with good friends, or simply sit back and enjoy the ambiance.

Era Living, a respected and recognized leader in retirement living throughout the Puget Sound, is a private, Seattle-based company founded by Eli and Rebecca Almo. Since 1987, Era Living has been dedicated to fostering a healthy and engaging environment of whole body wellness, culture, warmth and social fulfillment, providing exceptional healthcare services and enriching activities at all eight communities. Era Living's Wellness and Active Aging Programs are developed in collaboration with the University of Washington School of Nursing - one of the nation's top-rated nursing schools. It's this type of innovative and vibrant approach to senior living that makes Era Living communities so desirable.