The Colonnades - Charlottesville, VA

They keep the community well maintained

My loved one stayed at this community for a short time working with the rehabilitation staff. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and they offer healthy choices. They have a nice salad bar every evening. This community did not have any openings in the assisted living area as they reserve these rooms for the independent living residents when they need them. I would recommend taking a look into this community if you are looking for rehabilitation.

Great tour of Colonnades. [Removed] gave us a very detailed tour of the place and was kind enough to offer a lunch and meeting with some other residents. We hope to do that the next time we come to Charlottesville to visit our children.

I only toured the independent living part, not the assisted living or memory care. A very attractive and well run facility that has been in business for 25 years. It's clean, airy and relations between caregivers and with residents seem very cordial. I didn't want to rate it because "fabulous" sounds too exalted and the place is better than "good". The guide, Mrs. Shuffield, was personable, competent and business-like and answered all questions well.

Mixed experience

We had a mixed experience with The Colonnades. The facility itself was nice enough, and the services they provided were good. However, my loved one needed to move from their independent living into their assisted living wing, and they did not have any availability. I wasn't impressed with the way they went about handling this issue.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please know we take all concerns seriously and if you have any further details to share we are always open to your feedback via Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) com.

It is faultless

So far so good at The Colonnades. It is faultless. The grounds are wooded with trails. The cottage that I am in is magnificent. I am getting value because I am single, I have no children, so yes it is a bargain. They have a very good team here. I get to have my belongings laundered every week. The dining room is like a restaurant here. We have a Paris trained chef. The staff have all worked here a long time which is very telling. Anything I have needed or wanted they have gotten for me.

The Colonnades in Charlottesville, VA, is outstanding

We visited about 8 places. The Colonnades is comparable pricewise to just about all of them, but you get more for the money: facilities and services onsite, activities on- and off-site, meals with many choices and flexible times, nicely finished apartments, clean throughout, beautiful surroundings, convenient to shopping and cultural activities, only 10 minutes to an airport. It has comprehensive services for independent living, skilled nursing, and memory care. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The residents are also friendly. I'm thrilled that my mom was able to move there.

I'd like to live here!

They have done such a good job!

They have done such a good job! They have identified her as a fall risk and taken steps to prevent falls. They have put alarms on the bed and her wheelchair. They are clean and the staff is friendly. It's a great place!

Very nice place

The staff here is amazing. There isn't one surly, sad, or maladjusted person in the bunch. The entire place just has a really great community feel to it, the residents and staff are all friendly.
The facility itself is a little older, well kept-up, but the age is starting to show a bit in things like consistency of the climate, style of the carpets, etc.
Overall a very nice place, though!

Expensive but quite nice

Expensive but quite nice

This would have been my mother's 1st ...

This would have been my mother's 1st choice and it does have skilled nursing.

The Colonnades offers quality retirement living and is associated with the University of Virginia, located on 59 acres nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Charlottesville, Virginia. Our community features a comfortable lifestyle, superb amenities and the highest standards of hospitality and service. The community is ideal for seniors who desire an active lifestyle. Our residents enjoy gracious apartment accommodations, a variety of floor plans, fine restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, planned social and cultural activities, scheduled transportation and much more. The Colonnades is designed for seniors who desire independent residential living with the support of Assisted Living, Alzheimer's Care, and Nursing and Rehabilitative Services if they should ever need it. At The Colonnades, we do everything possible to understand and meet the needs and expectations of the people we serve. We invite you to visit us an experience the warm hospitality and high quality of our community.