Myrtle Beach Manor - Myrtle Beach, SC

Very proffessional guidance on a field most of all know absolutely nothing.

Very nice

They have gone out of their way to meet all the needs of my father in law.

they were lovely and kind but another program is closer to our home.

safe caring place

My sister is the one staying at Myrtle Beach Manor. I have not had a chance to make it there myself. My nephew got everything set up for her. Based on what I hear from him everything is going well. I talk to my sister regularly and things seem to be going well, as far as the care she is getting and everything else. I feel my sister is safe, and she is being well fed.

I'm very, very, pleased. I would recommend them highly.

I'm very, very, pleased. He seems to be very happy there. The food is so good, he cleans his plate every time, it's prepared well, and it looks good, it smells good. The place is immaculate, and there are never any odors. There is never anything left around, any accidents are bagged and removed immediately. I couldn't have asked for a better place, and I would recommend them highly.

great job

They have done really well trying to get mom to come out of her shell and be a part of the community. They have not been successful, but that is not at all her fault. They have done all they can and have done a great job managing her medication, and getting her to eat three times a day, which she was not doing when living with her daughter. They've done a great job helping with the bathing, and working with her limited vision.

One thing she has complained about a lot is the food. She says that the meals are frequently cold and have to be sent back.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for the positive comments about our staff, we will continue to attempt to get your mother involved in things she may enjoy. Our Activities Staff will spend some time with her to see what types of things she enjoys doing. Our Dietary Staff works very hard to meet the needs of all of our Residents. Our Food and Beverage Director hosts a meeting every Tuesday at 10:30 to address concerns and review menus with the Residents in the Assisted Living Dining Room. Please encourage your mother to attend. It is an opportunity to get feedback from the Residents on previous meals as well as get their input on the next weeks menu. Your feedback helps us identify areas of opportunity for us to focus on as we strive to uphold and improve the quality of standards that each resident deserves. We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to continue to serve you and your loved one.

Warm Regards,
Michael Beard, NHA/CRCA
Myrtle Beach Manor

Review of Myrtle Beach Manor Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Myrtle Beach, SC

Very impressed with MBM for my MIL. LOVED that MBM has adaptive devices/accommodations for low-vision seniors. We've put down a deposit to get her a place here. Also love the location on the ICWaterway. Staff greeted us very warmly and seemed friendly / helpful with our questions/concerns.

A hopeful place to call home.

My sister and I are both very excited about Myrtle Beach Manor's Bridge to Rediscovery and hopeful that Mom will do well. The staff is very nice and attentive, the resident to staff ratio is low, they seem genuinely interested in keeping the residents engaged and as active as their condition will allow them. The unit is very bright and cheerful, with activities going on daily and appears very clean. The program itself is fairly new, having just opened at Myrtle Beach Manor in March of 2014, although MB Manor itself has been around for some time. We believe Mom will do well here and can't wait to visit her again in about 3 weeks to see how she is doing. There are numerous activities planned daily for the residents, bus transportation for activities and doctor appointments, Mom can get her hair done weekly, and she is with residents much like herself. We believe this is going to be a wonderful change for our Mom. Our rating will probably change to all 5 stars after we have a chance to see how the care and activities affect our Mom, but just from speaking to the staff, we are finally hopefully after such several dark months while she was in rehab.

highly recommend

a wonderful place very helpful staff
devoted to the Montessori method
a special place for dementia patients
would highly recommend

Took tour on Sat., Aug 23. ...

Took tour on Sat., Aug 23. My sister and I were very impressed. We have one additional place to check out this week and will make a decision. Place was very clean, friendly, engaged; environment was bright and colorful. Looked very homey.

Myrtle Beach Manor was a lo...

Myrtle Beach Manor was a lovely facility, well staffed with very friendly people. We had a fabulous lunch and talked with residents and family members of residents and all praised the care, staff, etc. We were very impressed with this facility and thought it would be a great place for my mother until we visit Myrtle Beach Estates.

Myrtle Beach Manor review

The people at Myrtle Beach Manor care very much for the residents. There is an Assisted Living wing as well as a rehab/skilled nursing wing and a memory care wing. They have numerous activities for the residents and try very hard to keep them all busy. I would recommend this location to others.

great place

I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH HOW GREAT MYTLE BEACH MANOR IS FOR MY AUNT AND UNCLE. THE STAFF FROM THE FRONT DESK THE AIDS, DINING ROOM STAFF ARE ALL WONDERFUL. THE FACILITY IS ALWAY CLEAN BRIGHT, LISA, THE NURSE IS ALWAY HELPFUL AND LETS NOT LEAVE OUT THE MAINTENANCE CREW AND KEVIN THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR. ALL COULD NOT BE MORE HELPFUL AND CARING.
..........THANKS MYRTLE BEACH MANOR........

Excellent guide (Kevin, the...

Excellent guide (Kevin, the assistant director) Very informative. Rooms bedroom and living room. Very clean. No smells. Menu not as varied, but good food. Older facility and very well kept up. Wide halls a plus. Barely affordable, but could be with VA benefits. TV provided and possible internet connection through Time Warner Cable. Residents pay for internet. Possibility of Dad and Mom staying in the same room. Rehab facility attached.

Everything is in the same building

The halls were narrow and I didn't think the facility itself was as pleasant. I think, and I'm not sure, but I think their dementia patents might have been in the same building, a different area, but the same building as the assisted living and I didn't like that.

Lots to do outdoors

We chose this community for my step father because they offer lots of outdoor activities. They take the residents fishing and just have so many things to do outdoors in the community. There are lots of gazeboes and screened in areas to just sit, relax and have a snack. It is located on the inland waterway so you can sit outside and watch the boats go by, which provides my step father with beautiful views. The environment in the community is just so pleasant. They keep the residents pretty active and motivated. It's a really good community that caters to the residents needs. They are very on top of everything, even the smallest changes with the residents they notice and take the appropriate action. I am very satisfied knowing that they are on top of any and all issues. The staff provides great peace of mind.

Myrtle Beach Manor, an assisted living community situated on 6 spacious acres on the Intracoastal Waterway, offers Assisted Living, Alzheimer's Care and Nursing Care. Our community features a comfortable lifestyle, superb amenities and the highest standards of hospitality and service. Assisted LivingAssisted Living at Myrtle Beach Manor is designed for seniors who desire residential living but require support with some activities of daily living such as medication reminders, bathing, dressing and dining. With the support of a 24-hour staff, licensed nurse and customized service and care plan based on individual needs, residents are able to maximize their independence and participate in activities that promote socialization and friendships. Alzheimer's CareWe recognize the special needs of people with Alzheimer's disease and other memory disorders. With a secure home-like setting and the support of a 24 hour staff, our special care centers allow residents to thrive in an environment designed for their unique needs. Nursing HomeOur Nursing Care Center is the choice for seniors requiring post-hospital and post-surgical care and for those who have more complex around the-clock nursing care needs. Our center offers 24-hour skilled nursing as well as physical, occupational and speech therapies designed to restore each resident to his or her highest level of functioning and independence. At Myrtle Beach Manor, we do everything possible to understand and meet the needs and expectations of the people we serve. We invite you to visit us an experience the warm hospitality and high quality of our community.