From complaints to complement

My review of this living facility has improved in the past three months. The administrator previously in charge of the facility ran the business in the ground. I worked for the previous company and she ran the business in the ground.

My father is so pleased to have the family environment and the hospitality of the very polite, intelligent young Business Manager I find very likable by all.

For the money we pay to care for our loved ones, it is better than facilities I paid 3500 monthly. As in all facilities, there is not an odor in this facility since the old administrator left and I find my Dad walking and talking about the young man and the time he spends with everyone.

In reading the negative response on this cite, they appear to be from a disgruntled administrator or worker. However, you will not find another facility as safe, secure, and personal care assistants are doing their jobs.

For the negative responses, keep your loved ones yourself if you find fault in this facility through observation.

Grumbling and complaining is not what they need. How about volunteering a day or two and the complaints will only turn to compliments. Getting rid of the old help was the best gift for this company. Move forward and be blessed!

Happy Holidays and be careful in judging! Did you offer to help! God Bless the young man caring for the residents and Thank you from my family for caring for Dad,

Needs work

I was not impressed with this community when I visited. It seems run down and not very clean. There was a slight odor when you walked in. I think the staff are doing their best and the residents seemed care for. I feel the building needs some major renovations and it also does not feel very secure.

The staff is very considerate of the residences, always looking out for their best interest.

Was not happy at all with Twilite Manor. The staff there does not give them the care that is needed. For instance they are left alone for long periods of time. Several falls of patients there could have been prevented there if they were monitored more closely. Death of my family member has resulted in a fall there. The food in my option leaves a lot to be desired. Also my family member was left in soiled condition, resulting in DHEC being called. I wouldn't put my worst enemy there.

They take care of everything!

We're very happy with how things have turned out with Twilite Manor. They do a good job with everything here! It's clean and nice looking, the people are friendly, and they take care of everything that you can think of. I highly recommend it.

Would NOT recommend

Our experience with Twilite Manor was not a good one, I would not recommend them at all. I became concerned that my loved one's health was on the decline, and I requested that they send him to the hospital. They fought me every step of the way, and I really had to get into it with them before they sent him, and it turned out he was very ill.

Should be called the Twilite Zone. Think I was referred there just so I would appreciate the other facilities. Can not believe they can charge as much as a nice place charges.

I really liked it here.

I really liked it here. We were all set to move here, but some family dynamics got in the way. It was clean and the staff was friendly. It was a really nice place. I wish that it would have worked out.

My Mom is thriving at Twilite Manor

I visited a few places before choosing Twilite Manor for my mom. What really impressed me during my initial visit was the happy staff and that over half of the residence were outside enjoyng the beautiful day. I immediately knew I made the right choice when I picked up my mom for the first time after her move and saw her more relaxed than she had been in years. The cozy size and quiet atmosphere is just perfect for someone who is beginning to get demenia. As caregivers, we can be drawn to the fancier facilities but for demenia suffers, less is more. I asked her about the food and she enthusiastically said "I love it!" and went on to tell me about lunch (first time in years). Additionally, Jenny Weatherford really knows her stuff. During the administration process she took the initiative to connect me with a Medicare expert so that my mom can select the right plan for her since we changed states. I would have never thought of that on my own.

Real Satisfied With Them

It's expensive wherever you go I guess. I have to pay a little over $2000 a month there. My wife will be moving out of that when she needs a nursing home and it's going to go up to $4000 or $5000 so it jumps up later on. The care services are real good. We're really satisfied with them. They do have some activities. They don't have too many but there's not that many people over there. There are like 28 people there. My wife is real happy there and that's what counts I guess. She knows everybody in there and they all get along real well.