Brookdale Columbia - Columbia, SC

Brookdale Columbia - Columbia, SC has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Columbia - Columbia, SC

She is happy

As far as I know, she is settling in pretty good at Brookdale Columbia. She sounded really good and happy the last time I talked to her. She was enjoying playing Bingo and participating in the activities they provide for the residents. We are happy that the staff makes sure she takes her medication regularly. The staff is very friendly and welcoming when we come to visit. She did have a room to herself and then they moved her into a room where she shares it with a roommate. I think she is doing so much better having a roommate. Now she goes with the roommate to dinner and gets out of her room more often. They provide transportation so she can go to her own church. And her friends come by and take her to go places. We are looking for some more furniture that will help make her room more comfortable. It is a nice and clean community, I was impressed.

A tour for options

We toured this community for care. We did like the friendly staff who were caring and able to give us the tour. We did like the cleanliness of the community. The menu was appealing, and the lunch we had was average. They offer activities for the residents. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

A good place

The only thing I think that could be improved is the food choices such as healthier meals. The staff are nice, encouraging and take good care of my loved one. They do offer some nice activities such as exercise classes, storytelling and music sessions. The community is well taken care of. This community is secure for assisted living and a good value for the cost. I would recommend this community.

Tour for care

We toured this community for care. We did not like that the residents were not active. The community was clean We were happy with the staff who were able to answer the questions that we had on the care that is offered. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Overall happy

Brookdale seems to be a nice facility. 90% of the workers are friendly, available and helpful.
Residents are sweet.
We had several changes at first. The director left and went to another faculty about 2 weeks after my mom arrived. The head nurse got ill and has been out for a month. The sales manager had surgery and was out for a few weeks. (I really like him. Very helpful). All this happened around the same time.
I'd like to get answers to questions faster but I can see why I haven't.
The cost is really good. The activity director is excellent.
I have only eaten one meal and it was average.
It took a week to find out when they would clean and do laundry for my mom. Then, it was supposed to be on a Saturday but it didn't happen. By Sunday mom asked a med tech and she was nice enough to help take care of it.
I am nervous about the meds distribution. I ended up having to make sure they refilled. Some of her meds were running out over the weekend and they had not been ordered for refill. They took care of it quickly, when I asked them to.
Lastly, mom had about $40 I. Her wallet when we moved her in just in case of a need and it was stolen. Not sure by whom but she won't have cash on hand any more. However, overall I am happy because my mom is and she has made some nice friends.

Great Activities Director

My father is slowly adjusting to this community, but so far everything is working our pretty well. I'am comfortable with his move here, I know he is receiving great care. They have a very good staff for the most part. The activities director is amazing. She is very good at encouraging the residents. The meals are decent. I know he is safe, and in a good place. This is a community I would recommend.

One of the better communities in the area!!

Mom is doing pretty good at Brookdale. I have been at the community for breakfast and they do not seem to offer a large variety of choices. It seems to be the same breakfast everyday. Mom does like the food. They offer daily activities including bingo and story time. They also have trips out and a monthly family night. This community is clean and I would recommend it.

Extremely clean and accommodating.

Brookdale Columbia is an older facility, they are in the process of upgrading. This facility is extremely clean, well managed and the care my mother is receiving is exceptional. They made the transition easy and were accommodating of our needs. There are plenty of activities, movies, movie room, cards, games, there's a patio to go out on when the weather is nice. I have eaten there with my mother and the food is good.

Good choice

The facilities are attractive and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. The sales director, Shannon [name removed], went out of her way to furnish my mom's room before we arrived, without furniture, on a plane from New York. Kelly [name removed], the director, is never too busy to see me and has tried very hard to make my mom's adjustment smooth. My mom appreciates the help, but has complained a bit about the food. She always prepared her own meals, so that may account for her complaints. There are many outings which my mom does not participate in, but others seem to enjoy.

Good experience!

We recently moved my mother into Brookdale. We are about three weeks in and have been well received in this new community as we step up from Independent Living to Assisted Living. Communication levels have been very good and all personel have been very nice and accomodating. Food is good too!

Nice facility friendly staff

We love Brookdale!!

Brookdale/Sterling House is a wonderful assisted living facility! My mother moved there about 4 weeks ago and could not be happier! We researched all facilities in Columbia. This was a small community which we felt would fit all her needs......and it has! The whole staff is so friendly and caring! I walk in and they greet me by name and tell me how my mother is doing! Our family highly recommends Brookdale for anyone looking for their loved one! Try it - You'll love it!!!

Very knowledgeable and professional Management

They made sure my mother had all her med and oxygen on time, made sure to involve her mother socialize and participate in social function. Very knowledgeable and professional Management. They go out of there way to get my mom to participate in activities. The only negative thing wish they had more staff and activities on the weekends.

The Sterling House is very nice! We do understand that it is a "hybrid" facility with memory and assisted blended together. Shannon gave us a wonderful tour and explained all aspects of their facility. I do feel like mama would be very happy there but might need more "specific individual memory" care or "specific assisted" care. Might be a great option for us as a short term stay.

Friendly, helpful staff!

Things have gone very well so far at Sterling House on Park Lane! The administrative staff here were a huge help in our time of need. We ended up having only a few hours to find somewhere for our loved one after she was discharged from the hospital, and the people at Sterling House really went above and beyond to help us out. They let us borrow some furniture while we got her settled, and even went out and bought some bedding for her while we took care of the paperwork. Everyone here just has a friendly, professional attitude, I would highly recommend them!

All is fairly good except patient cleanliness.

I find that staff is friendly but I question their service to my husband. They do not assist with brushing teeth, washing hands or toilet cleanliness. The toothpaste tube is just as full as when I left it 3 months ago. He is not shaved well. Every thing is good except patient care and cleanliness. Also, his bathroom is rarely cleaned and I have cleaned it myself.

Doing well here

Everything has gone very well with Sterling House, we're very pleased with it. They keep everything looking nice and clean, the employees are all very friendly, and they take good care of the people here. They also do a great job with the food, it's been tasty every time I've tried it!

Only have assisted living.

Only have assisted living.

Well kept place, could use more interaction with residents

They do a good job here, overall. It is a well kept, clean place, and the staff have been very friendly and professional. One area I'd like to see them improve in is the level of interaction between the staff and the residents. It seems like much of the time the residents are just left sitting around, and I would like to see them more involved in activities.

My husband and I went by St...

My husband and I went by Sterling House on Park Lane in the late evening when many of the residents were in the bed. The location is nice, next door to a gated community. It is elegantly decorated. One floor facility with about 40 rooms.

Well maintained facility. Seemed rea...

Well maintained facility. Seemed reasonably priced.

We are leaning toward this facility.

We are leaning toward this facility.

Brookdale Columbia is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected