My experience at Jenni Lynn, West Columbia, SC.

My mother in law has been here for n
9 months and we have witnessed consistently exceptional care.

The director, staff, and support personnel are responsive and ready to meet any special needs we may have. The food is prepared at the facility and Always good and often - very good - in particular holiday meals are excellent.

My Sincere thanks to the staff for providing such a nice Living environment.

We went on a waiting list we where two days late but it did not phase our marketing director Becky Wise knows we are looking for a 2 bedroom, one was not available at this time. Very very friendly place

performance

I waited 25min before I was toured. The place has a strong odor. I was greeted later by Ms. Wise. The place is more than an assisted living. As I was waiting one resident kept getting out of the building. This was not a safe feeling for me. The atmosphere was not warm and inviting. I want my mother to feel safe and secure. Touring the facility seems like the facility is more like a nursing home. One resident was walking around soaking wet the time I was there. Before I left I wanted to know the name of the Lady sitting in the office. I was told it was the Administrator. The Administrator actually let me wait 25 min on someone else to tour me. I was not happy with this place. I went to Lexington Gardens and felt that warm feeling. I was introduced to staff and they all were smiling and friendly. The Administrator gave me a tour and the entire staff was helping residents. This is what I needed to see and made my decision easier.

Not sure what is going on with this place....

My mom has lived here for a while. It was nice when we first placed her there several years ago, but now it is terrible. All the employees are new. Not sure what is going on, since there is no one who will explain why everyone my mother was used to and liked, is now gone. It used to have a warm, cozy feeling now it seems cold and uncaring. Staff used to be kind and friendly, now they don't even speak to you when you enter the building. My mom looks disheveled and the staff makes excuses that she didn't want to bathe, wasn't in her room when they came by to help her, etc. Mom complains there is nothing to do, no activities. Room is not very clean and mom complains chairs in common areas are often wet from urine. No exercise equipment, so if your loved one is capable of moving around and wants to exercise, no way to really do it, short of roaming the halls. Food is pretty good.

The Care Is Not Good

I have visited my ex husband there and I have found it wanting. My son and his wife have too. My have complained that they go over there an he has not been showered, his nails are too long, hair is not done, and he has not been shaved. I was there a couple of weeks ago and I was not pleased. The director of the place as just left this past week so I don't know how things are going to go from here.

They say they ask him and he won't shower. If you're paying for that care, then you shower him. He needs to have better than they are giving him as far as I'm concerned. One of the reasons that Jenni-Lynn was chosen was because of the price.

Visited Jenni-Lynn July 12...

Visited Jenni-Lynn July 12. The residents were eating. Was not able to meet with Ms Beverly , although I was given a tour. One-floor, nice layout and the staff members were very cordial.

We offer affordable rates with levels of care that foster independence while delivering quality care from medication management, to bathing, dressing, toileting, and much more. Our mission is to support and nurture the well-being, independence and peace of mind of all those that we serve in a loving, caring environment.