Thorne Retirement Home - Lake View, SC

Thorne Retirement Home - Lake View, SC has yet not published prices.

To have peace of mind is priceless.

This has by any means of measurement been the hardest time of my life. It started with a diagnoses of Lewy Body Dementia! That diagnoses changed my life! And the life of everyone who cared ANYTHING about me! But God is good and He is faithful to His word, which leads me to Thorne! The staff there are angels!!! There have been really ROUGH days and there have been times I felt like I was going to die! The staff has talked me through many a rough night or weekend day and NEVER once made me feel as if I was a nuisance! They have greeted me at the door with hugs of encouragement because they KNOW I'll be in tears when I leave. You see, it's just me....my only sibling has Cerebral Palsy and when all of this happened I had to make decisions regarding him as well! My children do all they can and then the staff at Thorne steps in and takes care of the rest. Knowing that my Moma is being taken care of and being loved on is priceless! And I know she loves them because in her right moment she has told me so. No one ever WANTS to have to place their Moma in a facility, but if ALL facilities were like Thorne, I believe alot of people would have more peace about having to do so. There is no price tag on the peace that I have, knowing my Moma is safe and being cared for and when I say Thank you I feel like I should do/say so much more. So this is that "so much more".

I feel comfortable with her there

Mom is looking and doing better physically. The staff are friendly and make sure she is getting her medication regularly. She has a lot of friends at this community. The food is healthy and it seems like more of a mid western diet than a southern one. They offer activities such as cards, bingo, singing and ice cream socials. They keep the community clean. This community is close to family and her church. I would recommend this community.