Thetford House (Memory Care) - Alexandria, VA

Visited the house on 5/24. Looks very nice, if small. Two to a room. Spoke to [Removed] today 5/25 and she said that since Sunrise requires my Mom to have an aide, she does too. Cost to me: $6000 per month for 1/2 bedroom in Thetford and at least another $6000 more for an aide to work just 50% of the time. $12K per month +meds +doctors +incidentals +++ Maybe $15K per month total. Emily said "so sorry - I know it's hard...but I just can't help you unless you bring the aide...bye..." and we hung up.

Small house

Very small house so great staff to resident ratio, very much living in a house, wonderful staff.

A home for my dad

I like the care that my father is getting from this caring community. It is nice to see him have personal items in his own room from his past. We have been happy with the meals that we have shared. They offer live entertainment twice a week and he really enjoys the music. He his happy here in the nice home. I would recommend anyone to see this for the excellent care for a loved one.

I am so gratefull for your service! Carolyn Young is tremendous.

My Mother's Long Term Care Policy was expiring and I needed to find a home for her that was less than the $10,000.00 per month that she was presently spending. Carolyn was simply great in giving me advisement and I could not be happier than my selection of Thetford House. The cost savings is tremendous and importantly, the level of care is not diminished. Further, she is now in a home and not an institution. The staff at Thetford is first rate. I have also told several friends of mine about your service as they are considering places for their Mothers.

Thetford House is a residential assisted living home in a quiet neighborhood. With a ratio of four to one, our 8 residents receive personal attention from a stable, committed staff, who are trained in Alzheimer’s care.
Our mission is to provide compassionate care through all the stages of Alzheimer’s Disease. Emily Carton, the founder and owner of Thetford House is a geriatric social worker whose career has encompassed all aspects of senior care. The home brings together residents, families, staff and neighbors to create a committed and loving community.