Spring Hills Mount Vernon - Alexandria, VA

At Spring Hills Mount Vernon, we are committed to making healthy living the foundation of every aspect of life. From dining that truly satisfies, to fitness that invigorates and motivates, down to the smaller details, such as our use of safe, non-toxic cleaning products in each assisted living community, our dedication to enhancing the lives of our residents with a holistic health care approach guides every decision we make. Spring Hills Signature Touches distinguish our senior living communities, and help make each day for our residents more pleasurable and fulfilling to Intrigue the Mind, Move the Body and Inspire the Spirit.

Spring Hills Mount Vernon offers assisted living and memory care carefully designed for our residents’ needs. We offer a wide array of floor plans, including bright and cheery studio, along with one and two bedroom apartment suites. All rooms feature private baths and individually controlled thermostats. A state of the art emergency call system is conveniently located in every suite and monitored by on-site licensed personnel. Residents at Spring Hills Mount Vernon enjoy three delectable, nutritionally balanced meals each day, served in a fine dining atmosphere that is the envy of other senior communities. Our meticulous housekeeping personnel provide laundry, linens and housekeeping service, giving you time to relax and enjoy life.

Spring Hills Mount Vernon is located in historic Alexandria, Virginia. Founded in 1749, Alexandria celebrates a rich heritage while offering modern fun and recreation. Spring Hills Mount Vernon has beautiful attractions such as the beloved mansion of George and Martha Washington, only a short distance away. Additionally, only 6.5 miles north of the community, you can enjoy an extensive range of great restaurants and shops in the quaint Old Town Alexandria. If you want to explore further, Washington, DC is only 12.5 miles from Spring Hills Mount Vernon.

Good Experience, Tour Was Nice

I had a lovely tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and helpful. The staff I met was helpful, and my questions were answered. The community looked nice, and clean from what I saw. Everything went well, and I had good experience.

Mom Doing Great With Her Move To This Community

My mother is doing great with her move to this community. I do feel comfortable with her move here. She is safe, and in good hands. They have a good staff, and they are providing her with good care. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the facility. There a nice meals, and offer good activities. The only issue I had was on our moving day the elevator went out, and that made moving day harder than what we thought it would be. Other than that issue everything is working out well, and this is a community I would recommend.

I like this community for the care and more attention for my wife's care. We were not happy that they kept moving her into different rooms and she had lost some personal items for a few weeks.They might want to consider staff to be informed in every area The menu is outstanding and she is pleased with the nice variety. We would recommend this community to other families for care of a loved one.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for reviewing us and recommending us to others.

[Removed] was gracious and professional. She spent about an hour talking with us about Dad before beginning the tour. All parts of the facility were fresh and clean. There are only 19 memory care residents, and it appears that everyone gets individualized attention. I like the "flower" system. [Removed] had high praise for the activities coordinator, although we did not meet her. Memory care residents have access to Assisted Living facilities such as the dining room. Overall, we were impressed. I would like to do another tour after a few weeks where I could observe an activity, meet the Activity Coordinator, and have a meal.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive review.

[Removed] has answered our prayers. She appears to be sent to us from heaven above. Please let us keep her. I can’t imagine anyone more perfect for [Removed] and our family.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive feedback. It was very sweet of you.

Excellent care givers & ever had in my life at home.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review Judy. We appreciate it!

They Are Providing Good Care

I believe they are providing good care for my mom. The staff are able to help mom. They communicate well too. My mom is enjoying the meals they serve and has options to choose from.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your positive review!

Facility was nice, and staff members were very helpful and comforting.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for feedback. We appreciate your positive review.

I am so pleased with the care of Wcreer Gilmar.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your kind review.

My wife Grace came Spring Hills. The management & staff were outstanding & caring. I worked with Tracy who was outstanding! I highly recommend Spring Hills.

Christina OLeary

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback!

Excellent facility.

Thank you.

Not unhappy

I have POA for an 89 year old legally blind former neighbor. She has dementia and it seems to be getting progressively worst. She has been at Spring Hill a month and I feel like she made the transition okay- I was very worried. She does not seem unhappy there. (To be honest I am not sure happy is possible) She requires a great deal of care because of her eyes and she can not do some activities because they require sight but I think she does feel apart of the larger group (19) there. I also feel that the staff listens to me about her needs which is very important especially when you first go to a new place since the staff does not know her well enough. I hope as she is there longer that the staff will get to know her needs better.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your honest feedback. We truly appreciate the time you took to leave a review.

Friendly staff, nice surroundings

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review.

Beautiful Bright Community

My sister is doing very well here at this community. They are taking good of her and her needs. They do a good job with keeping her room and facility nice and clean. The staff is nice, they have been pretty helpful and kind. She is participating in few activities. She is getting more involved in the community everyday. I love the bright big windows she has in her room. She is meeting some new people. I'am confident about the care she is receiving.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for the time you took to write such positive feedback. We appreciate your review.

Review of Spring Hills Mount Vernon - Alexandria, VA

I am totally at peace and comfort knowing that my mom is with this amazing community. My mom's health has improved since she moved into Spring Hills. She loves the food and the people she has met. I am so satisfied with this community and the staff.

A Great Experience in Senior Living

I would like to say I was pleasantly surprised at my visit to Spring Hills Mount Vernon, Senior Living Facility in Alexandria, Virginia. Ms. Tracey [removed] was very pleasant, very professional, expressed herself very well and very informative regarding the care one could expect and receive for their love ones. I have been to a lot of Rehabilitation Centers and I was pleasantly surprised from the moment I stepped inside the Mount Vernon Senior Living Facilities (definitely nothing like what I had experienced at Rehabilitation Centers) staff, friendliness of personnel, cleanliness of the facility, decor, rooms, outdoor sitting area, and the overall services provided. Also, I was impressed that Ms. Beoncia [removed] (Director of Sales) gave me a follow-up call to inquire about visit. I also received a follow-up call from Ms. Tracey [removed]. I would highly recommend Springs Hills Mount Vernon to my family members and friends.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your kind review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Satisfied, overall

In general our experience with Spring Hills Mount Vernon has been a good one. It's a nice looking place, and the staff members I have met during my visits have been friendly and professional. My loved one is having a little trouble settling in, but he seems to be doing well for the most part. I don't think any of the issues we've had are issues that don't happen at all of these places, so overall we are satisfied!

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your feedback.

Review of Magnolia Springs SouthPointe in Indianapolis, IN

The staff is very warm and inviting. They do a great job taking care of my mom. My mother loves living there and is very happy with everything.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review. We truly appreciate it.

It is OK

There has been recent staff changes. There is a new facility director and a new director of care. Families of the residents were not notified of the changes until a few weeks later. The food is fair. The nursing staff is competent. Cleaning staff is pleasant. Activities have declined over the past year - possibility due to budget cuts. It is not the most happy place for some residents and it shows. The residents age range varies - so does their cognitive level. Most residents have ambulatory issues. Getting in and out of the dining room can be a challenge as a result.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all reviews. If you would like to follow up with this further, please call our Family, Resident, and Associate Concern Line at [removed].

Review of Spring Hills Mt. Vernon - Alexandria, VA

I was very impressed with the first person I came in contact with when looking for a place for my cousin. That person was Tracey [removed]. She was very helpful, knowledgeable, patient and professional. Her customer service skills are top notch - she definitely made an impression on us and what she told us about Spring Hills has been true. I am happy we selected this assisted living community for my cousin.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review. We are happy you are part of our Spring Hills Family!

The best decision

The process to send a close loved one to assisted living is always a difficult one, but the transition was made pleasant by the wonderful staff at Spring Hill Mount Vernon.

The staff was amazingly transparent with the whole process and provided us with plenty of information. The tour of the building was spectacular. I have never been in such a facility that felt so homey and clean. We were able to look inside some of the rooms to get a feel for it and they were so well maintained and decorated. Each unit was a mini apartment. We got to see the activities that were provided for the residents along with the meal plan, and it made choosing this place so easy and stress free. Furthermore, each staff member I met was pleasant and genuinely cared.

I felt extremely comfortable leaving my mother in the care of this place and would recommend it to others without a doubt.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for comments. We truly appreciate the time you took to leave such positive review.

This facility is the best that I have been to. Everyone is super sweet and friendly. They take full care of all the residents. It definitely feels like I'm right at home. Facility is very clean and food is amazing. Couldn't be happier!

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time you took to leave such positive comments.

Excellent Facility

Such an excellent facility. Kind and caring staff. My father enjoys the food and I think the grounds and facility are well kept.

Dear Scott,
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that dad is happy and truly appreciate the time you took to write this review.

Review of Spring Hills of Mount Vernon - Alexandria, VA

This community is very clean and smells very fresh.

Every staff member I have met is very kind and considerate.

Gina made our transition to the community very easy. My husband has only been here a few days his only complaint is the food. Food is cold + bland.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for the time you took to leave this review. All feedback is welcomed. We will share your comment with the kitchen. If you have further concerns, please feel free to provide additional feedback to our Resident Concierge.

Review of Spring Hills Mount Vernon - Alexandria, VA

They do an excellent job of taking care of the residents and they run the community extremely well -

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your kind review.

Review of Spring Hills at Mount Vernon - Alexandria, VA

Excellent!!!

Dear Nathan,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive review.

Great facility

This facility is beautiful and very well maintained. The staff seems kind, friendly, and willing to go the extra mile. The activities they offer seem quite fun for the residents. I would consider having my loved ones receive care at this facility.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to caring for your loved one in the future.

Review of Spring Hills Mount Vernon - Alexandria, VA

I find this community a pleasant and helpful place to live.

Best Place in the area

I always see staff taking care of residents with a smile. A very clean and home like environment. They have a great activity program.

Dear Rehana,
Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate the time you took to write a review.

Spring Hills - Alexandria, VA

All questions answered very well. Also, a town of all facilities done very well.

Dear Joan,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Spring Hills

Warm and friendly people (all) who consistently monitor and care for the residents. The staff is very personable and the residents feel at home and cared for. The kitchen staff work very hard, always smiling and helping everyone w/ their meal. The food is very good.

A Marvelous Job

The person who was the in-take person did a marvelous job. They were very understanding and sympathetic, and helped us through a difficult time. They were very, very helpful and seemed to be able to provide the atmosphere that my loved one has begun to expect.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your feedback and are dedicated to Caring with a Commitment to Quality!

Best experience ever!!

We are so thankful for the amazing staff here at Spring Hills! They have made a true home for my mother. Everyday is special to her and we are at peace knowing that she is in awesome hands with the staff at Spring Hills Mount Vernon.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review. We truly appreciate your feedback and are thrilled we are exceeding your expectations!

Best experience ever!!

We are so thankful for the amazing staff here at Spring Hills! They have made a true home for my mother. Everyday is special to her and we are a peace knowing that she is in awesome hands with Spring Hills Mount Vernon.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review. We truly appreciate it.

very dirty. no home like feel. Wouldnt send my dog there.

Christina OLeary

We apologize for poor experience and thank you for your honest review. We vaule all feedback and will bring it to the attention of the community. If you have additional concerns, please feel free to contact the Executive Director at the community or the corporate office at [removed].

Move into Memory Care Facility

Moved ,with great trepidation, our Mother into the Memory Care here. Staff courteous and friendly and easily accessible to family at all times. Most impressed with the Activities.
My Mother used to sleep between meals and now participates in most of the activities including ;
gardening, games, some cooking, ball throwing and even remote control cars.
Staff asks residents to perform tasks they are used to from past such as napkin folding and cleaning tables- some useful
feeling. And residents seem to "snap" into things that they
are used to from their past lives. Thus far pleased.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review. We greatly appreciate it.

A Nice Place to be Part Of

This facility is well maintained. The hallways and common areas are kept clean and have ample walker and wheelchair accessibility. The resident room is also kept clean. The staff is very friendly and always available to help or answer questions. Care services are good but there is a 2 hr time frame between rounds so residents could have situations that may not be addressed quickly. There is however emergency cords in the bathrooms and a signal system on the bedside phone. These two systems do not seem to work well for memory impaired residents. The number of activities is a variety of games, art, music and visiting individuals and groups to entertain the residents. There is nice outdoor space that can be used as a group or just for outdoor sitting or strolling. Visitors are always welcomed and the atmosphere is quite pleasant.

Christina OLeary

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Reviews like this inspire our teams to continue to Care with a Commitment to Quality.

The staff is friendly

This is a nice community but on my last visit there was a strong stench in the facility. When I visit he is usually in his room alone. There should be more outdoor activities. Other than that, The staff is very friendly. He does enjoy the meals. The value is pretty good.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback.

My Rock at Spring Hills Mount Vernon Assisted Living

I have wanted to write a review for a long time but I kept putting it off. I think that it is time to speak about an employee at Spring Hills Mount Vernon (SH) --- Ms. Carolyn Ko, Director of Resident Care.

Anyone who is living or has lived with a loved one in dementia understands the stress that constantly increases as that loved one drifts further away.

Where do I turn to, where do I go from here, and more importantly, what lies ahead.

I needed an anchor, someone to talk to, in short, I needed a “ROCK” to hold on to in order to keep my emotions in check. I found that rock in Carolyn Ko.

My wife has been a resident at SH for the last 18 months. In that time Carolyn has been there for me. Listening to my babbling – just listening. Her presence gave me strength. Carolyn has the passion and compassion of her profession. Her counsel has always been straight forward and caring-- and it still is.

I remember the times when I was home in the evenings and the phone would ring. This would happen many times; sometimes at 8:00 pm and other times at 9 or 10 PM. I would answer the phone and the voice of Carolyn would come back at me with “Bill, this is Carolyn, what are you doing?” “Nothing” “Well I just left the office, talk to me”. She would then tell me all of my wife’s ups and downs, her setbacks and her accomplishments. She would call constantly. Needless to say that I found my “ROCK”.

I remember the night when the phone rang and you guessed it, it was Carolyn however it was a different type of phone call. “Bill, can I drop by for a glass of wine?” --- Sure.

That night we talked about what to expect and what I needed to do in preparation for finality. My ROCK talked and I cried. I needed to hear this, I needed to be prepared. I had mentioned my need for more information to Carolyn in the past and she ignored it. She just knew that I was not ready.

This night she knew that it was time. Sweet Carolyn sat there talking to me, holding my hand, letting me cry and then she told me that what I was doing was a normal part of the grieving process that it was alright to feel the way I did. She validated what I was saying and feeling.

This conversation could not be conducted in her office or over the phone. It had to take place in a comfortable familiar setting – my living room. Her foresight on how to approach this subject and where to conduct it was outstanding.

I am now empowered with the tools I need. I have her gift of knowledge.

My wife and I just celebrated our 55th year together. How much longer will I have her? Who knows. I do know that I am ready for whatever comes my way. Carolyn made me get ready. She made me get into a comfort zone. She made me stronger.

THE WORLD NEEDS MORE CAROLYN Ko’s.

Bill Young 10/8/14

Bill,
Thank you for your genuine feedback. Our continued goal is to exceed your expectations. Positive reviews like this really do inspire us.

Lovely place to live

My friend has been at Spring Hills since Oct.2014. The staff made her very welcome. They even asked about her favorite movies, music or special interest.The studios and one bedroom apts. are lovely. There is a great use of space in the studio apts. The large bathrooms is safe and easy to move around in. There is ample space to have enough furniture to put the residents own"stamp" on his/her apt., a small kitchen area, and a cozy sitting area. The staff plans weekly trips to nearby stores and outings for lunch and other activities. Spring Hills is kept very clean. I have found the staff to very helpful and pleasant. They go beyond just providing services they really care about the residents and their well-being. I recommend that you go to Spring Hills before you make your final choice.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your detailed feedback. Positive reviews like this inspire our teams to exceed your expectations.

All I hoped for and more

I searched hard to find quality and affordable care for my father. Spring Hills Mount Vernon is just such a place. The staff treat the residents like family and are very attentive to their needs. The facility is clean and inviting. And the dining room menu is full of wonderful choices. If you are looking for a caring and safe environment for your loved one, then look at Spring Hills Mt. Vernon. You won't be disappointed!

One grateful daughter

Stacy,
Thank you for your positive review. Your feedback is truly appreciated.

Review of Spring Hills - Alexandria, VA

Friendly and inviting. The staff is great. They are encouraging and readily match up a new tenant with an individual they feel may have some similarities so the individual feels readily accepted. I have high hopes for this place and refer to it as my new house.

Suzanne,
Thank you for your positive feedback. Our goal is to exceed your expectations.

Nice place, overall

Overall I thought things went well with Spring Hills Mount Vernon. The staff here were all very friendly, and they seemed to take very good care of the people who live here. One of the nurses in particular, Henrietta, was extremely helpful and communicative throughout our whole experience. The price is also very affordable, for the amount of care that they provide. However, they could do a better job when it comes to cleanliness, Mom's room was never very clean when we visited.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. All reviews are appreciated as we strive to exceed your expectations. Please contact the Executive Director of the community with any concerns or call us here at the corporate office at [removed].

Spring Hill ROCKS!!!!

I moved my Father into Spring Hill Mount Vernon several months ago. The staff is wonderful. They take great care of him, are very friendly, and truly care about his wellbeing. The facilities and activities are great as well and he loves the food (especially the French Fries). I couldn’t ask for better place for him.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. Our team strives to exceed the expectations of our residents and families.

I was thrilled to find Spring Hills Mt. Vernon when looking for a safe place for my mom who has dementia/alzheimers. The people are wonderful and I am living out of state, so really had to place my trust in them in order to leave my mom there. She is safe which is the biggest concern for me and has a lovely apt. Mom has gained weight and looks so much healthier now that she is eating correctly and staying active. The staff keep me informed and are always eager to talk when I call with questions or concerns.
I would give it 5 stars except for the fact that there has been a large turn over in management and nursing staff since mom has been there (17 months) and I would prefer more consistency there as well as some of the nursing staff are hard to understand due to English not being their first language. I would highly recommend this facility, it's expensive, but my peace of mind is much better because I know mom is safe.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for the time you took to write this positive review. We are dedicated to Caring with a Commitment to Quality and truly appreciate your feedback.

Good Choice

It has an upbeat, friendly atmosphere. Very light and airy inside. Everyone is so friendly and helpful; it's like a big family! My mother gets excellent care there.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your review. We are dedicated to Caring with a Commitment to quality and appreciate your feedback.

Good choice!

Very clean, light and airy, very friendly and helpful.
It feels like a family atmosphere ;it's easy to make new friends there.

The staff there are excellent!

Christina OLeary

We are glad you made a good choice with us and appreciate your positive review.

I have visited Springhills on several occasions with a friend visiting their loved one. I am always pleased with the cleanliness of the facility. They staff always smile and are very friendly. No matter what time I come to visit there is always something going on. Springhills is one of the best facilities that I have been in. Keep up the good work!

Review of Spring Hills Mount Vernon in Alexandria, VA

Very responsive and quick and efficient placement.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Communicative and professional staff

Things have gone very well so far at Spring Hills Mount Vernon! The staff are all very helpful, and obviously very dedicated to their jobs. They've been extremely forward in communicating costs and how things work at the facility. They schedule regular and very detailed and productive care meetings with families. They've already helped us identify a few different ways to improve the care my loved one is receiving, which I really appreciate.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Awesome!!!!

We reloacted our Mother to Spring Hills Mount Vernon from a facility in Maryland, The Residence on Greenblet, that was deplorable.
During our first visit, along with my Mother's assessment, we knew immediately that Spring Hills was home!
They have an AWESOME staff, who have proven to be caring, professional and have been 100% responsive and proactive relating to anything we need or have concerns about relating to our Mother's care.
We only wish we had knowledge of Spring Hills when we initially decided to locate our mother to an Assisted Living Facility!
The resident Concierge is exceptional! Promt repsonses to emails or phone calls at any given time. I encourage all facilities to have one, if there is not one is not on staff.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for the time you took to write this review. Your feedback is truly appreciated.

Review of Spring Hills Mount Vernon in Alexandria, VA

Tracey was great. Very helpful, answered all my questions.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback.

Warm and caring

Met with Sammy she was very professional, helpful and courteous. She took the time to fully explain what they have to offer and answed all of my questions. The facility is clean, the activities department is one of the most active I have seen in comparing to the other facilities I have visited. I met some of the residents while there and they really seemed at home, which gave my a nice comfort level.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. Your positive review is appreciated.

Review of Spring Hills Mount Vernon in Alexandria, VA

Outstanding visit. Tracy is very generous and personable, professional, thorough and made me feel well informed at at ease.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for reviewing us. We are dedicated to Caring with a Commitment to Quality.

I liked the fact that I saw...

I liked the fact that I saw residents doing things - very active activities personnel. Nice gardening plots, nice patio furniture, nice nooks for sitting throughout,nice staff members, enjoyed seeing pictures of residents with staff and family. Nice clean rooms, freshly painted, new carpet. negatives: faint smell of pine sol, location a little out of the way for kids sports, school activities (though is close to MIL - so could combine visits), costs still a concern.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive review. If you are in need of care and services while you are makng your decision, please contact Spring Hills Home Care Services at [removed]. We wish you luck in the decision making process.

They treat the residents like family!

One thing they do a great job of here is making the residents feel like family, which in turn makes the families feel comfortable knowing their loved one is in a safe place where people really care for them. The quality of everything they provide here is excellent all the way around! From the hands on care provided by the staff to little things like the maintenance staff making sure burnt out lightbulbs are replaced quickly. It's a great place, and I would definitely recommend it!

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. Your positive reviews are greatly appreciated as we continue to be the premiere healthcare provider in the communities we serve.

This was a very nice facili...

This was a very nice facility, but I did not want to travel to Mt. Vernon. It would be very hard to get back on Rt. 1 South depending on the time.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review. All feedback is appreciated. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact the Executive Director of the Community.

This is a wonderful place!

I really can't say enough about how glad we are we found this place. It's been so comforting for Mom, and provides so much peace of mind for us knowing that she is being looked after by such caring and compassionate people. From the moment we first walked in to tour they made us feel welcome, everyone stopped to greet us, and we could see that they all knew all the residents on a personal level. I was also glad to see how understanding and compassionate they were when interacting with their memory care residents. They've done a great job of keeping Mom active and social, and not just letting her stay in bed and withdraw.
Really the only complaint I have is that I think their restrooms in the public areas could be cleaned slightly more often.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your detailed review. All feedback is appreciated.

Shows well but ends there

I have rated the facility based on my overall experience with staff and service. I have mixed feelings on this place because it is my first experience with such a facility and there are some very nice people that work there. Unfortunately, I have not felt the warmth and care they advertise from the directors of this facility. I even had an issue where I called the Facility Director and he promised to sit in on a meeting and not only did he not sit in, the meeting was held outside of his office and he came out of his office and did not even bother to introduce himself or speak to me. I am not sure what I was expecting from this facility that charges a great amount of money but, the truth is, if it would not be such a traumatic event, I would be looking for another facility for my family. Apparently moving an older person is not good for them and causes anxiety and confusion. This is the only reason I still deal with this place. The common areas are well kept and clean. I think more attention is needed to individual rooms.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your detailed feedback. If you required further assistance, please reach back out to the Executive Director or contact the corporate office at [removed].

It's very clean, very nice, the staff...

It's very clean, very nice, the staff is very friendly. They have a really nice wellness center so if mom has the sniffles she can go there and they have a physical therapist and occupational therapy and a speech and memory specialist on staff as well as the nurse and her assistants so the care is very good. They have things going on throughout the day so she's pretty active. It's nice because they don't force her to do it, they suggest it and if she doesn't want to participate that's fine, she can go to her room and watch tv or write letters, but they do suggest it and encourage her to go. This is her first time away from her home that she was in for over 40 years, so she's having a hard time dealing with that, but she knows it's best for her care. They could improve on their availability; I'm having to deal with the time difference and all that, so having to call to talk to the director or the nurse and a lot of the time their voicemail is full. One nice thing is they will take her to her doctor appointments and she gets her prescriptions free through the military and they let her use that.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for the time you took for write this review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Wonderful, personal care; activities/facilty could improve

Overall, i think they're clean, but at the same time I think they could use some updating. It's not really that they're not clean, but you go in the elevator and it's just old. The areas that are seen by peope more often are defintiely better taken care of, it's more of behind the scene stuff. A thing that's sort of annoying is they don't have an electronic door to get in, like a handicapped accessible door.
The nursing care is very, very good, if I could give higher than a five I would, especially their Director of Nursing is really, really good, i like her a lot and they would be in a lot of trouble if they lost her. They have two different facilities there, one is called the Cottages and I believe that's their memory impared group so they'll take their memory folks on scenic drives and do other things outside the facility but in general they don't take them out, even for shopping, the may have 1 or 2 lunches out a month and the activites there seem to be a little too repetitive week to week. In addition to Carolyn being there most of the time they also have an RN whose job is to be at the facility all the time and that really makes a huge difference. They really know their patients and know how to make them happy and relaxed. Because of that my mom's blood sugar's better and she actually tells them when she does something she shouldn't have because she doens't feel liek she's going to get in trouble. They treat the residents with dignity, they don't forget that they're people.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for the time you took to write this detailed review. We appreciate your positive feedback.

The food is great

We looked at several other communities and felt like Spring Hills was the best suited for our situation and our loved one. The food is great and they provide a menu that has alternate meals to choose from. They had availability and we were able to move in fast. The community is very fine and we feel we made the right choice for our loved one.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

monica

spring hill mount vernon really has their act together. from the moment my wife and i walked thru the doors on our first day for our tour until today, the feeling of caring was felt by us. not only are they caring for my wife, but they are giving me much support during my transition period of adjusting without her at my side every day for the last 54+ years.

the employees at spring hill really care and they love their interaction.

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your feedback.

Wouldn't recommend unless your family member is completely able to care for themselves

Family member with limited mobility was not offered assisted showers on a daily basis as promised, even after numerous complaints; several medication mix-ups that included a dose of something that caused sleep for over 24 hours & when confronted with incorrect red pill in med chest, nothing was done, only a 'I'll look into it to see it doesn't happen again," but others did happen. At least 5 falls, one resulting in ambulance ride, ED visit & I wasn't called until 4 hours after the fall. Wandering "residents" that continued to come into my family members room at all hours of the night & day with no viable means of correcting this problem because "Director" didn't want to upset the family (didn't want to deliver the message that some residents needed to be in the lock down unit & maybe cause the paying family to pull out resident). Lots of mumbo jumbo about how many meds mom was taking & what level service she would be required (although most meds were PRN). Tried bait & switch tactics on changing rooms, to a larger more expensive room because someone else had just gotten the last smaller room because we couldn't come in sooner & sign the papers. They may boast about the dietary restrictions, but unless it has to do with diabetes or allergies, they could care less. Found mom drinking coffee one evening around 8:00pm, & this was her 3rd cup. Then they had to give her ambien to get her to sleep. Dr visits were NON-EXISTENT, I tried to catch him on his Thursday visits for over 2 months & never saw him, he always just left, at 10:00 am??? or got called away to the hospital. Medicine changes happened for no reason & always for the higher tier drugs & they are faxed & brought over from a place in MD in large blister packs, so I couldn't tell you if they were these new drugs or the old ones. Her Plan D was getting charged the higher price & I was stuck with $40 & up co-pays. Director not responsive to feedback. Took mom out, placed her at Emeritus at Arlington & LOVE IT!!!

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome all reviews. Should you find you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach back out to our Executive Director.

Staff was very friendly and accommoda...

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Aura of Hotel environment. Clean and orderly and well organized. Food menu featured a variety of excellent choices and luncheon served was tasty as well as delicious. Tour Guide very knowledgeable & Helpful. Deserves a 2nd look!

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. All reviews are appreciated.

Small facility w activities

Small facility w activities

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback.

Nice facility. Clean/fresh. Just off...

Nice facility. Clean/fresh. Just off Rte 1 near Belvoir.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review.

Outstanding. This facility provides p...

Outstanding. This facility provides patient care with a high standard of living with style. The service providers are experts in the area of gerontology. Definitely a place for my mom! I Would highly recommend this facility to everyone.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review. We aspired to exceed your expectations.

My visit was extremely plesant. Very...

My visit was extremely plesant. Very informative. I was impressed with the environment.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. Your positive review is appreciated.

Very nice, clean place. Loved speakin...

Very nice, clean place. Loved speaking with the Director today. The delux was small and the 1 bedroom was not available to see. We walked away thinking about it, but will have to see mother's reaction.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all reviews.