The Windcrest on Van Dorn - Lincoln, NE

I moved my Mother-in-Law to Windcrest 1 1/2 years ago. She recently celebrated her 100th Birthday there!

The food is good and there are many wonderful options to choose from. The dining room staff is very friendly and accommodating.

The nursing staff has been very good to her and I appreciate them keeping me informed of any changes.

She chooses not to participate in activities so I don’t really have an opinion on that!

The building is very clean and well maintained!

The office staff is very professional and approachable and go out of their way to make Windcrest a very welcoming place to live.

Went beyond the contract to help

My parents and I were happy to find a place with Assisted Living care for my Dad and a companion arrangement for my Mom. They have been together 69 years and it was very important for them to be together. Sadly within three days my Dad's condition deteriorated and he needed skilled nursing care. We had to relocate them both. The staff at windcrest graciously waived certain contractual obligations and refunded a fair amount of the expense we had paid in advance. I can honestly state that they treated my parents wonderfully and went beyond the contractual limitations when the unexpected happened.

Excellent Staff at this Community

Everything is working out very well for my mother with her move to this community. We are very satisfied with her move to this facility. This is a great community. They have been very accommodating, the staff is excellent. I couldn't say enough wonderful things about the staff, they are great. There activities available all day. She loves the food, the meals are nice. We have already recommended this community to our friends. It is working out very well for us.

Such a Great Tour

When you walk in there is stairway with a chandelier hanging in the entry. I thought it was a beautiful place and the room was nice with a home feeling. The invited us for a meal. The food was very great and they had great options to pick from. It was a fantastic tour but my mom thought is was a little too fancy for her.

Home Sweet Home!!

When i first came to the community i felt a wonderful atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and it was clean. My mother is now residing here and she loves it. The staff encourages her on a level to participate in activities. Meals provided for the residents are good. I feel she is in a safe community.

Very unprofessional and don't care for patients l.

Very disappointed in the place. Told they would provide care for my client and with in days of her moving in they said they couldn't take care of her and the only way she could stay is if she had 24/7 care from an outside source. Found out they weren't give her meds right refused yo give meds and also found out they forget to do paperwork to get her some of her meds. They tried to get her commitment to [Removed] because they didn't want her there and when told that she wouldn't be committed the refused to let her come back. So they just left her out on the street. Staff is never available can never find anyone and takes at least a half hour for them to answer call light. So would not recommend this place.

Wonderful Place for Seniors

The Windcrest on Van Dorn is a wonderful place for seniors needing additional help with the activities of daily living. The staff is very compassionate and helpful. The facility is clean and bright with plenty of activities to keep your loved one busy. Would highly recommend The Windcrest on Van Dorn!

Excellent Community

My Mom is a resident at The Windcrest on Van Dorn and really enjoys being there. I have eaten there myself and the food is very good. The dining staff seems very well organized. They have a separate dining area for when family visits. There is a wide variety of food and a regular and special menu. It appears that they are properly staffed and no issues have come up. The residents wear safety pendants and calls are answered promptly. They do go on outings and the only complaint I may have is there is only room for one wheelchair patient and it fills up quickly. Overall I am impressed with this community and the staff!

Happy

Very good happy with the choice to live here.

The Windcrest was lovely. ...

The Windcrest was lovely. The rooms were spacious. This is definitely a place that I would choose for my grandfather.

Spacious rooms Excellent dining

Mom really wanted to move in to another assisted living community, because she knows several people who live there. We had to wait for a vacancy. The Windcrest on Van Dorn was an excellent choice for the 10 weeks we had to wait.
Mom is 92 and had lived in her own home for over 50 years. Our concerns for her were that her memory is failing and it wasn't safe for her to climb stairs or live alone. Mom spent most of her life preparing meals for her family and others. She retired from a position as a cafeteria manager and Food Service Instructor, and continued to work in the kitchen at her church until she was 90. Several times, she commented, "They feed us really good here." And she did gain a few pounds, which she really needed to do. The cost was a little higher than where she is now, but her room at The Windcrest was considerably larger.

So Far It's Good

My aunt just does not participate in any of the activites but I'm sure they're very good. She's doing pretty well but she still thinks she's going to get to go home.

So far, it's gone very well. They were very friendly and the people that I talked to are all very knowledgeable. They always keep me informed of what's going on so I appreicate that. It is turning out to be more expensive than we thought it would be.

Very impressed with all aspects of th...

Very impressed with all aspects of the facility.

Find your freedom at The Windcrest on Van Dorn, offering Assisted Living services in Lincoln, Nebraska. Featuring spacious apartments, dedicated staff available 24 hours a day and a warm community filled with the most sought-after amenities, our community invites residents to enjoy the best years of their lives. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living – freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning in surroundings that are kind and gracious – with the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. Our excellent location puts residents near plenty of choices for dining and shopping as well as medical care in case of emergencies.