The Wellington at Dayton - Dayton, OH

We toured this facility and felt it had all that was needed for our parents, even though they are not ready. We will be ready when the time is right. We love the fact meals are included and the community is clean. Residents and staff seemed happy and friendly

Very nice, the location was to south to meet our needs

Nice facilities and [Removed] was a gracious host.

I do not recommend Wellington Memory Care

I had my mom in the new memory care unit. Let me start with the positive: the place is bright and not “hospital like” and the food was great. She was there 9 months. First off, we told them all along that we would be converting to Medicaid and no one bothered to mention that they do not take Medicaid. Granted maybe we did not directly ask (honestly I thought we did but cant remember) but they should have warned us. Secondly, they have a very high turn over of aides on this unit. The ones that did stay called off a lot so the unit was short staffed 80% of the time. At one point we had to hire our own because had been to the ED 5 times because of moms falls and we were feed up. Many of the aides were on there phones constantly. They are supposedly trained in how to deal with Alzheimer’s patients but you would never know as they were loud and too quick with them. There also is a huge lack of communication. All we heard was “I don’t know” when we asked questions about mom. Nurse to nurse and aide to nurse handoff communication did not happen. If you are still reading this review I will say that this was a brand new unit for the Wellington but that is no excuse for how this unit was run. We heard a lot of “we are working on it” when we had concerns also. There were some good aides and nurses over the nine months also but most left because it was not a well run unit. Our having to move our mom was a blessing in disguise.

Wonderful Community, My Mother Is Doing Very Well

We are very pleased with my mothers move to this community. This community is working out well for her, and her needs. She is doing very well. This is a lovely community. Every time we visit the community, and her room are well maintained. Her apartment is nice, and large. The experience is going very well, and we satisfied with everything they have done for our family. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Might Be Relocating To Here

My clients family members seem to like this community much better than where she is now. They feel that it has a lot more to offer in activities. It is a much larger community so it gives her more opportunities to meet new people and to socialize more. The community looks clean and the staff seems to be nice and knowledgeable

A good experience!

My brother toured The Wellington at Dayton. He said it was a good tour and everyone was very friendly. It was a good experience.

Work in Progress

It has been a work in progress for my mother since her move to this community. Things have gotten better now overall. It was a ruff start at first, but they have picked up a lot of the slack. This is community is working out well for my mother, and her needs so far.

We seem to like it very well so far.

We seem to like it very well so far. The food is good, it's kept clean. We don't have any major complaints so far. I would give them a five.

Best Community for My Mother

My mother is doing well since her move to this community. I do feel this is the best community for her, and her needs. She is safe, and receiving great care. The only concern she has had is the high over with the dining staff. Other than that issues, the care staff is good. They have a decent amount of activities available for residents. She has tired some of them. She is pleased with the meals. Overall all is well so far, and I would recommend this community. It is nice a facility.

The price is excellent.

The food is hit or miss and it is not consistent. I do not get a response to my concerns from anyone except the marketing director. We have been trying to deal with a maintenance issue and although they are understaffed in this area it would be nice to get a response back. The common areas are clean, however we have to call weekly to see when they will be cleaning mom's apartment. She likes her room and they do offer daily activities.

Friendly residents

I have to say that I am very thankful to all of the residents at this community they have really welcomed my mother with open arms and have made her feel right at home. They all eat there meals together and then enjoy a few games of cards after as well as other activities throughout the week. I do have to say the only complaint she has had is the quality of the food they have. My mom says it does not seem like they have a chef working and the food is poorly prepared.

I appreciate a place for mom. It is a wonderful service! Stacy was my adviser. She was very helpful to me and my family. Thank you for this service!

A Great Place For My Father

My father is doing great here at this community, I'am very pleased with his move here. It is a very nice looking community, they do a very good job keeping everything very well maintained. The staff is very good, they are very helpful and attentive. There are activities available. They do serve well balanced meals, the food is pretty good. Lauren Williams was amazing with all the help she provided us with, she was excellent. I know he is being cared for well, and I would highly recommend this community.

Do Not Recommend

No activities. Gem City is a joke they do not care about the safety of the resident or the family members. The food was good and it looks nice from the outside but please do your homework. I would not recommend this facility. I hope this will help others in the future. We learned the hard way.

The Wellington of Dayton is not a good choice for assisted living!

There is not enough space on this site for me to put down every issue we had with my Mom while at the Wellington of Dayton.

I even attempted to raise issues to their parent company [Removed] and after all the documentation I sent to them, I can't get them to return my phone calls.

During the time my Mom was at the Wellington of Dayton, we had numerous conferences with the Director and head of nursing, but we did not see any positive outcome from our concerns/complaints. There were 3 times I found my Mom un-responsive and called 911, there were numerous times she called me to say that they had not responded to her call button. While the actual care givers seem to "care", there were not enough of them to support the promises made prior to signing the contract. The worst thing that happen was my Mom had untreated wounds, which is extremely dangerous. The new facility we moved her too discovered them on day one and called in wounds specialists to ensure they were treated.
The Wellington will talk a good story when they are showing you the facility, but if your loved one needs assisted living this is not the place you should choose. During the time my Mom was there, it was daily visits to ensure they were doing what we were paying for them to do. There was no peace of mind until we moved her to another facility in the area.

The family likes it but it's a big adjustment for her.

The family likes it but it's a big adjustment for her. She complains about the typical stuff. She doesn't like the food so much, and she feels the response is longer than she would like. The other residents are pretty friendly, and welcoming so far though.

Patience has ended

Constant turnover of staff, long waits on call button, it is not infrequent for my parent to wait 30 minutes to be taken to the bathroom. Meds not given as directed. We are looking for another place.

In the last year there has been no driver for the bus to take residents on outings.

The facility is beautiful, the food is good and the apartment is kept clean by the housekeeping staff

Very nice and friendly place with good food and lots to do. However, not appropriate for someone with medical needs outside routine meds.

Great Choice!

I'm a clean freak so I can't give anyplace 5 stars but it is clean. The residence are nice and friendly. Staff is outstanding! Very happy with the decision to move my mother here.

Five-Stars

They were very friendly. They helped and answered all our questions. Their meals and food service seems to be excellent. I don't have anything bad to say about it. Anything we have observed or participated in went above and beyond our expectations.

No, period. Unimpressed, overpriced, 2 stars is being nice. Poor outdoors, ugly rooms and hallways, 8 year old building but seems like a 40 year old building, boring decor.

Positives: fireplace, elevators worked.

It is a excellent place to be at. They provide everything here at the facility that my mom needs and im out no money as at the other facility she was at I was out of a lot of money they where not doing anything. The food is pretty good and better than where she was and my mom has choices on each meal. The wellington at Dayton is a beautiful place. Because of my moms sickness she doesn't do any activities but im sure good.

Review of The Wellington at Dayton Assisted Living in Dayton, OH

Very nice. Felt warm. Only issue is private pay assisted living

One-time fee $1,200 Monthly...

One-time fee $1,200 Monthly $2,750

I took my daughter with me ...

I took my daughter with me to see this one and we both liked it very much. I haven't had a chance to take Mother to see it, but I put a deposit on it to hold it with the special price that they are having right now. It is refundable if Mother doesn't want it after seeing it, if she has not moved in.

Another lovely place. Full ...

Another lovely place. Full size kitchen and large rooms. Seemed like a lot of walking. Multi floors are not the best option for us.

Very Happy

We are very happy with Wellington and would recommend it to anyone.

They seemed to be very nice, but it wasn't the right fit for us.

They seemed to be very nice, but it wasn't the right fit for us. The rooms that were available when we went to look, were really far from the dining room, we thought this would be too far for her. They had recently had a flood when we visited as well. It was still a mess. The rooms were efficiency rooms, and it was a little more expensive, than what we were looking at elsewhere.

Nice facility

The place had water damage from broken pipes when I moved my mother in but her room was nice and clean and fresh. Loved the high ceilings and large window with the view of the courtyard. The staff is always willing to help. They do seem to take longer than normal to respond to the alarms from the residents, but it is most likely do to the level of care some require.

I think more encouragement from the staff to participate in activities would be helpful for new people to become more comfortable with the surroundings. The food is better than the last place my mother was residing

Parking in front is an issue but most of the residents live in back anyway.

This would have been my cho...

This would have been my choice if Elmcroft did not come up with shared room. The director of nursing was an awesome person! very knowledgeable and assuring. Spent 2 hrs on my tour and returned a second time.

Really liked the facility. Likes the...

Really liked the facility. Likes the apartment feel of the rooms.

Too small, but nice rooms. Should tak...

Too small, but nice rooms. Should take them there. But bad driving in and out of the place, congested area.

No grass or gardens.

No grass or gardens.

Our Independent Living and Assisted Living community in Dayton, Ohio, boasts apartments with walk-in closets and washers and dryers so residents feel truly at home with the added benefit of emergency call buttons and personal security systems for solid peace of mind. Our caring and professional staff members provide a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with the activities of daily living. Be assured The Wellington provides quality care that allows residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment with personal laundry and weekly housekeeping and flat-linen services.