10 Wilmington Place - Dayton, OH

Beautiful facility, ALOT of natural light. Rooms are spacious and priced very reasonable.

Loved the facilities and some of the unique amenities. Disappointed that two bathroom and in apartment laundry rooms were not options. Overall excellent place!

Comfortable Care!!

My sister has recently made the move into this community and I could have not picked a better place for her too go. The staff are absolutely amazing and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving. She has really been enjoying the dinning experience with the other residents as well as the activity program. This place has made a world of difference in her attitude and she is very happy with the outcome.

This is my second tour of 10 Wilmington. I still feel it is heads above any of the other facilitates I have visited. I love that has been family owned for thirty years. The condition of the building and grounds is VERY impressive. Super nice people.

Loved this property! [Removed] was wonderful. We were impressed that she knew residents by name, all over the home. Would love for my mother to live here.

Find another place

run away and find another place. This is a for profit place that charges rent and provides zero care. When in Independent living and confused about how to navigate the halls and elevators to get to the basement dining room the response from staff was-if you can't figure it out, move to Assisted LivingL. Well AL was even worse. 4x the cost of IL and NO assistance. Charged for Level 2 of care when not on any meds, or in need of physical assistance. Was told assessed at LV2 because of the need to be reminded the time to take the elevator down a floor to the dining room. Housekeeping did not empty trash, vacuum, help bathe, wipe off vanity or mirror...did I mention NEVER a care conference? Do I need to go on? After paying for 4 yrs and running out of money, the staff all of a sudden found the family's contact info and said they did not have the accomodations to care for her any longer, even though upon move in Sally and the Controller told us they would take an AL Medicaid waiver. Deceit and lies no honest caregiving here.

Joe Williams

10 Wilmington Place has been providing quality senior care in the Dayton market for 30+ years. We regret you felt the need to write this review, but we respectfully disagree with many of the comments. As displayed in most of the reviews on-line, we have a strong customer service history and remain committed to providing a welcoming and caring environment.

A Good Tour and A Possible Option

We narrowed down our options to a few things like
pricing and how the communities were different. None of the tours were bad. The staff here were excellent to meet with. The woman, [removed], gave us the tour and answered our questions.

all show and no go

I moved my mother from this place 2 months after she moved in. All show and no go as far as assisted living care. My mother had doctor's orders to have pureed thin diet and honey thick liquids. I visited my mother in the dining room on many occasions and she was given regular meals which could have caused her to choke and/or aspirate. She was also almost given her meds in pill form with a glass of water to take with the pills, when all her meds must be crushed and put in pudding before ingesting. I do not recommend 10 Wilmington Place Dayton OHio

Joe Williams

10 Wilmington Place has been providing quality senior care in the Dayton market for 30+ years. As displayed in most of the reviews on-line, we have a strong customer service history and remain committed to providing a welcoming and caring environment.

Room for mom

I toured this community and found that my mom would have had to share a room with someone. The staff was nice and caring. The food was appealing and the residents were offered to participate in a lot of nice activities. I would suggest a tour for families.

Very Impressive Tour

I was very impressed with our tour of this community. This is very nice community. Everything looked great, and very well-kept. The staff was very kind, and courteous. It was very pleasant experience. My mother felt this community would be too over whelming for her, but it is a very nice facility. I would even live at this community when I get older, it is a really nice community.

A tour for us

I toured this community for my mom's care. The staff was very helpful and nice. The community was very clean and maintained nicely. They offer good activities for everyone who wants to participate. They had a variety of meals that are offered. I would recommend the care and value to other familiesl

Awesome Service!

This community has lots to offer for their residence. The staff is great with my loved one. Everyone form the staff to the residence were so welcoming to me and my loved one. The rooms at this community are a good size and they provide a lot of natural light. I would have to say that this place is unusually good.

My Father Has Adjusted Well to This Community

Everything is working out very well for my father here at this community. He seems to have adjusted well to it and is happy. It is a nice looking community, everything is very nice and clean. They have an excellent staff, they are caring for him well. This is a community I would recommend, he is in good hands here. They are providing him with great care.

They accept pets!!

I was really impressed with this community during our tour. The staff were nice and knowledgable. The rooms were a little smaller. We did not choose this community as it was a little to far away from family.

Best move for mom!

My mother moved in to her apt. last November 2015. She was able to bring her own furniture which helped with the transition after being in her own home for over 70 years. She enjoys taking the shuttle to church and the stores as well as the day trips planned. The dinners are great and she is eating better than she did while living alone. She has made many new friends, goes to the exercise classes and loves the sing-alongs with songs from the 40's. We believe this was the absolute best place for mom and it's nice knowing she is as busy as ever but in a safe environment. I like the fact that there is a capital improvement plan in place to maintain the facility. Also, her linen and towels are cleaned by staff every two weeks. She likes to be independent and do a lot of things herself but there are some things she can't handle anymore so this place is perfect. The staff were very helpful with her move, accomodating us in every step since we moved mom there from out of state. Her children smile every day when we talk to her because she is enjoying her life there!!

Such a caring community!

10 Wilmington Place is such a delightful place to be! The residents are all very happy and since moving my mother in law in she hasn't had any complaints. She is very happy there and the staff take very great care of the residents! They are truly outstanding and have plenty of activities for the residents to stay busy. All of us kids have been able to sit down and have a meal with her and the food is amazing! They use all natural ingredients and don't include salt or sugar in their food. Mom isn't completely happy with that but she has the option to add salt on her own I think she just forgets. I most definitely would recommend the place as well as A Place For Mom. Michelle [last name removed] definitely made it easier for us to find the best match for Mom! I am beyond grateful!

Excellent senior living!

We couldn't be happier with 10 Wilmington Pl.! My dad has lived there now for a couple of months and is very happy. The residents are all so friendly and appear to be very happy. The food is delicious, my dad described it as feeling like he was on a cruise ship! He loves the activities, too! Also, great value for the money. We love that it is family-owned and not run by a corporation.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This place looked very very nice! The facility was well kept and clean, and the grounds were beautiful. Unfortunately it did not appear that they provided the level of care that my loved one required. It seemed like it would be a great place for someone who only needed independent living, however!

Our family's experience at this facil...

Our family's experience at this facility was horrible! Their memory care unit does not have adequate staff to take care of the health care needs of those w/dementia and other ailments. Our family left this facility with a concussion and severely malnourished according to her hospital records.

I would not recommend anyone with a family member needing extra assisted living due to dementia to place a family member at this facility.

They spend a lot of money on the looks of the place but what they really need to do is spend their money on providing good health care givers.

$2,000/mo independent livin...

$2,000/mo independent living $4,200/mo assisted living They said there is no aid available for independent living. Not within our budget

It is a beautiful facility....

It is a beautiful facility. Myra was very helpful and informative. It is just too big for my Dad. Lots of walking yo and from his room and to other activities.

No high pressure to sign a ...

No high pressure to sign a lease....wonderful tour! The community was very pleasant.

The friendliness of the staff is defi...

The friendliness of the staff is definitely a plus for 10 Wilmington Place! However, there have been instances with the director where I felt she listened to my concerns, but already had her mind made up. Another concern we've noticed is the way the dining is split up. They separate those in Independent Living from anyone who needs any sort of assistance (memory care included). This creates a feeling of segregation, and doesn't allow people who have the mental capabilities to socialize with others at meal times. Other than that, Myra and Donna are fantastic and were up front with us from the beginning.

Nice place, not sure if it ...

Nice place, not sure if it is the right fit for my Dad's needs. I met with Myra Lowden.

Beautiful facility - unfort...

Beautiful facility - unfortunately it was out of her price range.

Excellent choice

My brother really enjoys living at 10 Wilmington Place. Everyone there is so helpful and very nice. As my brother says, the food is " delicious "! He enjoys the movie theatre and loves his apartment. We are very happy with our decision.

Spoke with April Zwick. Probably too...

Spoke with April Zwick. Probably too expensive.

10 Wilmington Place has been privately owned and operated by the Humphries family for more than 30 years. Ask anyone what sets 10 Wilmington Place apart and they will quickly tell you, “We are family here”. Experience personalized, compassionate care and service in a friendly, family owned community.
The entire staff at 10 Wilmington Place is focused on keeping you as independent as possible. As your needs change, we change with you by offering individualized, continued care that is right for you.
All our living options allow you to enjoy a stress-free, maintenance-free lifestyle, giving you time to live your life to the fullest. And it’s all at an affordable price.