Brighton Gardens of Washington Township - Dayton, OH

A homey community

I love the caregivers at this community they take such good care of mom. This is a smaller community with a nice sitting area and everything is close by. The doors lock when you enter the memory care unit. The community is clean and they have a nice outside sitting area. I would recommend this community.

A good tour!

My sister toured Brighton Gardens, and I think we walked away with the impression that they are very professional. It was a good experience to tour.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to provide us with lots of great information as well as answer questions we had for them in detail. The property was clean and nicely maintained which I was impressed with. It just did not fit in my mothers budget the way we needed it too.

My Thought Of The Tour

Brighton Gardens seemed like a nice clean community. The people that we met during our tour were nice. This is a larger community and we did not feel this would work for our loved one.

Care for family

This community was not for us due to the form of payment of Medicaid waiver. The staff was nice and the community was clean and taken care of. The menu seemed appealing. They do offer activities for the residents to participate. I would recommend families tour this community for care for a loved one.

5 Stars!

The staff at this community are helpful and friendly. They offer daily activities. Mom likes the food. We did have an issue with some of her medication, however they are taking the proper steps to correct this issue. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Overall Great Place

Very friendly. Clean, no smell, close 2 miles from my home, Good size 105 residents, Room options, Lots of activities,

I would have liked a more detailed welcome for my mom. but it was ok. Wanted to meet the caregiver on Welcome. Had a great Director meeting.

Overall, Pleased

Our loved one moved to Brighton Gardens of Washington Twp. within the past month. When visiting various communities, Brighton Gardens stood out because of the friendliness and "can do" attitude of the staff, the various tiers of assisted living available, the choices of foods at mealtimes, the location of the available apartments, the number and timing of activities, and the facility's condition and brightness.

Keeping in mind the short length of time our loved one has lived there, we are pleased overall with the care and concern. There are a few small issues and one not-so-small issue that we are addressing; we understand that "kinks" have to be worked out in any new living situation. Time will tell how these issues are remedied.

Also, there is a lengthy Personal Profile that is completed by or for every new resident which is intended to help staff get to know him or her better. At this point, it appears that only upper staff have reviewed this profile; the floor staff seem unaware of it.

The cost is not cheap, yet it's not the most expensive, given that costs increase as the "tier" need increases. I would place the general costs within upper mid-range of similar tiered AL communities. The cost of medication management and delivery is very high, although thus far it has been given correctly and on a timely basis.

It is difficult to hire and keep good care staff; Brighton Gardens is no exception. We have witnessed staff who need additional training and supervision, but also staff who go out of their way to smile and talk, and who understand the "big picture" of senior living. It would be nice if all care staff spoke more loudly and directly to our elders, and waited a moment to make sure their words are understood.

Again, overall we are happy with our choice and understand that nothing is perfect. However, it's how the imperfections are rectified that will maintain our and our loved one's happiness.

Sunrise Senior Living

I really like the place so far!

Of course my husband says he wants to come home but other than that things are going really well. The staff have been very nice and helpful. The food is very good and the nurses at Brighton Gardens are fantastic! Although my husband won't participate in any activities there is plenty for him to do. I really like the place and would certainly recommend them to a friend!

Highly recommend Brighton Gardens

Dad has been there one week and the services has been outstanding. I hesitated, because of the lower price for the level of care, but the location was perfect. I am so glad I selected Brighton Gardens. You cannot find friendlier, helpful people. The staff interacts with the residents constantly. It is very clean and does not have an oder. The food is excellent and and the serving staff are very friendly and try to accomodate each person to their specific needs. They have a family physician, podiatrist and PT services on site. The only thing they do not have is a dentist - but they do transport a resident to any destination. They have daily activities which are scaled to the residents capability. I highly recommend Brighton Gardens no matter what the level of care your love one may need.

Mixed experience

Brighton Gardens seems like a nice place, overall, but there are a few issues I think they could work on. The facility itself is well kept and clean for the most part, and the administrative and front desk staff were all very friendly and professional. However, I think the aide staff could be better trained and better managed. With a few exceptions it seemed like it was a lot of younger people who would rather have been playing with their phones.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Very nice place!

Overall I think they do a good job at Brighton Gardens. One thing I think they do well in particular is have designated caregivers for each resident. It gives both people a chance to get to know one another, and for the caregiver to get to know the schedules, likes, and dislikes of the person they're working with, it's a good system! They also do a great job with the food here! I also like that they offer the ability to do a sort of "trial" stay. You can signed your loved one up for a 30 day respite stay to see if they like it, and then convert to full time from there if it works out!

Brighton Gardens.

Everyone I interacted with was friendly and helpful. They made mom feel at home and comfortable.

Pleasant Atmosphere

It was a very pleasant surprise when I entered this facility for a tour. It did not feel or look like a "nursing home." This was a place I could put my husband. He has been there 1 week so we are both adjusting to our new lives and it will take more time than I realized. He is at the highest level of care since he came from the hospital to Brighton. The staff are very friendly and always helpful. The care managers seem to be very attentive most of the time and answer his calls in acceptable time. Of course, being new to Brighton it will take time for them to get to know him and for him to settle into his new home. He says the food is good and he has participated in some of the activities. The best part for him is he can puff on a cigar and have a beer in the screened in porch - almost like home.

good overall experience

Things for the most part have gone very very well with Brighton Gardens. The food is excellent. Mom is safe and being taken good care of.

I do wish that they had some more activities for mom to do.

It has been really hard to get a good understanding of how everything works there. I would like to have a better working relationship with the staff there, and a process to get the residents and their families better introduced and acclimated.

On the whole it has been a good experience and I'm planning on keeping mom there.

Sunrise Senior Living

We'd like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise so we can make your mom's transition as happy and easy as possible. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with more details. Thank you! Sunrise Team

Friendly family oriented community!

Things have gone very well with Brighton Gardens! It's a nice looking, well kept, clean community, and everyone seems very friendly! The whole place just seems very family and community oriented. You can always find someone to talk to, and the place just has a friendly atmosphere in general!

I loved this place. It woul...

I loved this place. It would have been perfect except the rooms very very small. We would have had to buy another bed for him. The kitchenette only had a dorm size frig under the cabinet. I would worry about him bending over and falling. Very honey though and a wonderful tour.

They were nice and clean and friendly.

They were nice and clean and friendly. They were a true assisted living, and we were looking for something a little more independent. The rooms here were smaller than what we wanted and were looking at in other places. They only had a kitchenette, not full kitchens. They were also a little more expensive, than if we went more independent.

They do a great job at this facility....

They do a great job at this facility. They're very caring, and get to know each resident very well on a personal level. They really make an effort to help residents acclimate to their new environment, which is very important and helpful for alzheimer's patients.

They were just great! It's been like a breath of fresh air.

They were just great! It's been like a breath of fresh air. She is just a happy camper. She is always busy being social so I can't reach her on the phone during the day cause she is out and about. The people are really nice, and the director was very helpful! They have a community dog, and I love it.

Wonderful, clean, friendly ...

Wonderful, clean, friendly place. Rooms 'felt' small. Was hoping for a kitchenette, not just a mini-fridge.

They do well but some things could be better

I am absolutely happy with them because my aunt now has to be fed, I go there on Sundays so I dont know how they do it during the week and that probably could be a little bit better but at least they're eating. There's a lady who sits at my aunts table and when they feed her theres food all over her mouth and they could do a better job of keeping her clean. There was another lady, when he fed her, she ate everything except some food fell on the table and when they took the plate away they didnt clean the food away and she starting pawing at it, it got all over her. All you have to do is wipe the food away, how hard is that? They are very caring people and do well but some things could be better. Its very difficult to deal with people who pretty much cant help themselves at all, theyre doing a real good job and they will take care of her as long as she can stay. They always call me if for some reason she falls, they call me right away and let me know.

They have a beautiful dining room, its like being on a cruise ship without the water! Its really really nice, well laid out and I'm really happy with them there!

My sister and her husband had a tour ...

My sister and her husband had a tour and they were very impressed. I've also had a tour.

very nice.wii dog,cat, cookies; direc...

very nice.wii dog,cat, cookies; director talked with us, nice guy; has memory care area, patio area;

very expensive - great memory care un...

very expensive - great memory care unit and 3 care givers - same everyday. cabinet in kitchn ( defaced)..... acted as if they may not have a bed for medcaid waiver when we need it down the road.... great outdoor facility.

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.