Brookdale Oakwood - Oakwood, OH

Pleased With My Mothers Here

I'am satisfied with my mothers move to this community. She is doing well , and in good hands. They have a great staff, and they are helpful when needed. When I visit the community, and her room are nice, and clean. They do provide nice meals, and offer good activities for the residents. Everything is working out well for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Attentive Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to provide us with lots of great information as well as answer questions we had for them in detail. The property was clean and nicely maintained which I was impressed with. It just did not fit in my mothers budget the way we needed it too.

Lots of great amenities!!

The thing I am most impressed with at this community would have to be all the amazing amenities. They not only have a great activity list but they also have it so the residents are able to get there nails and hair done on campus. They also have parties for special occasions and holidays which is fun for them. She has had no complaints about the food and enjoys her dinning experience with the other ladies.

I am at the start of checking out places with memory care for my dad. I'm very impressed with everything from the tour. The residents were a delight and [Removed] and staff were so friendly. Everyone greeted them and all areas were clean. This is definitely in the running.

Beautiful facility, only 42 units so it has a family atmosphere which is very nice. Kitchenette in the units, lovely dining room on first floor serving 3 meals per day. Very attentive staff - loved ones would be well cared for here.

Excellant Care in Every Area

My mom is happy with the community. Food is excellant and gives more then once choice for all meals. Staff is excellant and they always seemed to be able to assist in every area of my mom's needs. She was given daily exercise to keep her active. Did not do activities with others. Very satitisfied over all.

Everything Is Fine

Everything has been fine, I don't have any problems. They can't seem to get there billing straightened out though, I've been billed twice now and it's both been wrong. The room is too small. From what I hear the food is good. The staff is always friendly and it is a good location. I think it is just a little small and crowded.

Nice place, overall

I think they're doing a good job at Brookdale Oakwood. I like the amount of personalized care that each resident receives! My loved one has memory issues and I like knowing that the staff at Brookdale are keeping him active and social. It's a very nice place overall!

I liked the community.

This is one of the places I have toured as I have been looking around. I liked the community. I thought it looked attractive. It was clean and well maintained.

Too early

My brother liked the place when he visited but mom has not moved in yet.

Very nice looking community

I toured this location when I was looking into care options for my loved one. This place looked very nice during the tour. The staff were all very friendly and seemed like they could provide adequate care, and the facility itself was clean and well kept. However this option was a bit too far from family members to be an option we could really consider.

They are really on top of our needs.

We have a lot of spatial needs and they have really leapt to the floor and are keeping on top of it. The food is ok. The billing system could be improved. They send them from one big billing center, and there are often mistakes, but they sort things out right away. You have to really check the bill. We had to have a home that would do a two person transfer and they could accommodate.

Brookdale Place at Oakwood provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

At Brookdale Place at Oakwood we promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Brookdale Place at Oakwood provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services to those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietician, helps residents retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.