Elmcroft of Washington Township - Miamisburg, OH

Under staffed. Staff lacked proper training.

Mixed thoughts

Is not what was expected. My parent had been there for several weeks and had complained about lack of timely response to support button calls. This was witnessed also by myself and my siblings on several occasions. Also had occasions where bathing needs were not addressed for days, since assistance was required. Moved to a different facility for more attentive and appropriate care. Facility staff was hit or miss....some were really warm and others not. Great program with the greeter / therapy dog
Facility is a bit older but appeared clean and maintained. Layout is a bit confusing.

Great Location

This community would have been a perfect fit for us due to the location it was very close to my condo. The price was a little higher for what they were offering. The apartments had no kitchenette at all which disappointed me because most of the other communities we looked at offered that. The community was really nice and the staff seemed nice and friendly.

Not impressed

The staff here did a nice job showing us around, they took their time and they answered all our questions. We just were not impressed it felt outdated and drab and we felt that it was just too big for our mom.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your review and feedback.  Our priority at Elmcroft of Washington Township is to provide a home-like atmosphere and the very best care for our residents.  We regret you did not fully experience the Elmcroft difference during your visit.  Please know we truly value your comments, it's paramount to helping us better serve future residents and families.

Did not work out for us

The memory care area of this community seemed a little understaffed when mom was there. They just set residents in the dining room and did not make sure they were eating. The food looked ok and the community was clean. Someone went through her room and left food and clothing on the floor. When I visited I only saw a nurse, two aides and a social worker on the floor. I would not recommend the memory care unit of this community.

Megan Strothman

We are sorry to hear that this has been a negative experience for you. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us. We take this mission very seriously and we are saddened to hear your comments. What you described in your review is certainly not indicative of how Elmcroft does business or treats their residents. We are known for our compassionate, friendly, and experienced staff who goes above and beyond for our residents. We are truly sorry you felt differently and therefore would like to apologize. With that said, we do have new management in place and we are more confident than ever that we will continue to enrich the lives of others. Again, I am sorry to hear this has been a difficult experience for you.

My Visit To The Community

This community was a little larger than what we were looking for. I thought mom might have trouble navigating this community. The community looked clean and the people we met were nice. They offer daily activities and transportation.

A good experience!

It was a good experience for my mother while she was at the Elmcroft of Washington Township. We liked the community a lot and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking into it.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Great care

The staff at this community are wonderful. the community is clean and maintained. the meals could use some improvements in the meals. She is happy to participate to be involved with activities. My mom said that she is safe and feels like everyone is nice and likes her room. I would recommend this community to other families for the care of a loved one and the value.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

My tour

This community looked nice and clean when we visited. I am not sure why but there was an odor of propane in the room they showed us. The people we met were nice and knowledgable. They did have a calendar of activities. This community was a little farther away from us than we would have liked.

Trying to get adjusted!

We like this community from what we saw. The tour was great and we liked that it was newer than the other communities that we had toured. They have plenty of activities that they offer the residents. They also provide transportation for the residents to get around.

Great Place!!

My tour of the Elmcroft if Washington Township went great. The place was ver nice, my mother in law and I really liked it.

Very comfortable, clean, and friendly. Residents were engaged and appeared well cared for. Smaller facility and excellent personal space.

My thoughts!

This community seemed a little more institutionalized than the other ones we looked at. It was clean, however it is an older building. The staff we met were nice.

Pleased

Great community. Very pleased with all they have done for us. Everyone is very kind and helpful. Wonderful experience.

Megan Strothman

Great to hear! We are glad you have had a positive experience.

Doing a great job!

The staff here is wonderful and really friendly. They have been great with my loved one trying to transition. The meals look good and healthy, but my loved one has not really had an appetite . The community does offer a variety of activities to do which I like.

A Great Tour!

I looked at the community and it was very nice and laid out well. The staff on the tour were very helpful in answering any questions that I had about the community. The staff has been great through the whole process and the tour.

Not what it seems

This place is NOT what it seems. I would strongly advise against placing your family member there. They negligent to provide even the most basic services such as help with changing or eating on a regular basis.

The activities are nice but that really doesn't matter when basic needs aren't being met. No person deserves this subpar level of care.

A tough decision

The staff at EC have been very helpful with the process of admitting my mom. They helped explain clearly the process of applying to the VA and Medicaid. Any questions or concerns, the nurses and aids and staff have addressed. I like the atmosphere at EC because it is a more relaxing atmosphere like a home would be. And, they have different dining rooms where you can have your meals. It is also very important for my father & family members to have a pleasant place as well where they can visit my mom. They have a nice front and back porch for the residents and a Bistro. I hope facilities realize how important this is because it is so difficult to leave a loved one in someone elses care.

My Mother Is Doing Great Here

My mother really loves this community, everything has worked out very well. Everybody has been very kind and friendly. The staff is very accommodating and courteous. They do a good job of keeping her room and the facility nice and tidy. There are wonderful activities offered, she is really getting involved in the community. She is pleased with the meals, they have a good variety for her too choose from. I know she is safe and getting good care. I would recommend this community.

A Patient Community

It was a very difficult transition for all of us with my mothers move into Elmcroft. The community has been wonderful with helping us adjust. The staff has been very patient with my mother and helpful and kind. I would say that I do think they need more help in the memory care unit of the facility. My mother room would have left over dishes from the day before, and the kitchen needs to be cleaned in a better manner. There are activities geared towards her dementia. She enjoys the food and has been eating more. This is a great patient community and I would highly recommend it.

Mom is in her first month at Elmcroft and is doing remarkably well. There is always a time of adjustment but Mom's needs are being met and the staff are great.

would not reccomend

Nurses are great but assistants give most of the care which I feel is poor. On the alzheimers unit they do not even have a ice machine or area where family can get drinks for patients. I do not think pts get drinks except maybe at meals. Nursing asst at assisted livings do not have to be state certified so many have no medical experience

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Elmcroft seemed like a very nice place overall, it was clean and well decorated and the staff we met seemed friendly. One thing that stood out to me here was that they had a secured front door, which might be nice for some but could be a hassle for those who want to come and go more freely.

They are very accommodating

They are very accommodating. They were very helpful with the transition. This community is very clean. They have private rooms which are always swept and mopped. The staff and residents were all very friendly. I would recommend the Elmcroft of Washington Township to anyone who is looking for a very accommodating assisted living facility. This is a great community with helpful care givers and happy environment.

I love it there.

I love it there. We are really happy with Elmcroft. I don't get complaints about food. It's really clean, and the staff there is the best part. They are great. I am very pleased at this point.

I toured 4 stand alone assisted living care centers and chose Elmcroft. My parents were both living in a different community and the assistance for my mother was not enough so we needed to make a change (she is basically wheelchair bound at age 90). I liked the size of Elmcroft as it was not too large and my parents get plenty of the assistance they need. It is clean, and they really like the meals, which for my folks is saying a lot!

I recommend the community.

They’re not doing their laundry, not doing the food service very well. Last Friday they didn’t have a lot of people there. They don’t respond when they say will. I know a lot of people who have family there. They think highly of it and so do I. I recommend the community.

Caring Place to Put Your Loved One(s)

Elmcroft of Washington Township took the greatest
of care of our mother while she was there. Unfortunately
our mother didn't live very long but for the time
that she did Elmcroft went out of their way to keep our
mother comfortable, looked out for her, made sure she
was fed, etc.
Elmcroft staff was always very very friendly and acted
like they genuinely cared for their residents. I highly recommend Elmcroft of Washington Township. Who knows
maybe someday my husband and I will end up moving
here. What a fantastic place to live!

Great activities, and a friendly staff

This place has done a great job so far! The activities here are wonderful, there's always plenty of things for the residents to do, and the the activities director is often out playing bingo right alongside the residents! They've got two dogs at the community, a younger one that likes to play, and an older one that likes to sit with people, and they encourage families to bring their pets to visit. The food is also very good, they've got a varied menu, and always plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Overall it is just a very comfortable and homey feeling environment, and definitely worth a look!

Very Locked Down Dementia Unit

I didn't think that it was warm. It was a large facility. I didn't like the layout as far as locked down units, I mean you were really locked down. You couldn't even walk around the building. The staff interaction was good. It seems like Elmcroft was a little more expensive, but they don't kick you run out of money. They let you stay where you are an apply for Medicaid.

Nice facility but out of Mo...

Nice facility but out of Mom's price range

No openings $4,560. Per mo....

No openings $4,560. Per mo. Max level care $1,250. Community fee. Non refundable

Have been to Elmcroft twice. Like th...

Have been to Elmcroft twice. Like the feel of the facility. Like that it has Medicaid option. Lots of activity.

Very nice place. The one bedroom at t...

Very nice place. The one bedroom at the lowest level of care would be $46,355. Accommodates special diet. Min. monthly stay $2,730 = $32,760 Has Alzheimer care.

reasonable as compared to other place...

reasonable as compared to other places - going for a second tour to look at memory care unit.

Facility Light/brite & clean.Newly re...

Facility Light/brite & clean.Newly remodeled. Nice priv rms w/bath & wlk-in shwr, grab bars. Use own furn,fridge micro. Does laundry, has beauty shop,rehab, spa, dining rm w/menu

Elmcroft of Washington Township, Miamisburg Ohio is less than a mile from the Dayton Mall. Residents, friends and families enjoy the Dayton Art Institute, the nation’s finest mid-size art museum, and the National Museum of the United States Air Force.

Elmcroft of Washington Township Miamisburg is an assisted living and Alzheimer’s Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Washington Township has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Washington Township features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Elmcroft of Washington Township - Miamisburg, OH offers accommodation to those that might be in need of daily assisted living. It's staffed round the clock with highly trained and experienced healthcare personnel. Moreover, a licensed Health Care Director is always on call 24 hours daily to the community.

It is a stone throw away from the Dayton Mall. Families, friends, and residents can enjoy the nearby mid-size art museum, Dayton Art Institute as well as the United States Air Force's National Museum. The residence is also close to the Schuster Performing Arts Center which is home to Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra. Outdoor activities comprise of strolling through the Cox Arboretum's beautiful grounds or visiting Carillion Park.

Every apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that's handy whenever a need arises. Additionally, all exterior doors are lockable to guarantee a secure environment.

Some of the activities, services, and amenities residents can look forward to include:
- Medication management
- Planned outings and trips
- Bistro
- Billboards room
- Fully landscaped grounds

The community puts much emphasis on activities. Social interaction is an integral part of general good health. The residence is highly dedicated to providing residents an array of spiritual, recreational and social activities. Scheduled transportation available on the community van enables residents to take full advantage of travel activities.

City info

Walkability score: The Walkability score is 37.

Average age in the zip: 39.3 years is the median age in the zip.

Average weather info: Winters are windy and cold while summers are humid, warm and long. It's partly cloudy around the year. Throughout the year, the temperature varies from 22 “ 85 degrees F. It's rarely below 5 degrees F or above 92 degrees F.

Transportation

Buses: Residents can use the Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority. The agency has several bus routes that are located throughout the city.

Trains: Norfolk Southern and CSX offer freight railway services. The latter passes close to Miamisburg on the western side of Great Miami River. The former runs through downtown.

Health and Safety

Hospitals in the area: Some of the hospitals in the area that residents can seek medical assistance include LifeCare Hospitals of Dayton, Southview Medical Center, Sycamore Primary Care, Sycamore Glen Health Center, Kettering Medical Center, Alliance Physicians Inc, Bethesda North Hospital, Sleep Center at Sycamore and Miami Valley Hospital.

Crime rate in the zip: The crime rate per 1,000 residents is 14.08.

Sports and leisure

Golf courses nearby: Jamaica Run Golf Club, Mound Golf Course, and PipeStone Golf Club are some of the golf courses that are near this facility.

Tennis courts/clubs nearby: South Regency Tennis and Fitness Center is one of the tennis courts that residents can visit to play some tennis.

Gyms nearby “ senior friendly (aerobics): Some of the senior-friendly gyms close to the community include Everybody Fitness “ Centerville, American Health and Fitness, Workout Anytime Miamisburg, Competitive Edge Athletics, Anytime Fitness and Planet Fitness.

Shopping and entertainment

Clothes Shopping nearby: Men's Wearhouse, Macy's, Plato's Closet, DXL Destination, Catherines, Urban Loft Boutique and Home, Rally House Dayton and David's Bridal are some of the clothing shopping centers.

Grocery stores: Kroger, Las Penas, Halal Meat and International Grocery, Bombay Bazar, The Spicy Olive, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Whole Foods Market, The Vitamin Shoppe and Gordon Food Service Store are some of the grocery stores that residents can visit for grocery purchases.

Restaurants: National and local chain restaurants exist in this city. Some of the leading ones include Nibbles Restaurant, The Blue Note Bistro and Lounge, Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, Chy's, TJ Chumps, Dewey's Pizza, Frisch's Big Boy Restaurant, Red Lobster, The Melting Pot and Another Broken Egg Café.

Movie theaters: Cinepolis Dayton, Danbarry Dollar Saver, The Plaza Theatre, Rave Cinemas Dayton, By Jo Theatre and The Green 14 + IMAX are some of the movie theatres that residents can step into to grab a movie.

Libraries: Dayton Metro Library is a state of the art library that residents can step into for books, resources etc.

Senior friendly salons (men and women): Some of the senior-friendly salons close to the community include Great Clips, Elavate Salon, Jungle Red Salon, The Urban Loft Salon, BoRics Hair Care, Galaxy Nail Spa, Miss Sylvia's Beauty Salon, Solar Tan and Spa, Massage Envy, Dan's Hairstyling, Uptown Haircuts and Style, Karina's Euro Style and Tonga Nails.

Attractions: Miamisburg, OH is home to many attractions. In fact, there's plenty of things to do and see in this city. Some of the must-visit attractions in Miamisburg include Joe's Charcoal and Building Supplies, Miamisburg Parks and Recreation, Montgomery County Regional Dispatch, Miamisburg Community Park, Riverfront Park, Sycamore Trails Park, Waldruhe Park, Air Time Ballooning, Buckeye Blitz Paintball and Chautauqua Park-8th Street and The Park at Austin Landing.

Religious facilities

Religious facilities nearby: Miamisburg Christian Learning, First Church of Nazarene, Miamisburg Christian Church, First Church of Nazarene, First Church of God, St James United Methodist Church and Southbrook Christian Church are some of the religious facilities nearby.