The Waterford Retirement Community-Kingston - Kingston, ON

The Waterford Retirement Community-Kingston - Kingston, ON has yet not published prices.

Assisted care and memory unit Waterford Kingston

Waterford Kingston expanded in June 2016 to provide an
Assisted care unit and Memory Care unit. As a caregiver/POA for my father I was misinformed by the General Manager about the services/care offered in the Assisted care unit and not informed that the Memory Unit only accepted female clients. The staff on the units were poorly trained, client care plans were substandard, and some staff had significant performance issues. Basic personal care was not being performed, and there was no continuity in staffing. I spent hours and hours of time speaking/emailing management about the substandard conditions related to client care. After 6 months and still unresolved care needs I told the Vice President, General Manager and Director of Nursing that I wanted to speak to the Owners. I was told "they were not available". At this time I would not recommend this facility. And the cost of $5700.00 per month for substandard conditions and misrepresentation of services provided is unacceptable. It is unfortunate because the facility is absolutely beautiful and 5 star resort like. The activities provided are good but sometimes not well attended as clients with mild to moderate memory issues are not cued to attend. All front line staff have been trained well in communicating professionally and respectfully to clients and family members.